X-Men: Days Of Future Past (2014?)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

alpha

Re: X-Men: Days Of Future Past (2014?)

Post by alpha »

excited for the movie. thread is quickly draining any enthusiam.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

@MB Berry wasnt bad because of how she looked, she's obviously fine as hell. I felt her acting was poor. And Im saying if youre going to be so upset about the possible casting of an H-List character, why be so forgiving of the actual casting an A-List character? But nevermind. :shrug:
alpha wrote:excited for the movie. thread is quickly draining any enthusiam.
My bad. When the trailer drops Im sure that'll get everybody hype again.

alpha

Post by alpha »

it's not you're fault. everyone thinks they can have a reasonable movie conversation with MB at one point or another.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

alpha wrote:it's not you're fault. everyone thinks they can have a reasonable movie conversation with MB at one point or another.
:rofl:

I LOVE when people CAN NOT DEAL WITH the very simple truth staring them in the face every single time they log into this website:

OPINIONS ARE LIKE VOICES, WE ALL HAVE A DIFFERENT KIND

I didn't call him an idiot in any way, I just respectfully disagreed with him.

That concept is SO foreign to so many of you Philavillains, LOL. That idea is like... a mutation.

The Afronaut wrote:@MB Berry wasnt bad because of how she looked, she's obviously fine as hell. I felt her acting was poor. And Im saying if youre going to be so upset about the possible casting of an H-List character, why be so forgiving of the actual casting an A-List character? But nevermind. :shrug:
I'm not mad anymore, finding out it was an April Fools Joke. APRIL IS THE CRUELLEST MONTH THE CRUELLEST MONTH :rofl:

I don't share the same ire you do for casting Halle Berry, simple and plain. They could have got a better Colossus, if any ball was dropped, I thought.
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by 907 »

Shit, I forgot that MB doesn't like the Nolan Batman flicks. Bender, I respect that you have your own opinion about those movies, but you're gonna have to respect my opinion that I can't take anyone's opinions on superhero flicks seriously who feels that way about those movies. And if we're listing Bat-knowledge as a prerequisite to our feelings on the trilogy, I've read everything that came out between 78 and 96, and have kept current on the major events since then via TPB.

Agreed on Fraiser being perfect for Beast though. :cheers:
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:They could have got a better Colossus
:leon:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

907 wrote:Shit, I forgot that MB doesn't like the Nolan Batman flicks. Bender, I respect that you have your own opinion about those movies, but you're gonna have to respect my opinion that I can't take anyone's opinions on superhero flicks seriously who feels that way about those movies. And if we're listing Bat-knowledge as a prerequisite to our feelings on the trilogy, I've read everything that came out between 78 and 96, and have kept current on the major events since then via TPB.

Agreed on Fraiser being perfect for Beast though. :cheers:
Fair enough. I don't agree with barely ANY OF YOU... but I LEARN LOTS from you guys all the time.

Kelsey "Beast" Grammer was sheer casting magnificence that deserved much more screen time. And Colossus should have been the Rock, fuck it. IF NOT DOLPH LUNDGREN ON STEROIDS, ha ha.

I will still sleep good at night tonight knowing you don't respect my opinion, LOL. I got this here bootleg copy of Iron Man 3, and I JUST CAN'T FUCKING RESIST WATCHING AT LEAST THE FIRST 15 MINUTES OF IT BEFORE NEXT FRIDAY :rofl:

Call me whatever evil creature suits your fancy, :phila:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

All I'll say is just because you're entitled to your own opinion. Doesn't mean that your opinion can't be wrong

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

alpha wrote:All I'll say is just because you're entitled to your own opinion. Doesn't mean that your opinion can't be wrong
:rofl:

Facts can be wrong. Opinions can't be.

"I like the movie X-3." How can that be judged right or wrong?

If I said "EVERYONE loved X-3", that would be an "opinion that was wrong", because I know that's not fact.

But my opinion about what I like remains right.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I pretty sure if you said you thought the godfather is a terrible movie, your opinion would be wrong.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

alpha wrote:I pretty sure if you said you thought the godfather is a terrible movie, your opinion would be wrong.
I met a woman once who said "I don't like Bob Marley's music." I was like :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: but then was like :killacam: and then was like :kanyeshrug:

opinions are like mouths: everybody talks dung :liljon:

I liked the Godfather III more than most people do.

go ahead and hate and slander me for it :rofl:

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

It's not that they could've got a better Colossus.

It's that Colossus needed more screen time.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

a part of me wants to go to Montreal and sneak onto the set somehow :rofl:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Didnt Sebastian Shaw kill your character off in First Class?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

The Afronaut wrote:Didnt Sebastian Shaw kill your character off in First Class?
:rofl: :cheers: and :bow:

This post honestly made my shitty day waay better.

And yo, I adapt to survive everything... EVEN DEATH :spidey:

Still makes me wanna BAMF! onto the film set like :disappear:

:ironmike:

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Well this is interesting. Quicksilver, who along with his sister Scarlet Witch, is confirmed to appear in Avengers 2 , is also going to be appearing in X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is currently filming.

Director Bryan Singer just tweeted the news on his personal account.

"Before he was an #Avenger, he was just a REALLY fast kid. Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."

Post by 907 »

:larry: I thought that they couldn't use each other's characters because of all the Disney/ Fox stuff? This could be really huge news.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

907 wrote::larry: I thought that they couldn't use each other's characters because of all the Disney/ Fox stuff? This could be really huge news.
Legally speaking, both Marvel and Fox posses the right to include Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in their feature films. However, given that Days of Future Past will hit theaters next year while The Avengers 2 doesn’t open until 2015, audiences may be a tad confused at seeing two iterations of the character onscreen.

As Marvel/Disney and Fox are competing in the marketplace, the two studios don’t exactly share their creative material. As such, the version of Quicksilver in DOFP is likely to be quite different from the Quicksilver we’ll see in The Avengers 2. For instance, Marvel doesn’t have the rights to X-Men so they can’t mention the fact that Magneto is Quicksilver’s father, and Fox doesn’t have the rights to The Avengers so they can’t allude to the fact that Quicksilver also hangs out with Tony Stark and the gang in his free time.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

if there was ever a compelling argument for monopolizing the movie industry, this is it
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Post by 907 »

Wait, so it's going to be different actors? I thought they meant they were actually crossing the two universes. :fail:

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

907 wrote:Wait, so it's going to be different actors? I thought they meant they were actually crossing the two universes. :fail:
naw thats not gonna happen

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Gregg Popabitch

Post by 907 »

:ohsh:

Shit looks dope so far, Bishop is spot on.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

sweet
the other dude is colossus?

Gregg Popabitch

That white dude is colossus.

Post by 907 »

I'm drawing a blank on who, but doesn't someone get killed during Days of future past in the comics? It's been a long time since I've read it. I wonder if the movie will stay faithful to the source material.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

doesn't the whole thing happen because somebody travels back in time to kill off young xavier?

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

drizzle wrote:doesn't the whole thing happen because somebody travels back in time to kill off young xavier?
I think that's the premise for Age of Apocalypse, DoFP is where the X-men fail to prevent some politician from being assassinated by mutants, which causes a national lockdown on all mutants

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

907 wrote:I'm drawing a blank on who, but doesn't someone get killed during Days of future past in the comics? It's been a long time since I've read it. I wonder if the movie will stay faithful to the source material.
Ya haven't read it in a while but I think a few people bite it in the future storyline but because the plot deals with alternate timelines I don't think any of the deaths stick