Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Tweak Da Leak

Re: Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Walt comes back to save Jesse, ricin for lydia, machine gun for nazi's, jesse see's ricin thinks its for him, kills walt leaving him bleeding on the money he had for Jesse, credits roll.
UBM CD COMING SOON

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Did Skylar know Walt was trying to help her out when he was saying all that stuff over the phone?

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

naturalborn103 wrote:Did Skylar know Walt was trying to help her out when he was saying all that stuff over the phone?
i watched it again in the rebroadcast, it looks like at about the halfway point she realized it.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

naturalborn103 wrote:Did Skylar know Walt was trying to help her out when he was saying all that stuff over the phone?
Yes. You can tell she's on his every word and, given she's just as smart as Walt and knows how to detect his bullshit, she has to know.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i don't understand how walt coming back to save jesse make any sense to anybody

this is a person Walt now explicitly blames for the chain of events that literally destroyed his family, and he already had a chance to save Jesse by simply shutting up and letting the nazi's leave. instead he not only directly handed jesse over to his would be killers he made sure to kick Jesse in the balls one more time before death by admitting to the Jane thing
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

very nice touch

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

drizzle wrote:i don't understand how walt coming back to save jesse make any sense to anybody

this is a person Walt now explicitly blames for the chain of events that literally destroyed his family, and he already had a chance to save Jesse by simply shutting up and letting the nazi's leave. instead he not only directly handed jesse over to his would be killers he made sure to kick Jesse in the balls one more time before death by admitting to the Jane thing
maybe with walt jr finally turnign against him he makes one last chance at redemption with jesse

or

he gets pissed there's blue meth going around again.
UBM CD COMING SOON

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

allegedly the pants from the pilot

Verge

Post by Verge »

wow nice, l watched it twice and noticed that both times but didnt know wtf it Was.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote: Also, I'm still not convinced Walt was sincerely pleading for Hank's life, but rather either trying to save face in front of Hank for Hank's final moments, to tell his family later if the case may be that he tried everything he could, or because he has a complex about still being able to convince himself that he's a good guy.
I can see debating about how much of his pleading was legit vs trying to mastermind his story for later but I think the context shows that he was definitely fully invested (pun intended) in trying to save Hank. He told the Nazi's where all of his money was in an attempt to save Hank- if he was only doing it to save face later on he would have chosen a different approach. I think his impulsive and ultimately useless decision to tell them about the money speaks volumes about how he was delusional enough to think he could save Hank by offering these psychos money. Even Hank knew it was too little, too late.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Anyone think it's possible he's coming after the nazis solely for the rest of his money?

Pride is the most important thing to him and, after losing so much on Grey Matter, he's not going to lose the entirety of the fortune he's worked so hard for again. The whole show's been about him not being able to put his ego aside and know when to quit. He has to feel like an absolute winner and get the final say. I can see him at least with the plan to, with Jesse and maybe even Todd's help, kill the nazis and then kill Todd in front of Jesse so Jesse doesn't even get that satisfaction and then attempt to kill Jesse.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

A) i dont think any of us will be able to accurately predict what will happen because this show defies expectations more than any show i've ever watched and b) in terms of why Walt would come back to handle the Nazi's- i think its more plausible that he wants to take them out based on their ability to go after his family (even if the family is detached from implication and connection with Walt) than to seek his money, but I don't think Walt would mind avenging that either.

hustler

Post by hustler »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
drizzle wrote:i don't understand how walt coming back to save jesse make any sense to anybody

maybe with walt jr finally turnign against him he makes one last chance at redemption with jesse

or

he gets pissed there's blue meth going around again.
right now Walt thinks Jesse is dead. If blue meth hits the streets again, he'll know the aryans have jesse and are using him to cook. it goes two ways, either he sees it as a second chance to do right by jesse, or he gets even more pissed and is going back to cap jesse, take out all the aryans, and get his money back. There's always the possibility of Jesse escaping or whatever, or them ending up helping each other to take out the aryans culminating in a final showdown between the two of them.

It would be pretty cool if they could find a way for marie to die, god damn shes annoying, but Skylar dying and Marie ending up with the kids seems much more plausible, unfortunately.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

When this is over Im gonna go through all the episodes again. I havent watched a single episode twice since it started in 2008, I feel like Ive overlooked a lot cause sometimes I cannot remember what you guys are talking about.

I think its why Im about to ask... why the ricin be for lydia? Why does she need to go? I dont get that part.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Harry Hater wrote:I think its why Im about to ask... why the ricin be for lydia? Why does she need to go? I dont get that part.
Because she's annoying and obnoxious?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Combo7 wrote:
Harry Hater wrote:I think its why Im about to ask... why the ricin be for lydia? Why does she need to go? I dont get that part.
Because she's annoying and obnoxious?
Well she did put a hit on everybody, and told Walt his decisions are literally and figuratively putting her 'in a box'.
UBM CD COMING SOON

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Harry Hater wrote: I think its why Im about to ask... why the ricin be for lydia? Why does she need to go? I dont get that part.
assuming jesse and nazis are either dead or somehow neutralized definitively, she's the last piece that can connect Walt to anything

albeit if at that point Walt is terminal and the story about his cooking is already public I'm not sure if he would even care about who can connect him to what

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:Image

"I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

samdoom wrote:A) i dont think any of us will be able to accurately predict what will happen because this show defies expectations more than any show i've ever watched.

What has it defied? Incredible show, but let's not make it out to be more than It is.
There are so many possibilities, it would be absolute luck if you got moast of the outcomes correct.

My uneducated guess is that Jesse survives. He's gone through so much due to Walt, that he deserves to live.
He's not a killer, but I can see him killing some Nazis to save his life. Barring Brock and Andrea being in danger, I don't see him being who Walt faces in that presumed gun battle.

Before last night's episode I was thinking we might see something happen to Marie and maybe Skylar.
But since the cops are with them, and the authorities should suspect that Hank and Gomez are dead, is the rest of the White family safe?

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

drizzle wrote: i don't understand how walt coming back to save jesse make any sense to anybody

not disagreeing but walt is very reactionary. most of his wrong doings comes from his knee-jerk impulsive decisions. mainly when his fragile ego take a beating. killing mike. stealing the baby. i think there is still an ounce of good in him and 4-6 months alone probably gave him some time to reflect. in the moment walt is a careless person, but when he wants revenge he is usually a mastermind and executes pretty flawlessly.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Well yea if Lydia pisses him off or does anything out of pocket in the next 2 eps (aka 3-4 months before the flash forward starts), he'll def get rid of her.

I was talking more in terms of simply tying loose ends/clearing himself - there wouldn't be much point to even bother.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^^ sorry quoted wrong thang

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

:leon:

I don't think Walt is that upset about his money being taken by the Nazis. He's still got millions for himself and his family if he wants to leave it to them. Why wouldn't he kill the Nazis soon thereafter while his money was more likely to be around if he was mega pissed about the cash? You wouldn't wait months THEN come back and try to get it back when it's likely been moved all over the place.

There's no reason to go after Lydia now unless she does something to get Walt to come back. Maybe that's what it is, her backers get pissed and send someone to get Walt to come out of hiding and cook. Maybe Lydia gets killed that way too.

It's a good point people are making about the .50 cal. The big gun is a ton of overkill to murk someone like Jesse unless Walt is mega pissed, which is possible I suppose. We're also assuming Walt has it for himself, and isn't planning on giving it to someone else to use.

Walt's days of trying to prevent information getting out are over now. Shit is out of the bag.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

My friend sent this quote to me I think it's just someone's opinion but I really like it.. "One thing Walt's proven time and time again is that he always has a plan, and we're usually kept in the dark about it until the reveal. It turning out he knows Gus plans to kill him in S3 and that he has already made a plan to guarantee their survival (killing Gail,) or the Lily of the Valley with Brock to get Jesse on his side.

Even when he was lying down in the dirt crying he had to have been thinking of some way to get back at the Nazis and reclaim his empire. I think Jesse is a major part of that. Walt knows they've been having trouble with meth purity (he was supposed to help the Nazis cook after the hit job was done) and he knows that if the Nazis took Jesse, the only other person who can cook Heisenberg quality meth, they wouldn't kill him. Maybe they'd torture him, but they'd need him to cook meth.

Walt gave Jesse to them to get a man inside, even if Jesse didn't know he's that man. Walt told Jesse he killed Jane to give him something to live for and keep fighting for survival/not commit suicide; Jesse must want nothing more than to one day have a chance to kill Walt, more than ever before.

His returning in the flash-forwards is him beginning to carry out that plan. Walt's not a soldier, he can't take on a battalion of Neo-Nazis with combat experience by himself. But he is smarter than all of them put together, and as he's always done that's how he's going to win. And when his plan's revealed it'll have been so foreshadowed throughout the entire season that we'll be kicking ourselves for not fully figuring it out."

alpha

Post by alpha »

I really like and that's close to what I was thinking.

TeenageMoustache

Post by TeenageMoustache »

When Todd is dragging Jesse out of the dungeon, Jesse says he told him everything, and that only Hank and his partner knew anything. The Nazis are going to circle back to Hank's house, and see the cops all over it and the White resident. With Walt disappearing, they are going to think he talked, since they aren't aware Marie was in the loop.

Something has to happen to compel Walt to return a year later. Maybe Jesse escapes, but some kind of circumstance changes the equation.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

drizzle wrote:Image

very nice touch
What am I missing here?

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

naturalborn103 wrote: What am I missing here?
OMG, ITS THE SAME KNIFE SET!!!

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Somebody give naturalborn a Breaking Bad for dummies please.