Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Dan

Re: Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Post by Dan »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
Req wrote:did you guys miss the shot halfway through the last episode when Walt is at Skyler's new house and there's a small snow globe on the table by the kettle?

I think it was Flynn's.
AN HOMAGE TO THE HILL STREET BLUES FINALE!
St. Elsewhere.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:
Smithee wrote:Some of you are trippin, Metastasis looks so dope. Spanish language television gets it right, even just based on the females alone. I eff w/ Porque el Amor Manda on the reg and honestly I could watch 12 Corazones all day.
I'm definitely going to check Metástasis out but a lot of that has to do brushing up on my spanish. I've only seen two spanish speaking shows, one of which was actually Colombian called "Sin tetas no hay paraíso" (without titties there's no paradise) and the other was a Dexterish type serial killer show from Argentina called "Epitafios". The latter was better in terms of acting and cinematography, but with Sin Tetas, as you alluded to, there were some hot ass women on that show. And they got naked too.
Bro, check out 12 Corazones. It's a dating show, kind of similar to Singled Out, based on astrological signs. I know that sounds lame and I'll forewarn you that it is indeed absolutely ridiculous, but it's the most fun show on television. I laugh my ass off every episode and the girls are so hot and trashy. It's wonderful. The host (Penélope Menchaca, who I am in love with) does speak really fast, and admittedly I get lost, but after watching a few episodes you'll pick up the format and that helps cause although every episode has a different tema (theme), they're all the same.

Bonus points, too, because although the majority of the contestants come from Mexico or Central/South America, many come from L.A. or Miami who speak less Spanish than you and me. Lol and Penélope just clowns them. It's great.

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

The cheesiness of a Spanish Breaking Bad remake could be great. It's really not that stupid. What's stupid is that Americans do this to TV shows from the UK that are spoken in the same fucking language.
Buy my mixtape.

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

Smithee wrote:
The Aluminum Falcon wrote:
Smithee wrote:Some of you are trippin, Metastasis looks so dope. Spanish language television gets it right, even just based on the females alone. I eff w/ Porque el Amor Manda on the reg and honestly I could watch 12 Corazones all day.
I'm definitely going to check Metástasis out but a lot of that has to do brushing up on my spanish. I've only seen two spanish speaking shows, one of which was actually Colombian called "Sin tetas no hay paraíso" (without titties there's no paradise) and the other was a Dexterish type serial killer show from Argentina called "Epitafios". The latter was better in terms of acting and cinematography, but with Sin Tetas, as you alluded to, there were some hot ass women on that show. And they got naked too.
Bro, check out 12 Corazones. It's a dating show, kind of similar to Singled Out, based on astrological signs. I know that sounds lame and I'll forewarn you that it is indeed absolutely ridiculous, but it's the most fun show on television. I laugh my ass off every episode and the girls are so hot and trashy. It's wonderful. The host (Penélope Menchaca, who I am in love with) does speak really fast, and admittedly I get lost, but after watching a few episodes you'll pick up the format and that helps cause although every episode has a different tema (theme), they're all the same.

Bonus points, too, because although the majority of the contestants come from Mexico or Central/South America, many come from L.A. or Miami who speak less Spanish than you and me. Lol and Penélope just clowns them. It's great.
¿Palabra?

Voy a mirarlo. Gracias.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

^^ Simon, guey. :cheers:

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Dan wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
Req wrote:did you guys miss the shot halfway through the last episode when Walt is at Skyler's new house and there's a small snow globe on the table by the kettle?

I think it was Flynn's.
AN HOMAGE TO THE HILL STREET BLUES FINALE!
St. Elsewhere.
I stand corrected.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/anth ... f-breaking
Dear Mister Cranston.

I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I’ve just finished a marathon of watching “BREAKING BAD” - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I’ve sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers…. every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance … The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I’ve ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It’s almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Nice.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

tony and gomey must be irl homies
moved by duck muscles

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i watched the entire series in a couple of weeks. the first season kinda sucks but the show got pretty great towards the end. the acting was awesome & some of the characters were really good (especially gus)
after hearing so much about the show.. i was actually really surprised by the tone tho. i expected it to be a lot more realistic & serious for some reason

Dan

Post by Dan »

I had to Google Tony Hopkins. :megaman:

Then I :larry: myself.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

ackbar wrote:i watched the entire series in a couple of weeks. the first season kinda sucks but the show got pretty great towards the end.
:larry:
Let's save those kinda criticisms for shows that actually suck like Dexter and Entourage. BB been great since it started and only got better as it went along.

Post by 907 »

^
:cheers:
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Blockhead wrote:
ackbar wrote:i watched the entire series in a couple of weeks. the first season kinda sucks but the show got pretty great towards the end.
:larry:
Let's save those kinda criticisms for shows that actually suck like Dexter and Entourage. BB been great since it started and only got better as it went along.
i don't watch dexter. i said "kinda" because i don't think it sucked. it's just not even the best tv series of that year
it didn't really fully hit its stride for me until jane died. the first bit of the series is a little goofy

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

My point is that it didn't kinda suck at any point of the show, imo. Not even close to kinda sucking.

Dap

Post by Dap »

Blockhead wrote:My point is that it didn't kinda suck at any point of the show, imo. Not even close to kinda sucking.

:cheers:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

ackbar wrote: it didn't really fully hit its stride for me until jane died. the first bit of the series is a little goofy
the first two seasons had a purposefully comic bent, albeit a very dark one. as it went on it became more of a seriously-minded crime drama, but even then it still had lighter elements. consider how the shows darkest moment, the opening scene of Ozymandias, is followed by a scene of Walt rolling the barrel across the sand which is pitched at a nearly slapstick tone.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

once Saul had more of a role it allowed them to be more serious with other characters and still have that comic relief.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

^^ that's a good point

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Somebody should make a poll about best TV/movie sidekick lawyers.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

http://www.vulture.com/2013/10/anthony- ... googlenews
Dear Mister Cranston.
I wanted to write you this email – so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber – I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I’ve just finished a marathon of watching “BREAKING BAD” – from episode one of the First Season – to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen – ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I’ve sort of lost belief in anything really.
But this work of yours is spectacular – absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers…. every department – casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to – would you pass on my admiration to everyone – Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada – everyone – everyone gave master classes of performance … The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I’ve ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It’s almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards
Tony Hopkins

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

dude that is literally 6 posts above you :lastweek:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:rofl: excited to share didnt see.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

gomey and tony must be irl homies
moved by duck muscles

Dan

Post by Dan »

I didn't have to Google Tony Hopkins this time.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

PEACE

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »