Sons Of Anarchy - Season 6

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

LameAim

Re: Sons Of Anarchy - Season 6

Post by LameAim »

Philaflava wrote:co sign on that sutter shit. enough is enough. we get it, it's your show.
This also might mean that Gemma could find her way into all of the other subplots she isn't already part of for no good reason.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

did they just have an episode where they had some guards want to watch older people fuck? :lol:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

LameAim wrote:
ardamus wrote: And they killed the fat guy who just graduated from being prospect. Fuck. :owens:
His name was Filthy Phil. He was one of the three people left on this show that was worth a damn.

At least Otto's finally dead so Sutter can stay offscreen. Of course, Unser and his forevercancer stick around to get shat on another day.
Unser is a G, doe. He has to go out on some ill shit like Piney did. It will be uncivilized for him to just get popped and not get the proper respect on the show.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

and :ohsh: at that ending, too. they know how to kill off characters and make this shit interesting still.

yeah Sutter being off the show is better. after a while, a dude with no tongue in jail that just stabs everyone gets boring. lol.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

ardamus wrote:and :ohsh: at that ending, too. they know how to kill off characters and make this shit interesting still.
wait- what?! one of this shows biggest problems for the last two to three seasons has been its unwillingness to kill off characters. Opie was really the only major death the show has done that had any impact felt afterward. Clay should have been dead at least two seasons ago, Tig should have been dead at least two episodes ago, etc., etc. That's the thing that sets this show apart from much better shows, because the goal is to simply stretch out the narrative to logic-defying lengths instead of letting the stories progress to their logical ends. Jax and Clay have been able to weasel out of so many sticky situations with very little negative affects lingering that its painful to watch at times. I keep watching though.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

These 90 minute episodes are killing me.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

samdoom wrote:
ardamus wrote:and :ohsh: at that ending, too. they know how to kill off characters and make this shit interesting still.
wait- what?! one of this shows biggest problems for the last two to three seasons has been its unwillingness to kill off characters. Opie was really the only major death the show has done that had any impact felt afterward. Clay should have been dead at least two seasons ago, Tig should have been dead at least two episodes ago, etc., etc. That's the thing that sets this show apart from much better shows, because the goal is to simply stretch out the narrative to logic-defying lengths instead of letting the stories progress to their logical ends. Jax and Clay have been able to weasel out of so many sticky situations with very little negative affects lingering that its painful to watch at times. I keep watching though.
See everything you bitched about, I was fucked up about, too. Think about it though....when was Tara ever real serious about trying to leave the club and take the kids away from Jax? And Unser is offering to help because he was tired of dealing with some of Gemma's shit. Tig should've been dead but understand that dude who over for Damon Pope is different terms with SOA. And I think Jimmy Smit's character is actually a good addition to the show. I agree that Jax and Clay get themselves out of so many situations but, I think that's the dynamic of them both. Jax is finally running things but ends up doing shit sort of Clay did without getting a consent from everyone. The difference is Jax is taking that advice from his pops's past experience and trying to apply it differently. If anything, when the last season comes up, we'll more than likely see how things end up for them both.
LameAim wrote:These 90 minute episodes are killing me.
Yeah, I have to stream them online to avoid all those commercials. They must've got a shitload of sponsors to hook them up.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

ardamus wrote:
samdoom wrote:
See everything you bitched about, I was fucked up about, too. Think about it though....when was Tara ever real serious about trying to leave the club and take the kids away from Jax? And Unser is offering to help because he was tired of dealing with some of Gemma's shit. Tig should've been dead but understand that dude who over for Damon Pope is different terms with SOA. And I think Jimmy Smit's character is actually a good addition to the show. I agree that Jax and Clay get themselves out of so many situations but, I think that's the dynamic of them both. Jax is finally running things but ends up doing shit sort of Clay did without getting a consent from everyone. The difference is Jax is taking that advice from his pops's past experience and trying to apply it differently. If anything, when the last season comes up, we'll more than likely see how things end up for them both.
I think you missed my point and you're drinking the SOA kool-aid a bit. The reasons you're giving for buying into the implausible narratives are the reasons the show is half-heartedly providing you with. Tara, in real life, would have left multiple times, period. The show keeps her around to keep the narrative stretched out. Smits is a good character/actor and gets to shine in this show because he's surrounded by plenty of caricatures. Jax and Clay following different paths is completely irrelevant to the fact that both of them, especially Clay, should have died a season or two ago.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

It's just one bad soap opera now but I don't miss an episode. But I agree, 90 mins is a bit much for this show.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

samdoom wrote:
ardamus wrote:
samdoom wrote:
I think you missed my point and you're drinking the SOA kool-aid a bit. The reasons you're giving for buying into the implausible narratives are the reasons the show is half-heartedly providing you with. Tara, in real life, would have left multiple times, period. The show keeps her around to keep the narrative stretched out. Smits is a good character/actor and gets to shine in this show because he's surrounded by plenty of caricatures. Jax and Clay following different paths is completely irrelevant to the fact that both of them, especially Clay, should have died a season or two ago.
Actually, I just like the show. If I was drinking the SOA kool-aid, I would say there's nothing completely wrong with this show which I probably have never stated. I thought getting rid of the prospects like they did was weak. And before that, a few seasons ago, I forgot which SOA character dided but he was newer. It was that episode where they were fighting with military warfare and one the dudes got blown up by a grenade. You didn't see anythign commerate the dude and etc. like they've done with other past members. Look, I just enjoy seeing the build with the other storylines. But now its true, in reality Tara would've left a while ago. But remember what happened in that first season with that fed that was stalking her and Jax. I just think Smits is a good character because now SOA has finally another partnership, aside from Pope Industries, that gives some depth to the show. Clay definitely should've died but if it was the IRA, the authorities needed him for favors each time. As fucked up as it is, thats the way the story plays out.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

So much Shield cross-over this season it's crazy.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

this week's episode was prob the best of the season thus far. still some bad music and the episode was much longer than necessary, but at least nothing cringe-worthy happened of note.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

samdoom wrote:this week's episode was prob the best of the season thus far. still some bad music and the episode was much longer than necessary, but at least nothing cringe-worthy happened of note.
I cringed a lot when they were dealing with the Eden cops, because corrupt law enforcement is way too common of a clutch phrase with this show.

I will say this episode was one of the better ones overall this season, but I don't think that's really saying much.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:ohsh: at what happened between Tara and Gemma

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

ardamus wrote::ohsh: at what happened between Tara and Gemma
definitely pretty shocking that tara would go to such lengths, but they foreshadowed the hell out if it all season. interested to see where this goes, but i'm a little concerned this is going to take over as a major conflict on the show when i don't really care much about either character at this point.

also- i'm not doctor, but wouldn't the hospital be able to see that she was never pregnant when they have her hooked up to the machines? I can't imagine that if you lose a baby that your body doesn't have some sort of internal difference as opposed to simply being "back to normal" after losing the fake baby.

alpha

Post by alpha »

pretty sure the other doctor is backing her up. the ginger-dyke. thats too much even for a show like SOA.

They're making it pretty clear that Tara is going to die at some point this season or next.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

Tara just signed her own death warrant and Wendy knows it.

I actually liked this episode. Somewhere between Wym's threat to Robocop and Jax being reminded of his past feelings of being fucked over by his pops and doing the same thing to his own kids, shit started getting real. Then the Tara/Gemna thing just took it over the top.

I'm sure I'll find something next week to hate, though.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

i wonder if Sutter is friends with lots of musicians that do terrible covers and he hooks them up with the opportunity for royalties

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Is it just me or does it make you :lol: that Boyd Crowder from Justified is a tranny on this show shooting guns and getting stalked by Tig?

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

Wendy slipped off that wagon pretty damn quick after this shit went down. Can't blame her, dealing with all of these fucks.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:lol: this muthafucka Clay shimmying was hilarious

alpha

Post by alpha »

I fucking hate this show, yet still watch.

Chance

Post by Chance »

alpha wrote:I fucking hate this show, yet still watch.
Yup.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

This season started off kinda whatever, but its gotten a lot better.

Anyways, Kurt Sutter was on The Howard Stern Show yesterday with Katey Sagal comin on towards the end. I recorded this live and here's the audio...

- http://www.hulkshare.com/wicked22/kurt- ... 11-11-2013

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Apparently they expanded the show to 90 minutes in order to make space for more fucking montages

PEACE

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i knew we were gonna hear a katy sagal FULL fucking track. worst music ever is played on this show.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Philaflava wrote:i knew we were gonna hear a katy sagal FULL fucking track. worst music ever is played on this show.
hahaha I was annoyed by that as well. And that episode was pretty slow and boring. Can't wait for the next one though...

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

episode was a step in the right direction in terms of being more entertaining and changing the dynamics moving forward. that being said- clay's death, just as tara explicitly said in the car ride after, was a long time coming. i think him getting killed last season or earlier would have had more impact and been much less predictable/more rewarding. it seemed too little too late this season, especially since clay hasn't really been involved.

with how they're setting things up moving forward i would hope that jax dies at the end of next season. if he walks off into the sunset and they make tara look like the bad guy for turning on the club, all of the (albeit weak) moral ambiguity etc that has built up over the years will have been wasted time.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

tara days are numbered.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

ardamus wrote:tara days are numbered.
this may be true. here's the thing though- if they kill off tara, jax HAS to die. There's no way the series can kill off the one character that was essentially turned from genuinely good into shady based on the club's actions. If they were to kill off Tara simply because she was a snitch without any major repercussions for the club and Jax, that would be weak as fuck. I think its more likely that something takes place where Tara isn't able to bring herself to provide the bullet or whatever than for her to go through with being an informant. who knows though- the show's moral compass has been off or non-existent for the past couple seasons.