CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Sylissez

Re: CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Post by Sylissez »

That ending, man. :ohsh: Bryan is the most over act in the company, without a doubt. WWE can't get that ending up quick enough. I'm gonna rewatch that shit 100 times. There is nothing that can kill Bryan's heat. This is just like Stone Cold where the fans latched onto a guy they liked and refused to let go, regardless of the silly shit WWE saddled them with.

Bryan's gotta be getting the belt at Mania, right?

Post by 907 »

Sylissez wrote:That ending, man. :ohsh: Bryan is the most over act in the company, without a doubt. WWE can't get that ending up quick enough. I'm gonna rewatch that shit 100 times. There is nothing that can kill Bryan's heat. This is just like Stone Cold where the fans latched onto a guy they liked and refused to let go, regardless of the silly shit WWE saddled them with.

It's a nice thought, but I honestly don't have faith that they'll go through with it, no matter how obviously good it would be for them. Vince is completely out of touch with what people in 2014 want, and everything goes through him.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Sylissez wrote:Bryan's gotta be getting the belt at Mania, right?
I'm starting to buy into the idea that they might know what they are doing right now. They've used the most over faces (Punk and Bryan) to elevate the status of The Shield (mostly Reigns and Ambrose) and The Wyatt family. You don't have the Rock obviously, but you will have Batista, Lesnar, Taker and most likely Hogan for star power. And these are once in a lifetime reactions.

They can't be stupid enough not to end Mania with that right?

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Yeah, I mean that reaction last night was on a Stone Cold level. And it's not just the Northeast smark cities or his hometown. It's every city they go to. Little kids are wearing beards. The crowd is chanting for him during segments he has nothing to do with. And he's been the guy involved at the end of the show more often than not since July/August.

Yeah, I think this has been a deliberate build.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Its so hard to believe this is where they were headed all along. Dude is undeniable.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

i think they believe that he is over but they dont believe that he can sell ppvs

Req

Post by Req »

tehgiftofgab wrote:yea just came in to say shes apparently not dead lol, will look up the match now
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1913 ... -at-age-90

:(
F.U. MOOLAH

Post by 907 »

mike eagle wrote:i think they believe that he is over but they dont believe that he can sell ppvs

Good thing their moving away from the PPV business and towards the network business.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

just watched that match again. really was brilliant. there's a couple instances of bryan either helping the usos out of the cage or obviously going easy on them

zappy

Post by zappy »

man i love dean ambrose.

zappy

Post by zappy »

Sylissez wrote:That ending, man. :ohsh: Bryan is the most over act in the company, without a doubt. WWE can't get that ending up quick enough. I'm gonna rewatch that shit 100 times. There is nothing that can kill Bryan's heat. This is just like Stone Cold where the fans latched onto a guy they liked and refused to let go, regardless of the silly shit WWE saddled them with.

i'm ready for the summer of bryan. too bad it will never happen.

Post by 907 »

zappy wrote:man i love dean ambrose.

There's another one that's even longer, and just as good. I've watched them both multiple times, and am still not sick of them.

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

is it me or is curtis axel lookin better these days. just saw the match he had with kofi kingston and it wasn't bad.
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

I'm going to Royal Rumble next week, I haven't watched wrestling in many years. I grew up watching wrestling and stopped sometime after the attitude era. One thing I never got to do was go to a big live event like Raw or Smackdown or anything like that. Finally living the dream.

SOMEONE SCHOOL ME, GET ME UP TO SPEED SO I KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AT ROYAL RUMBLE AND I WILL LOVE YOU 4EVER

I only know a handful of the current crop... Cena, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Orton, Sheamus, etc
and I vaguely know about all the stuff CM Punk did in the past couple years or whenever it was. Still don't really know what it was all about though

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

just read this entire thread, youll be done by sunday im sure, heh

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Andvil wrote:SOMEONE SCHOOL ME, GET ME UP TO SPEED SO I KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AT ROYAL RUMBLE AND I WILL LOVE YOU 4EVER
Andvil, read this:

Looking back at 2013:
http://www.nerdly.co.uk/2014/01/01/wwe- ... in-review/

Funnier recap:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/24/ ... -in-review

Outside of the big names like Cena, Lesnar, Taker, Punk, and Bryan, the new names worth knowing about:
The Shield (trio comprised of Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns)
The Wyatt Family (Leader Bray Wyatt, and his followers Luke Harper and Erick Rowan)
Big E Langston (first legit IC title holder in a while)

Watch both of these to see how over Daniel Bryan is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttiGTC5B2gg

This one also has the coolest finish to Raw in recent memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdhr1kxIaSY

Major storylines going into the Rumble:

-Return of Dave Batista
-Authority (Triple H, Stephanie, Kane?, Vince?) vs CM Punk
-Closure to the Bray Wyatt/Daniel Bryan storyline? Also where does Daniel Bryan go from here into WrestleMania if he isn't in the Rumble Match.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

As for Raw, please tell me that new Batista look means he is going heel quick? Regardless, lol'd hard at skinny jeans, teeny track suit, old fat face looking motivational Rock looking ass dude Batista.

And yes, the whole six man tag was amazing, but HOLY SHIT:

Super Hero shit.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Yeah that whole sequence with Reigns was tuff.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

Brougham33 wrote:
Andvil wrote:SOMEONE SCHOOL ME, GET ME UP TO SPEED SO I KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AT ROYAL RUMBLE AND I WILL LOVE YOU 4EVER
Andvil, read this:

Looking back at 2013:
http://www.nerdly.co.uk/2014/01/01/wwe- ... in-review/

Funnier recap:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/24/ ... -in-review

Outside of the big names like Cena, Lesnar, Taker, Punk, and Bryan, the new names worth knowing about:
The Shield (trio comprised of Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns)
The Wyatt Family (Leader Bray Wyatt, and his followers Luke Harper and Erick Rowan)
Big E Langston (first legit IC title holder in a while)

Watch both of these to see how over Daniel Bryan is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttiGTC5B2gg

This one also has the coolest finish to Raw in recent memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdhr1kxIaSY

Major storylines going into the Rumble:

-Return of Dave Batista
-Authority (Triple H, Stephanie, Kane?, Vince?) vs CM Punk
-Closure to the Bray Wyatt/Daniel Bryan storyline? Also where does Daniel Bryan go from here into WrestleMania if he isn't in the Rumble Match.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ayo that's the dopest opus a-train
was digging on the wyatt fam/the shield in particular when i went back to watching over the summer
if you want some luchadore masks or a talking sting doll to take with just a holler
moved by duck muscles

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

I dont need no mask, you LaParka, I'm Malenko....

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Ambrose on the Cabana podcast this week, good listen.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Andivil. I went to a royal rumble without watching wrestling for a couple of years and is was still fucking awesome. It was the year LT got into the shit.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

How is gold dust looking better than he ever has?

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Ramen wrote:How is gold dust looking better than he ever has?
1) He's cleaner than he's ever been.

2) DDP Yoga.

Anyone else here ever tried DDP Yoga?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

zappy

Post by zappy »

anyone have a stream site for royal rumble?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

not watching but read elsewhere that
http://smackyourtv.com/
is where it's at
might check out the rumble portion when it comes time
moved by duck muscles

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Wyatt/Bryan match was the shit.

I'll give it a chance, but I'm dreading Bray/Cena fued, Cena can't really pull off the kayfabe angles, I'm having flashbacks to the 2012 embrace the hate Kane fued.

Loved that crowd.

The audience and matches no longer matter, Dave Batista is headlining Mania.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Ppv was amazing till mysterios tubby ass came as 30 and not Bryan, I know it was obviously but fuck Batista winning, at least the crowd was amazing

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Bryan tweeting about it last night:
They try to keep US down and away from the top spots, but they can’t ignore the reactions forever. Keep voicing your opinions. #YESMovement
And so did Foley:
Does @WWE actually hate their own audience? I've never been so disgusted with a PPV.
So I still want to believe this is all a work, but Foley seriously doubled down on the frustration and it seemed too real:
HEY WWE....WHAT THE F?

As I mentioned on Twitter, I've never felt so disgusted at the conclusion of a WWE (or any) PPV. Like many of you out there, I just don't get it. This Daniel Bryan thing is a phenomenon. You get it. I get it. The fans in Pittsburgh (yes, I was thinking of writing "RIGHT TH...but I'm just not in a cheap pop mood) got it. But tonight, for the first time, I had to admit to myself that the powers that be are just not going to get it. And that makes me sad. I'm just honestly sad, just flat out fucking sad (yes, I dropped an F-bomb there to emphasize how F'ing sad I am for the guys who bust their butts night in and night out - Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, etc - with no hope of getting their shot at this year's Mania.

You know who else I'm sad for? Me. In my two years as an official WWE Ambassador, I never once had to lie about my enthusiasm for the company or the product. Now, although I am no longer officially an Ambassador for WWE (believe it or not, my only official role in WWE is as GM for Saturday Morning Slam, a contract that ends in one month) I was till looking forward to being part of the biggest event of the year. I'll probably end up going anyway. But I'm about 1/6th as excited about it as I was just a few hours ago. I wanted so badly to hear 75,000 WWE fans chanting "YES" - and seeing fans walk away absolutely ecstatic about the outcome of a PPV for the first time in a while...a long while. But when given the chance to make it happen (unless they've got something MAJOR up their sleeve) WWE's answer tonight was a resounding "NO, NO, NO".