CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Brougham33

Re: CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Post by Brougham33 »

Trying to balance out my sadness that Daniel Bryan has a legit neck injury (unless we're getting worked) with my relief that we won't have to see much more of this ridiculous Kane feud.

For anyone that missed Sandow work/shooting? on the pre-show:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ud8g ... bomb_sport

zappy

Post by zappy »

i mean it's a lot better than him dressing as magneto

Req

Post by Req »

swag

F.U. MOOLAH

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

^ Hell yeah! awesome pic.

Did we just witness the death of the yes movement last night? Hes gonna have to vacate the title obviously now right? This sucks. :sad:

That fucking Alexander Rusev kick though. DAMN.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Great title reign, douche. Get HHH the strap and let Roman kick the shit out of him til Summer Slam.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

^ You're being a dick, dude. And like HHH is gonna wrestle every week in 2014? FOH w/ that shit.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

bryan will keep the title..... IF...

brie can beat steph in a match!!!

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

tehgiftofgab wrote:bryan will keep the title..... IF...

brie can show any emotion whatsoever!!!
Fixed :lol:

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Smithee wrote:^ You're being a dick, dude. And like HHH is gonna wrestle every week in 2014? FOH w/ that shit.
Summer slam is in August. Evolution vs The Shield will main event every ppv until then anyway. Let Bryan come back at summer slam and win it back.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

^ Fair enough. Would put him back over like rover.
Sylissez wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:bryan will keep the title..... IF...

brie can show any emotion whatsoever!!!
Fixed :lol:
:lol: @ both posts.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

So glad Alicia Fox is getting showcased. Her and Layla have been my favorite divas for years now, and I'm glad they now have roles they can sink their teeth into.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Why can't a WWE diva have any ass whatsoever (besides that big girl in the WM battle royal)?

Rikishi gets the stinky face for doing it funny. His sons champs. We get these bishes, not a damn thing thing. :sad:

I was at RAW live in '98 when Sable pinned Jackie and her titties popped out on a spot. It was meh. At least she had ass tho.

And at least battlemecatmeow doesnt also take a smoke break for em...

battlecatmeowstab212

Smithee wrote: And at least battlemecatmeow doesnt also take a smoke break for em...
I don't smoke, but I save my piss breaks for those moments where "we've never see this kind of aggression from Del Rio before."

I actually really like the divas' division now.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:So glad Alicia Fox is getting showcased. Her and Layla have been my favorite divas for years now, and I'm glad they now have roles they can sink their teeth into.
Agreed. It's mind boggling that they'd cast Layla as anything than a heel after her killer work in LayCool.

Someone on another board brought up an interesting point regarding NXT guys not transitioning well to WWE while having their characters tweaked. Basically they said, if you were a Raw (or Smackdown) writer, why would you want someone to come from NXT as a finished product without any of your creative input? That would tell Vince that he doesn't need as many Raw and Smackdown creative people because the characters are being fully developed in NXT. Hence people like Emma, Adam Rose, Big E and Xavier Woods, who were all over to some extent or another in NXT fizzling in WWE. Seems awful petty and vindictive. I just know if they fuck up Bo Dallas and Sami Zayn, I will be pissed.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

i honestly think some of those characters work better in a smaller room where the crowd is more open and involved. i think that environment gets them over almost as much as the booking in nxt

Req

Post by Req »

mike eagle wrote:i honestly think some of those characters work better in a smaller room where the crowd is more open and involved. i think that environment gets them over almost as much as the booking in nxt
i don't understand how the production value on Adam Rose's NXT entrance is waaaay better than his WWE entrance. Like how does that even happen...
F.U. MOOLAH

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

im not familiar with the nxt entrance. is there an a/b comparison on youtube that i could watch?
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

Req

Post by Req »

ayentee wrote:im not familiar with the nxt entrance. is there an a/b comparison on youtube that i could watch?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1filf ... ebut_sport
F.U. MOOLAH

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Sylissez wrote:I just know if they fuck up Bo Dallas, I will be pissed.
Well then you'll be pleased to know he'll be debuting on Smackdown.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

battlecat hating on Alberto? :Facepalm:

I should just quit trying and try and find an intelligent wrestling forum. :lol:

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

ayentee wrote:im not familiar with the nxt entrance. is there an a/b comparison on youtube that i could watch?
I have no idea but I think they took away his "Whooo!" hand gesture cause it's too close of a crotch-chop for TV-PG Raw. Which it really wasn't, and that's kinda fucking it up IMO.

battlecatmeowstab212

Smithee wrote:battlecat hating on Alberto? :Facepalm:

I should just quit trying and try and find an intelligent wrestling forum. :lol:
I'm hating on Alberto's "wheel of aggression" that gets spun ad-nauseum the Monday after we see him lose on PPV.

I thought he was great with Ricardo and loved his face run until Swagger getting busted for pot made they water everything severely down and kill one of the hottest angles the company's had in five years.

Once they took away the cars, the pyro and pretty much every bit of direction for the character, he's as bland as bland gets. Even his matches, when he's a clearly defined heel (be it delusional heel who doesn't know he's a heel or arrogant Mexican aristocrat) or face (the man was amazing as Dos Caras Jr. for a decade in Mexico, and his moveset translates better to fans cheering him anyway) he at least can maintain some level of interesting spots.

But pretty much from his last world title reign last year onward, we've been getting a steady stream of Michael Cole saying "We haven't seen this kind of aggression out of Del Rio before" just because Del rio won't release the arm lock because last week he lost of Kofi Kingston or Santino or Batista and they want to make sure he seems like a threat. Everything is just entirely interchangable.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

I'm a Michael Cole guy but we all know he's a fucking puppet. and I admit I don't know Alberto Del Rio in his previous AAA career or whatever, but c'mon.

"He doesn't even know he's a heel", I think him not giving a fuck is the appeal. No, he's not over, but it's a cool character. Whether they fucked it up or not. And bullshit "his matches suck"...he held a, granted, legit hurt D Bry for 10 minutes last week. The don't care thing is cool. I wish it worked, I know it won't. But enjoy your piss breaks. *drops mic*

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

feeeeeeelings

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

:lol: I always kill threads. Sorry, guys.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

its just cause you care cuz

battlecatmeowstab212

Smithee wrote:I'm a Michael Cole guy but we all know he's a fucking puppet. and I admit I don't know Alberto Del Rio in his previous AAA career or whatever, but c'mon.

"He doesn't even know he's a heel", I think him not giving a fuck is the appeal. No, he's not over, but it's a cool character. Whether they fucked it up or not. And bullshit "his matches suck"...he held a, granted, legit hurt D Bry for 10 minutes last week. The don't care thing is cool. I wish it worked, I know it won't. But enjoy your piss breaks. *drops mic*
I think you misunderstood me. The "Doesn't know he's a heel" is something I actually liked and was a clearly defined aspect of his character following his first title win in 2011 and his epic "Some days I beat Rey Mysterio just because I can" promo. He was a heel who was deluded enough to think the people were cheering for him despite his horrible deeds. It was the inverse of Kurt Angle's "Why are you booing an American hero" character from his early run.

The problem now isn't necessarily that his matches suck, they're just entirely inconsequential. Just like his promos. There's no real hook for him anymore, he's been stripped of everything interesting about him.

But, I'll bite, what is Del Rio's current character?

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

I didn't watch wrestling in 2011 minus WM and SS on internet feeds. My opinion is apparently invalid...but
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:But, I'll bite, what is Del Rio's current character?
A man filling a void. A man from Mexico who throws doper kicks than anyone and doesn't give a fuck. A man who will put people over. Not main event status at all, but in a 2014 wrestling world w/ a lack of heels we need the guy. He doesn't get much heat but who cares. Put him on the headseat in the English speaking announce table. Watch him no-sell Jerry Lawler and answer randomly in Spanish. It doesn't draw heat but it's fucking funny. /end rant.
mike eagle wrote:its just cause you care cuz
I'm a worker. :lol:

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

So I am going to NXT on Friday what should I know?

Dan

Post by Dan »

ThaJim2 wrote:So I am going to NXT on Friday what should I know?
I've never watched NXT, but I think I'll be meeting up with you there. Is it like OVW, their lower league from several years ago? I used to go to those shows when I lived in Louisville.