CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Re: CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Post by 907 »

Who's Travis Taylor? I watch NXT every week, and don't recall ever seeing him.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I don't see any way Adrian Neville doesn't excel in the flippy babyface role, especially with Evan Bourne perpetually injured. There's nobody in the world that flies like he does, except maybe Takuya Sugi/El Blazer/Yoshitsune. Neville's just so crisp. When WWE crowds see him up against Cesaro or Sami Zayn (two excellent bases for high-flyers), they'll lose their minds.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

According to Evan Bourne he's been healthy and ready to get back into the ring for a while now it's just that the writers don't have any ideas on how to bring him back in.

Sending him down to Full Sail tho ... there's an idea.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

907 wrote:Who's Travis Taylor? I watch NXT every week, and don't recall ever seeing him.
Had to have meant Tyler breeze, no?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

907 wrote:Who's Travis Taylor? I watch NXT every week, and don't recall ever seeing him.
That is his name according to the NXT website http://www.wwe.com/superstars/travistyler. He wears a pink polo and a sailors cap.
Is the hippy dude on TV? Trust me you would know who I am talking about if he is as he has the dreads and talks about the environment.
Or how about 1920s strong man?

All of my knowledge of NXT comes from this thread and the 2 live events I have gone too then going to the NXT website trying to figure out who they are. So it very well might be at the house shows they have newer cats that are not on TV yet. I do know that the one I just went to had like 3 wrestlers that had their first NXT matches and I was talking to one woman that was just signed a few weeks ago and she does not have a stage name yet and her "class" just started ring work.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

BigCat8 wrote:I don't see any way Adrian Neville doesn't excel in the flippy babyface role, especially with Evan Bourne perpetually injured. There's nobody in the world that flies like he does, except maybe Takuya Sugi/El Blazer/Yoshitsune. Neville's just so crisp. When WWE crowds see him up against Cesaro or Sami Zayn (two excellent bases for high-flyers), they'll lose their minds.
Adrian Neville was the champ I saw at NXT. I have to say I have seen his name a few times here and was kind of disappointed actually seeing him in the ring as his match was kind of boring. As for his future on the main roster he is small. Like I just looked up his bio page on NXT and they are adding at least 3 or 4 inches to his height dude is closer to 5 6 then he is to 6.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

I just started watching NXT like 2 days ago. Fucking love it. Takeover was an awesome show. Random thoughts...if anyone cares:

Not sure how long this Adam Rose thing is gonna last. Seems like a fad. I heard something like the WWE doesn't even pay for the "Exotic Express" to travel. Not trying to be a lemon but I don't see it going much farther.

Tyler Breeze has star potential. And is that really him singing on his theme song HBK style? Good shit. Lol

You were right, Blast. I think you said Sami Zayn should go to The Shield. If they want to continue that gimmick as a faction, he'd be perfect as a replacement for Rollins.

Has Rusev ever done a match in NXT before that wasn't a squash? I'm guessing no, right? I really hope he can go for more than a minute or two when they stop treating him like Goldberg.

At first I was like Flair's daughter has abs and Bret's niece is a bit flabby? WTF? But then I was like ohhh, it's Jim Neidhart's daughter. Anyway, Charlotte can't work for shit. The moonsault that missed actually looked nice, but I wasn't impressed other than that. I like Natalya (sp?) she carried the match. But God forbid push a diva with ass...

For some reason I think it's great how Flair always cries. Lol
BigCat8 wrote:Neville's just so crisp. When WWE crowds see him up against Cesaro or Sami Zayn (two excellent bases for high-flyers), they'll lose their minds.
He'll be fine. Those ears, though...

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

^yeah Flairs daughter was about the worst Diva I seen at the NXT events I went too. Is Bayley on NXT TV? She seems very over with the 2 crowds I went too with a Kid brining her a dozen roses this time.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

The hippy guy you're referring to is, I'm assuming, CJ Parker. He started off as a genuine face, but got zero reaction so they kinda tweaked him a bit into his douchey environmentalist persona. Not good in the ring.

I don't think the Shield needs to replace Rollins, but if they do, it shouldn't be Sami Zayn. I think we're looking at it from a perspective of Zayn and Rollins having similar styles, but what about their personalities/characters? I don't think Zayn fits. At the same time, I'm not sure what's really left for Zayn to do in NXT. He doesn't need to win the belt, as he's already the most over guy on the show. He can cut a great promo, work with anyone. Let him continue his feud with Cesaro on the main roster.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Sylissez wrote:I don't think the Shield needs to replace Rollins
I'm not necessarily saying that either. I think they should all go solo. If I was guest booker I'd say let Ambrose lose his belt and go nuts before turning heel and winning it back. Then let Roman go on his title run cause pretty sure it's gonna be him due to his family background and because he has "the look" :pause:

But they may keep The Shield in tact though, since D Bry is injured and they're so over. CM Punk's not coming back. Fans need somebody to pop for. I've never heard a Zayn promo but based on crowd reaction on NXT, he is obviously too. I think they chanted for him on the RAW after Mania. Same style. Just saying, it would probably be a smart move if they go that route.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Sylissez wrote:The hippy guy you're referring to is, I'm assuming, CJ Parker. He started off as a genuine face, but got zero reaction so they kinda tweaked him a bit into his douchey environmentalist persona. Not good in the ring.
Thanks yeah that is the guy. Sucks that he is bad in the ring because his gimmick is great and gets great heal heat. Easily the most of anyone in the two events I went too.

I am probably going to get the network this week in order to start watching NXT.

Post by 907 »

It's a damn shame they cut Chris Hero/Ohno, he would have been the perfect replacement for Rollins in the shield.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

ThaJim2 wrote:
Sylissez wrote:The hippy guy you're referring to is, I'm assuming, CJ Parker. He started off as a genuine face, but got zero reaction so they kinda tweaked him a bit into his douchey environmentalist persona. Not good in the ring.
Thanks yeah that is the guy. Sucks that he is bad in the ring because his gimmick is great and gets great heal heat. Easily the most of anyone in the two events I went too.

I am probably going to get the network this week in order to start watching NXT.
Parker could work in a Johnny Polo type role.

Pretty sure Ambrose already dropped the belt to Sheamus. I'm with the idea of them going solo. Can even have Ambrose and Reigns meet up later at the end of a tournament or battle royal or whatever to get a good pop.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I think the Shield as a whole needs to be over. Ambrose and Rollins can be cool with each other, but all three need different attires and music or else run the risk of being Marty Jannetty.

If they were to call up anyone from NXT to be in the SHIELD mix, Solomon Crowe (Sami Callihan) makes the most sense. His gimmick is that he's this hacker, and they could easily weave that into him being the one who would set off the Shield's music and allow them so much access and stealth in the WWE's buildings for all this time. Plus, the fact that he and Ambrose had a good three or four years together as one of the top tag teams on the indies (look-up the Switchblade Conspiracy) and you have a logical extension for the group.

All-in-all, after watching Smackdown, I'm glad they picked Rollins. Makes him standout now, and then his eventual turning on The Authority is going to get a tremendous reaction and allow him to be Jeff Hardy levels of fan favorite.

Hopefully Rollins gets to moonsalt off a fat fan too:

Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Smithee wrote:Has Rusev ever done a match in NXT before that wasn't a squash? I'm guessing no, right? I really hope he can go for more than a minute or two when they stop treating him like Goldberg.
He had a killer match with Dolph Ziggler a few months back.
Anyway, Charlotte can't work for shit. The moonsault that missed actually looked nice, but I wasn't impressed other than that.
Cannot disagree with this more.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Kalel wrote:
Smithee wrote:Anyway, Charlotte can't work for shit. The moonsault that missed actually looked nice, but I wasn't impressed other than that.
Cannot disagree with this more.
She's wack, bro. A 250 lb. Bobby Heenan could hit that Ric Flair spot off the turn-buckle 100x better. Sad.

ThaJim, your girl Bayley is from my city where Wrestlemania 31 and all that comes with it will be. Expect her to get a push by April of next year at least. She was over like rover in the match I watched on NXT. :grin:

Post by 907 »

She sucked when she started on NXT, but Charlotte is better in the ring than most main roster divas at this point.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Reports are that Bryan isn't going to be cleared for MITB, so looks like we are getting a new champion at the PPV. Please be Brock Lesnar. Bryan chasing the Beast will be great.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Charlotte started bad and is far from bad now, she's definitely good

battlecatmeowstab212

Brougham33 wrote:Reports are that Bryan isn't going to be cleared for MITB, so looks like we are getting a new champion at the PPV. Please be Brock Lesnar. Bryan chasing the Beast will be great.
I'd love it to be Rollins, and then Rollins and Triple H turn on Orton, anointing Rollins as the new face of the company.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -

Post by 907 »

Except that would lead to Orton being face, which he's never been great at.

battlecatmeowstab212

907 wrote:Except that would lead to Orton being face, which he's never been great at.
The sole exception being when he's had a reason to be an antihero. It's not quite face, but when he has people behind him (Judgment day 2008-Wrestlemania 25, the original incaration of The Viper) it's worked and this would be that same situation.

Or it gives an excuse to write him off TV for a bit. Not a whole lot he can do now anyway as the guy who lost three straight pay-per-view matches clean.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Lesnar win match for the belt and then loses it to Cesaro who wins MITB match, turning face and setting up a three way for summer slam.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

^^^^
rele life bonerz if that plays out.

zappy

Post by zappy »

907 wrote:She sucked when she started on NXT, but Charlotte is better in the ring than most main roster divas at this point.
like that takes much :roll:

zappy

Post by zappy »

blastmaster wrote:Lesnar win match for the belt and then loses it to Cesaro who wins MITB match, turning face and setting up a three way for summer slam.
why in the world would cesaro turn face?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

zappy wrote:
blastmaster wrote:Lesnar win match for the belt and then loses it to Cesaro who wins MITB match, turning face and setting up a three way for summer slam.
You think he is over as a heel? People obviously want to cheer for him.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Ambrose was golden last night, and apparently turning heel made Seth Rollins good on the mic.

I get why it happened, but I never want to see Cena teamed up with Reigns/Ambrose again.

So are they not going to have a MITB briefcase match?

Luke Harper will be a star and props to Sandow for committing to the bullshit they've been giving him.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

seth rollins promo with cole was exceptional last night...didn't know he was that good on the mic

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

zappy wrote:
its obvious cesaro should have turned face when he broke away from the real americans, horrible horrible booking to keep him heel