New Fall 2014 TV Shows

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

alpha

Re: New Fall 2014 TV Shows

Post by alpha »

It's the tyler perry phenomenon

Dan

Post by Dan »

LilLeftBrain wrote:never did check that tambor amazon pilot but will surely marathon the season at some point in time
I just watched the pilot and second episodes. They obviously weren't filmed back-to-back. The second episode picks up immediately from where the pilot ended, but there's a completely different actor in the opening scene. Aside from that, I think the show is really good.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Dan wrote:It looks like Black-ish is going to be the biggest hit of the new season. I would've never expected that, but it got great ratings and positive reviews. I didn't watch it and really have no desire to. Was it as great as people are saying?
damn't, hopefully fishburne can continue on with Hannibal even with the success of Black-ish

the pilot was pretty good, the 2nd episode was hot garbage
UBM CD COMING SOON

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

How to get away with Murder was very good. Shonda Rhimes is writing the best anti Heros but they are black females so will not get jocked like Walter White.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Mulaney was awful.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Definitely want Gotham to be better than it is. I think the acting is fine and visually the show is quite stunning. Some of these story arcs are absolutely terrible though and make no sense, and even more obvious is the fact that, from what it appears, the producers can't agree as to what fictional time period this world takes place in (the fbi agents for example look and act like they're out of a cbs crime drama or something, just infuriating). A lot of these errors this early on make me very skeptical as to how long this show has to go.

I do however LOVE what they've been doing with the Penguin character. Probably the one thing keeping my interest in tact every week.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Agreed the two eps I've seen, penguin is the lone highlight

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

wait 'til you see the ballooooooooooonman!
moved by duck muscles

Dan

Post by Dan »

A lot of these shows have reached their 3rd episodes, usually the point where people decide if they're going to continue watching or bail on them. Anything thread worthy yet?

I've watched Scorpion (predictable procedural), Stalker (created by Kevin Williamson, who created Scream, which this show felt like, and he also created The Following, which he copied the same opening credits graphics from), and Transparent, which I think is great (only 3 episodes in so far). Still have Gracepoint downloaded, but then, I also have the full season of Broadchurch, which I haven't watched either. Debating on which I should go with first.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Yeah I feel like I should watch broadchurch first.
And no I feel no reason to finish the 3rd ep of Gotham which is the only new show I've watched. What a shittt year for new shows

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Bout to watch this premier of the Flash.

alpha

Post by alpha »

halfway through Broadchurch. solid. better than the killing(that's not sayin much) but nowhere near the level of fargo and true detective.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Last night's Gotham was actually an improvement. Paced really well. The comic book elements came out a lot more with this week's villain. Robin Taylor as Penguin continues to be interesting, and they had a nice scene with Edward Nygma who continues to be slightly underused but I hope that changes soon if the series continues.