The Official Star Wars Episode VII Thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: The Official Star Wars Episode VII Thread

Post by capable_keL »

it's not a sword, it's a saber. Everyone needs to see more than a few seconds of action before we start condemning the entire discography.

no way a minor saber modification can be compared to jar jar.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

hustler wrote:
ChaMerZ wrote:
hustler wrote:the only thing im worried about is that there wont be a strong white alpha male lead for me to relate to/dress up as for halloween. so far it looks like the main characters are gona be a chick jedi (probably the lovechild of han and leia) and some black dude. like, my dude doesnt need to be a jedi, he just needs to be a badass with swag, the new han solo for our generation.
85-90% of all Hollywood movies and big-budget games have a strong white alpha male lead. I for one am glad that Boyega is going to be one of the leads. Also, Boyega is merely an actor who happens to have darker skin coloring. His race will not influence the story in any significant way. This reminds me of Star Trek DS9. For the most part, folks were okay with having a black commander. However, everytime black issues were discussed in an episode (& these happened to be my favorite episodes in the entire show), mofos would throw a fit.
i have no problem with their being a black main character, and i take offense to what you're insinuating. all i said was that im gona need a white alpha male character (it can be a good guy or a bad guy, or an anti-hero). star wars universe has ALWAYS had strong white male leads for me to relate to: han solo, vader, obi wan kenobi, qui gon gin, dash rendar (#getfamiliar), even luke to an extent but hes kindof a bitchass. when i watch the films i like to imagine myself as these characters, and immerse myself in the experience. furthermore, i enjoy dressing up for halloween as these guys, and also sometimes for sexual roleplay in the bedroom. so it effects my life in other areas, not just my viewing enjoyment.

as per your other point regarding not enough black male leads, I think its a very slippery slope my friend. nick fury is white in the comics, but they have samuel L jackson playing him (i know i know, theres a black nick fury that is his son and its all a bit convoluted, so i guess il give them a pass for this) BUT hercules has never been black in ANY mythology, yet they have dwayne the rock johnson playing him?! smfh. i am fine with black leads, but i am absolutely NOT OK when the source material is changed in order to incorporate a black lead. hercules shoulda been played by khal drogo #REALTALK.
Seriously? You had a problem with Dwayne Johnson?

Also, I never mentioned anything about there 'not being enough black leads' in Hollywood. I was simply throwing out a stat. Regarding the 'slippery slope' you mentioned, it's motivated less by ethics and more by $$$$. If this was a future where a catastrophic disaster had turned all of mankind green, you best believe the source material would change to reflect this.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

in a galaxy far far away there is no black or white people. You are either a believer in the light and the force or you give into hate and suffering; your eyes can deceive you, don't ever trust them

hustler

Post by hustler »

capable_keL wrote:in a galaxy far far away there is no black or white people. You are either a believer in the light and the force or you give into hate and suffering; your eyes can deceive you, don't ever trust them
if you had force powers, would you remain virtuous and use your powers only for good, or would you succumb to the temptations of the dark side? fuck the bullshit, fuck the fake shit, lets get real here. anyone who says they wouldn't go to the dark side is a fucking liar.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

pretty good question. i'd like to think i would take the Aniken path. I would start off as the young prodigy who is too good for his own religion forcing himself into the darkside but at the end I would follow the light and do the right thing.

there are several variables to consider tho

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Cash Rulz wrote:Why just because the Death Star got blown up, again, that the Empire is done. The structure was still in place and I'm sure there were others waiting to rule. Plus its not like they got rid of all those big ass triangle ships.
Yeah I agree. I imagine the Empire would have had a "back to the drawing board" type of moment after Return of the Jedi then regrouped and came back strong. An entity like The Empire doesn't just close up shop after a defeat.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

hustler wrote:
capable_keL wrote:in a galaxy far far away there is no black or white people. You are either a believer in the light and the force or you give into hate and suffering; your eyes can deceive you, don't ever trust them
if you had force powers, would you remain virtuous and use your powers only for good, or would you succumb to the temptations of the dark side? fuck the bullshit, fuck the fake shit, lets get real here. anyone who says they wouldn't go to the dark side is a fucking liar.
I'd teeter that line back and forth I'd imagine. Using the powers for good or bad depending on the situation.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

none of us have had Jedi training so it's an impossible question to answer.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Really hoping for big ass triangle ships.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Pizza slice ships are cool Kel, but we want to see Eclipse Class Dreadnoughts ram a planet (meatwise).

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

dope

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

looks okay
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wheels

Post by wheels »

Back away from the thread

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

seagrams hotsauce wrote:
:rofl:

Crappy Pants

Post by Crappy Pants »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

:fail: this fool went Jar Jar :bunk:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seagrams hotsauce

Character names:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/11/s ... ter-names/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

guess that isn't Luke but
Kylo Ren

seagrams hotsauce

Why would you think that's luke? It'd be pretty retarded if they turned him heel.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Of course it's not Luke. They made a trilogy of films having Luke be tempted by and overcoming the dark side. They're not going to make him a Sith in this film. In fact, if they do any nonsense where he's being tempted by the dark side I'm going to be severely disappointed.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

There was a rumor that the plot of the movie is the young guns looking for Luke who has been a recluse struggling with the force vs darkside balance intensely.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Black dude must have been adopted by Irish family.

alpha

Post by alpha »

blastmaster wrote:There was a rumor that the plot of the movie is the young guns looking for Luke who has been a recluse struggling with the force vs darkside balance intensely.
Fucking this! That's why I put in spoilers.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

blastmaster wrote:There was a rumor that the plot of the movie is the young guns looking for Luke who has been a recluse struggling with the force vs darkside balance intensely.
this shit should be spoilered mon ami
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seagrams hotsauce

:lol: at crying 'spoiler alert' rumors that would clearly never pan out. Shit, spoilering just about anything at this point is kind of retarded, considering the first flick is still more than a year out.

alpha

Post by alpha »

It's not really that far fetched if Luke is the most powerful Jedi ever. And struggling with the dark side kind of runs in the family.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

It would be so tired if that's the case. We've had six movies of that now, can we just make Luke secure in his goodness for once while he focuses on the new Sith emergence and Empire remnants?
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]