Terrence Malick's next two films

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

Terrence Malick's next two films

Post by Truth. »

"Lawless" and "Knight of Cups"
"Lawless" stars Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara, while Bale and Blanchett will topline "Knight of Cups"; both titles will be shopped at the American Film Market by FilmNation.

Terrence Malick has assembled all-star casts for his next two films, which he'll shoot back to back in 2012: Lawless and Knight of Cups. Glen Basner's FilmNation will launch both projects to foreign buyers at the American Film Market, which gets underway Wednesday in Santa Monica.
Ryan Gosling will stake a starring role in Lawless, while the supporting cast includes Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara and Haley Bennett.
Bale will take the lead in Knight of Cups, which also stars Blanchett and Isabel Lucas.
Malick is in pre-production on both films, but is keeping mum as to the plots of each.
Sarah Green and Nicolas Gonda, Malick's longtime producers, are reteaming with the filmmaker on Lawless and Knight of Cups. FilmNation, which handled foreign sales on Malick's The Tree of Life, will represent international rights, while CAA is representing domestic rights.
"FilmNation couldn't be happier to continue to act as Terrence's international sales agency. Terrence is a brilliant filmmaker and an enormous drw for talent and filmmakers alike. We look forward to robust sales at AFM on both of these films," Basner said.
FilmNation is virtually sold out of Malick's currently untitled film starring Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Javier Bardem and Rachel Weisz. That movie is in post-production.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

lol, it will take him roughly 43 years to make both of those

might as well just hand one of them over to trademark, after that mcrib dry run he's obviously up to the task
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Where's my Genghis khan epic?????!?!!?

KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN
UBM CD COMING SOON

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

lawless cast sounds swaggy

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Where is the love movie with Affleck?

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

nevermind I see in the last sentenc.e...

citizen

Post by citizen »

3 malick movies in the works, the internet will explode

i dont understand the last part, how do you sell out of a movie thats not even finished?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

citizen wrote:3 malick movies in the works, the internet will explode

i dont understand the last part, how do you sell out of a movie thats not even finished?
They are talking about distrubtors in foreign markets.

citizen

Post by citizen »

ThaJim2 wrote:

yes i get that, do they just mean everyone wants to buy it? do they only produce x amount of film to distribute

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

citizen wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:

yes i get that, do they just mean everyone wants to buy it? do they only produce x amount of film to distribute
My guess is they are talking about foreign pre-sale rights. That's a way to finance a movie, particularly for art-house directors.

Once you sell the distribution rights for France to Film Plus, for example, then you have "sold out France", because once you sell the distribution rights to a region, you obviously can't sell them again; The foreign company is paying for exclusivity. So as you sell out all possible regions you reach the point where the film can't be sold any more, hence "sold out".

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

The Ivy League Nigga wrote:
citizen wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:

My guess is they are talking about foreign pre-sale rights. That's a way to finance a movie, particularly for art-house directors.

Once you sell the distribution rights for France to Film Plus, for example, then you have "sold out France", because once you sell the distribution rights to a region, you obviously can't sell them again; The foreign company is paying for exclusivity. So as you sell out all possible regions you reach the point where the film can't be sold any more, hence "sold out".
This. There is a possiblity depending on the market etc etc that France has 2 tiers or 3 tiers of rights they can sell also. They can sell the theatrical run. They can sell DVD and PPV rights and they can sell TV rights. But still the basic principle that they want into x markets and are getting very close to selling x amount of rights away.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Lawless is no longer the title since Malick gave the title to John Hillcoat for his new movie but here is the synopsis
"Two intersecting love triangles. Sexual obsession and betrayal set against the music scene in Austin, Texas."

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

is he gonna edit these flicks to be super self-indulgent and aware of itself and contrived and abstract for the sake of being abstract?

can i look forward to two hours of filmed christian bale ending up as fifteen minutes of bale aimlessly walking on a beach?

if so, im all in
Nets 2022

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Cysed.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

lol fuck dude might die before the first one drops.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Got The New World for $8 and watched it a couple weeks ago. Kind of bonerizing in blu-ray.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

No doubt, The New World is as pretty as it gets.

Fuck any Malick hate, dude's a living legend.

citizen

Post by citizen »

Truth. wrote:Lawless is no longer the title since Malick gave the title to John Hillcoat for his new movie but here is the synopsis
"Two intersecting love triangles. Sexual obsession and betrayal set against the music scene in Austin, Texas."
:bow:

citizen

Re: Terrence Malick's next two films

Post by citizen »

trailer for to the wonder, whoa.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Dude that looks great. Hoping that its more of the unexpectedly dark half of that trailer than the cheery second half though.
Lubezki shot it too, going to look amazing.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

awesome

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

had to watch it a few times in a row. looks to contain a lot of the same elements as the tree of life
not necessarily a bad thing imo. i think a womanizing celebrity finding himself & searching for meaning after years of emptiness can make itself into a great movie

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

The only thing I hate more than Terrence Malick films is hearing about Terrence Malick films.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Looks stunning as always.

I've never been a huge fan of Malick's storytelling, but his movies really are something to behold.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

he needs to chill out for another decade before I'm ready for more whispery voiceover bullshit. looks busted