Game Of Thrones S5

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Game Of Thrones S5

Post by Philaflava »

in the previews didn't it show ol man dead as fuck?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Didn't it feel like the Unsullied should've done better in this situation? It was like 1:2 of the deadliest warriors in the worlds vs a bunch of dudes who are basically armed civilians, and they got slaughtered. Grey Worm was the only one really making a dent.

Also, the scene in the desert with Oberyn's daughters was the most painfully awkward piece of exposition ever.

Feels like the show is slipping tbh.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

drizzle wrote:Also, the scene in the desert with Oberyn's daughters was the most painfully awkward piece of exposition ever.
:lol: THANK YOU. Man oh man. I was alright until Oberah had to give that speech/throw the spear.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Cool piece from Sepinwall about the show's map intro

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watchi ... e-story-is" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

So did they indirectly, confirm r+l=j ?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

drizzle wrote:Didn't it feel like the Unsullied should've done better in this situation? It was like 1:2 of the deadliest warriors in the worlds vs a bunch of dudes who are basically armed civilians, and they got slaughtered. Grey Worm was the only one really making a dent.
Yeah I mean a few episodes ago they were forming ranks and shit protecting khaleesi then all of a sudden they forget all their training?

I think grey worm survives but sir old dude definitely dead as fuck.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

that fight also did a great job of showing how stupid of a weapon a fucking long spear is, especially when patrolling tight quarters.

TeenageMoustache

Post by TeenageMoustache »

Well if there's one thing we've learned throughout history, insurgencies never beat superior fighting forces.

Apart from Oberyn's clan, it was a great episode. Sir Friendzone at his friendzoniest too. Welcome back.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

drizzle wrote:Idk I don't see them killing off both. The show is pretty definitive with showing death too, when somebody dies you know it for a fact. They made a point of showing Grey Worm saving Barristan, so Barristan at least will live I think.
I read that scene completely the opposite - Grey Worm crawls over to him, but Barristan has no signs of life in the last shot, whereas GW does. I'm gonna guess that if anyone lives it's gonna be follow the 'if they're not 100% dead on-screen they're not 100% dead' rule and GW will be back.
Either way,
Barristan is most definitely not coming back.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/01/se ... ad-thrones" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also lol at a race of slaves who are castrated in the name of being the most intense warriors on the planet getting run over by a bunch of scrubs in Eyes Wide Shut masks
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

alpha

Post by alpha »

Why would you put that in spoilers? Just sayin, dude is dead.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

People are mad sensitive re: spoilers up in here and I figured if there was still speculation, better safe than sorry.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

i figure they both got merked. now it's just khaleesi & bae.
Tommy Bunz wrote:that fight also did a great job of showing how stupid of a weapon a fucking long spear is, especially when patrolling tight quarters.
yeah exactly. dude sticks one masked pervert with his spear only to get immediately shanked by another.

so as all this went down i was forgetting about bae and figured khaleesi would have to fall back on the dragons. it's time for her to stop acting soft and go full blown terrorizer. thought that's what we were in for soon as all those masters got crucified. which reminds me who the fuck are these masked pixie fucks? shouldn't all the masters be dead?

tyrion's instant deconstruction of jorah was :rofl: . khaleesi needs a new crew & they got the chops.

so damn i knew flower knight was gonna get got soon as his first scene from this season but hard to see him go without a fight. i wanted him to pick that sword back up and slice up a couple monks. who is that one monk we're sposed to know about? lannister right?

imo cersei is the ultimate HBIC. dunno if she can play out lilfinger so easily but she's now got religious fanatics, a zombie giant, and soon to have her daughter back to create another generation of incest. only wrench is if the weirdo christians turn on her.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

The Afronaut wrote:
drizzle wrote:Also, the scene in the desert with Oberyn's daughters was the most painfully awkward piece of exposition ever.
:lol: THANK YOU. Man oh man. I was alright until Oberah had to give that speech/throw the spear.
maybe i'm just hella sprung on sexy dike biches but i thought that scene was sick
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote: imo cersei is the ultimate HBIC.
nah she's fucking up big time, just reflexively acting out because she's threatened by Marge and there's nobody left to reign her in. arming the religious fanatics who don't respect the crown is a terrible idea, as is brushing off/alienating key alies, fucking with the people who hold all the money when you're broke and generally worrying more about petty shit than the fact that your power is based on a very flimsy foundation. she was gawd body in the earlier seasons, but the toll of everything that happened drained and warped her.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

the way i see it she successfully fought back from total irrelevance. couple eps ago marjorie could clown her in front of the girls. now she runs shit at least for the time being.

i think the sparrows will get out of hand. "abomination" etc. i think they're gonna turn on the lannisters. that lannister dude who got jumped in might even be the one to off them.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

this show has jumped the shark.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Guun

Post by Guun »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:this show has jumped the shark.
There are no sharks in Dorne.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Guun wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:this show has jumped the shark.
There are no sharks in Dorne.
slow clap

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Tweak stays being the guy to say things have jumped the shark. Always gotta be first ass dude.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote: imo cersei is the ultimate HBIC.

nah...
[b]48 Laws Of Power[/b] wrote: Law 18

Do Not Build Fortresses to Protect Yourself – Isolation is Dangerous

The world is dangerous and enemies are everywhere – everyone has to protect themselves. A fortress seems the safest. But isolation exposes you to more dangers than it protects you from – it cuts you off from valuable information, it makes you conspicuous and an easy target. Better to circulate among people find allies, mingle. You are shielded from your enemies by the crowd.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:i figure they both got merked. now it's just khaleesi & bae.
agreed, with both of their deaths she will now be forced to listen to bae and reopen the gladiator pits to appease the masses.

also, the show is better than ever #nosharksindorne

alpha

Post by alpha »

I think grey worm survives

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Not to throw spoilers but , in the preview of the series the show grey worm getting intimate khaleesi's black friend. That hasn't happened yet so I'm assuming he pulls through...and finger bangs the shit out of her.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Blockhead wrote:Not to throw spoilers but , in the preview of the series the show grey worm getting intimate khaleesi's black friend. That hasn't happened yet so I'm assuming he pulls through...and finger bangs the shit out of her.
How can drizzle believe that Grayworm dies but the old ass white breh somehow survives?
That's some Hayzoos level retardation.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Post by 907 »

Sucked to see Barristan go out like such a bitch. I know he was old as fuck and armorless, but both Jamie and Ned (plus others, I can't remember who) said he was the GOAT swordsman of Westeros. Even the way he talked shit and bounced when they relived him of Kingsguard duty was dope.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

CheezPizza

Post by CheezPizza »

this thought came to mind the other day...and let me know if this has already been suggested...but when the old leader of The Children dude told Bran he'll be able to fly......dragons????
Rule number one: Keep your fazers on stun

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yes its been talked about as an idea a lot. Also the current tree worg motherfucker has been using a 3-eyed raven, so he could just be referring to birds too.
Regardless, Bron isn't even going to be in this season at all, they've shelved that entire storyline this year.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

907 wrote:Sucked to see Barristan go out like such a bitch. I know he was old as fuck and armorless, but both Jamie and Ned (plus others, I can't remember who) said he was the GOAT swordsman of Westeros. Even the way he talked shit and bounced when they relived him of Kingsguard duty was dope.
i was kinda sick of him tbh. wack version of jorah mormont with no sex drive just there to stand in while he orbits around the edge of the friendzone.

prediction: khaleesi's new crew=bae, jorah, tyrion & they run shit
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Blockhead wrote:Not to throw spoilers but , in the preview of the series the show grey worm getting intimate khaleesi's black friend. That hasn't happened yet so I'm assuming he pulls through...and finger bangs the shit out of her.
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
How can drizzle believe that Grayworm dies but the old ass white breh somehow survives?
That's some Hayzoos level retardation.

Lol I def read that scene wrong but in my defense the staging is all fucked up. When a show, any show, makes a point of showing a character being saved from the final definitive kill move, it usually means they're supposed to live.