Game Of Thrones S5

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: Game Of Thrones S5

Post by drizzle »

the plot is uneven because they're trying to condense and streamline 2000 pages while also making shit up out of the blue. so instead of events being built up carefully and unfolding logically as they have before, you now have random plot developments popping up suddenly with no groundwork for them, while others are being rushed just to get them over with because they serve some larger point. hence, boring and too fast at once.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Post by 907 »

Bron/Sand titties was pretty much the only worthwhile scene set in Dorne so far. I just would have liked to see more of Jamie & Bron, sneaking and fighting and bro'ing out on the way there. It would also help to establish that more than 20 people live in Dorne, which we haven't seen any evidence of so far.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

drizzle wrote:the plot is uneven because they're trying to condense and streamline 2000 pages while also making shit up out of the blue. so instead of events being built up carefully and unfolding logically as they have before, you now have random plot developments popping up suddenly with no groundwork for them, while others are being rushed just to get them over with because they serve some larger point. hence, boring and too fast at once.

I get how this applies to the show right now overall but I thought malek was referring to the Dorne stuff as such specifically. I don't think it's 'boring' (though it's not that interesting) in the sense that it drags, since there's been like fifteen minutes involving the whole thing in seven episodes, it just seems completely aimless. After seeing Arya and the Hounds buddy cop adventures last season I was hoping that they'd be able to turn it around once J&B security came back into focus, but whoops nope here's a couple sloppy fight scenes and some fine ass tittays.

This isn't the only thing that's really bad about this season but it's the most glaringly obvious. I had been kinda iffy on some of the writing last season and it's like all of the slight cracks in the veneer I was content to look past have split wide open this season. The writing just fuckin sucks now
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Dorne stuff was adapted exactly like I'm describing, it's actually the worst offender maybe. They needed to introduce the location and make some shit happen there, but didn't have the luxury of time or resources or even fan interest in properly meeting/learning about a handful of new characters. And it's not really even that good in the book either. So they changed shit around, obliterated all nuance and world building and had 2 popular characters rush through it all with next to no logic in each step. Presumably there is some narrative goal that will be accomplished by all this but I can't even be spoilery here bc I have no idea wtf they're actually trying to do. The idea is likely for Jaime to meet Doran and something will come from that but who the fuck knows what.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

"gimme a hand" fight scene was cool imo.

am i the only one rooting for the little white girl to marry her latin prince? shit will be heartbreaking if they gank her & make her fuck tomlin.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

seagrams hotsauce

Driz, as a reader any chance you think all of this messiness could end up being worth it to set up next season? The show will have caught up to the books by the end of this season, right? From what I've read in interviews the showrunners have been told the key plot points in the next two books by GRRM and the divergence from the books recently makes me wonder if they actually expect the next book to be out before they start shooting season 6. I'm wondering if they're doing all this weird shit to give themselves some room to make something that might be only based on those key points if the book isn't out by then.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:i think he's not gonna do it, thereby causing him to lose the battle. then red witch bounces on him.
Even if he did it, dude doesnt have the assets to make it all the way to the throne.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

drizzle wrote:I think they were either trying to imply that the Sand Snakes have some plan involving Bronn (idk wtf it could be though)
i thought the same thing, that perhaps they had gained some sort of control over him. like maybe he needs even more antidote to remain alive or something.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

I think it's a good old fashioned honeydicking
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

seagrams hotsauce wrote:Driz, as a reader any chance you think i could slob your knob
1. Nas
2. Drake

seagrams hotsauce

so what if i did, it's 2015 head is head drop the judgement you cispriv scumlord

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

all sinners shall be judged equally
1. Nas
2. Drake

seagrams hotsauce

:ohhh:

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

EDM not gay anymore? born again?

seagrams hotsauce

xe's just playing hard to get

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

SMH thread is now about my dick. nice job, seamen's cocksauce

back on topic:
Ramen wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:i think he's not gonna do it, thereby causing him to lose the battle. then red witch bounces on him.
Even if he did it, dude doesnt have the assets to make it all the way to the throne.
i don't think he's gonna make it so this is needless speculation but i think holding winterfell could put him back on track

imo his fatal flaw will be that he loves his daughter, so he isn't prepared to sacrifice her for victory
1. Nas
2. Drake

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I mean dude has no friends and no kids to marry into other families. Shit just ain't sustainable.

Post by 907 »

He'll have a whole North full of friends when/if he takes Winterfell and becomes Warden.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Post by 907 »

I'm pretty sure the name Baratheon still rings bells in the North regardless.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

seagrams hotsauce wrote:'tell me im the baddest bitch or i'll let you die' is nuanced? what?
:lol:

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

word to 907 once he bops the boltons the north is behind him. Also known as ally to the starks. But ramen makes a good point about heirs. That lil girl is the only next gen barantheon (wait robert's bastard is still alive? I think so). Btw i read something recently that the barantheons are outsiders to westeros who came in around the same time as the targaryans, they might even have a lil targaryan in em.
The Afronaut wrote:
seagrams hotsauce wrote:'tell me im the baddest bitch or i'll let you die' is nuanced? what?
:lol:
-bron sings paternalistic (yet delightful) song seemingly destined to elicit a negative reaction from strong independent women like the sand snakes
-bich surprises us all by clapping
-the others start testing bron's cahones
-bron keeps his chill, talks about banging biches
-ay what about me im fly
-nah u aint shit
( o ) ( o )
-what about now
- :ohsh:
-beg for your life

i wouldn't expect a couple a basic bros to pick up on the tension between exploiting traditional gender roles and beating men at their own game as alternate paths to female empowerment. You probably started drooling at the sight of areolas.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Malek really carrying the torch for Hustler in this thread.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

My dude Bobby B's name was good in the north. Stannis? Nah.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Also look at Rob Stark, dude thought he had all the support in the north and didn't even get close to kings landing.

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

Guys, I googled Rob Stork.
There weren't any photos. I'll let you guys know if they eventually show up.
Buy my mixtape.

binary

Post by binary »

I'm utterly baffled at how bad this show has become. I couldn't even watch parts of this week's shit episode because it was so goddamn weak. Last season was one of the most badass seasons of any tv show I've seen, and this is just an epic fall off. And fucking Reek man, just despicable; knew he was gonna fail again, but at this point it's just stupid, fuck it.

Guun

Post by Guun »

Eh. there's some rushed storylines/sloppy tv writing but the show isn't bad by any means. Everyone's overreacting. In every other season, the last 2-3 episodes were the payoff (aside from Joff dying early last season). Let's talk about how shitty the season was after Ep 10 airs.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah agreed 100%.
We're so used to great tv at this point that motherfuckers feel its their right to bitch about every single little detail that isn't going the way they want it to.
Not to be on some Alaska/Lost shit, but at this point, after 4 mostly perfect seasons, its time people show a little respect/faith in the people running this shit, they've earned it.
A weak GoT episode is still better than pretty much anything else on television.

seagrams hotsauce

Tommy Bunz wrote:4 mostly perfect seasons, its time people show a little respect/faith in the people running this shit, they've earned it.
I feel like the complete opposite of this is true. They did a good job adapting the source material, and whenever they stray from it the show suffers noticeably. It's not Walking Dead bad, but the decline has been pretty sharp this season and considering how good the show was before, the contrast makes it look that much worse.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Great episode last week and the season has been fun. Sure the writing has tailed off some but there's no need to start gaying up the thread.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?