Game Of Thrones S5

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

alpha

Re: Game Of Thrones S5

Post by alpha »

seagrams hotsauce wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:4 mostly perfect seasons, its time people show a little respect/faith in the people running this shit, they've earned it.
I feel like the complete opposite of this is true. They did a good job adapting the source material, and whenever they stray from it the show suffers noticeably. It's not Walking Dead bad, but the decline has been pretty sharp this season and considering how good the show was before, the contrast makes it look that much worse.
I wouldn't go that extreme, but I think this is the right line of thought.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

The white walker "come at me bro " moment at the end is gonna get meme'd like whoa.
Crazy fight scene.Kinda confusing knowing who was who , as the wildlings look like homeless people and the white walkers looks like skinny homeless people.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

giant got that ill switch hitting stance

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Also, white walkers are like cats or some shit? They can't swim? i thought homeboy was gonna freeze the waters but I guess that would be to powerful.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Blockhead wrote:The white walker "come at me bro " moment at the end is gonna get meme'd like whoa.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought the EXACT same thing.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

that whole ep was dope as fuck. You whinners are on your own if you didn't like that shit.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dilla7

Post by dilla7 »

episode was great to me

Post by 907 »

Yeah, that fucking ruled. Anyone still saying this show fell off after that can eat dicks. Like, what the fuck more do you want?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Blockhead wrote:Also, white walkers are like cats or some shit? They can't swim? i thought homeboy was gonna freeze the waters but I guess that would be to powerful.
probably could have froze the water, but was like i'm a let you live right now but watch me raise the dead real quick.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

World War G...(oT)

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

The Afronaut wrote:
Blockhead wrote:The white walker "come at me bro " moment at the end is gonna get meme'd like whoa.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought the EXACT same thing.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

not sure if this is a dumb question, but is the implication that valyrian steel has dragon glass in it or that valyrian steel can kill white walkers in addition to dragon glass?

last night's episode was probably the best of the season. the scenes with tyrion and khaleesi were great and that last ten/fifteen minutes was epic

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

samdoom wrote:the scenes with tyrion and khaleesi were great
Agreed. Obviously overshadowed by the end of the ep, but their scenes were great. Tyrion's presence could reinvigorate that storyline.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

samdoom wrote:not sure if this is a dumb question, but is the implication that valyrian steel has dragon glass in it or that valyrian steel can kill white walkers in addition to dragon glass?

last night's episode was probably the best of the season. the scenes with tyrion and khaleesi were great and that last ten/fifteen minutes was epic
could also be that the snowman cometh.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

I believe the valyrian steel thing might have something to do with dragon glass.

If I remember correctly the valyrians faced the white walkers before and their weapons worked against them. My memory is hazy.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

fucked up that the only other known thing that can kill white walkers is valaryian steel, which is more rare than dragon glass.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Ramen wrote:fucked up that the only other known thing that can kill white walkers is valaryian steel, which is more rare than dragon glass.
According to the books, 227 known weapons made of Valyrian steel were once in Westeros alone. Some of these weapons have gone missing, but most major and many lesser houses do have one weapon made of the material.

Versive

Post by Versive »

When they first introduced the white walkers, I thought to myself, "Is this going to get unbearably corny?" My concerns were mostly assuaged each subsequent time the walkers popped up. Last night, there was a moment when I was like, "Fuck this is Walking Dead, which I stopped watching." But as it went on I came to think last night's might've been one of the better episode of the series. Very excited to see how/when/if this story intersects with the Khaleesi/Dragon shit, and to see how the one Stark kid currently fucking with the tree people returns to the plot.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Not to nitpick, but the white walker army looked a little better than the Army or darkness army. A little.
also, Cosign what versive said about the Walking dead. i had the same thought.
Great ep though.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Yohan wrote:
Ramen wrote:fucked up that the only other known thing that can kill white walkers is valaryian steel, which is more rare than dragon glass.
According to the books, 227 known weapons made of Valyrian steel were once in Westeros alone. Some of these weapons have gone missing, but most major and many lesser houses do have one weapon made of the material.
Isn't there only like 10 weapons that are confirmed to currently exist tho.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

907 wrote:Yeah, that fucking ruled. Anyone still saying this show fell off after that can eat dicks. Like, what the fuck more do you want?

I don't think the show has fallen off, but I also wasn't that impressed with the battle.
I loved the giant, but all that other cgi shit has been done so many times that it doesn't faze me anymore.

What made Blackwater such as great battle was that the characters on each side were so well defined.
Nameless hordes of zombies (and wildlings, in The Wall battle last year), are eye candy, not actual antagonists that you'll find interest in. Unless the Ice King starts talking, he's not on the level of any of the current villains.

Sucks that Steve Irwin's daughter had such a short run. She looked like she could handle her own, but those zombie kids aint nothing to fuck with.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Great episode. First entertaining one of this season. Hopefully the momentum continues.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Are you faggots finally satisfied now?
Great episode. Seeing the zombie horde in action was pretty awesome, they looked much more menacing this time then when they attacked Bron.
The wildling chick must've had one of the best 15 minute character arcs in the series so far.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Yea sorry I'm satisfied by being entertained. Not "trusting" that a boring ass plodding season would hopefully pick up. Pick up, motherfuckers. I don't owe you shit to sit through those first 7 terrible episodes and not complain. Suck a dick. Yea I'm satisfied now. For now.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

The Lord of Bones getting completely fucking washed was awesome too.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Tommy Bunz wrote:The wildling chick must've had one of the best 15 minute character arcs in the series so far.
:lol:
True, but how many 15 min story arcs have we seen in the series thus far?

I was pissed she died so quickly. Her 15 mins >>>> than the all 3 sand snakes combined for a whole season. And for the record, taking tits into account would be apples and oranges.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Great episode and all that stuff but did everyone love the white walkers? Was anybody disappointed they were defeated by 4 feet of water? Anyone reminded of the walking dead a little?

I can buy dragons, smoke dragons, and fire walkers but these guys are hard to believe
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

My interpretation of the last scene is that darth white walker was just flexing on the snowman. Basically I'll let you run but you can't hide.

I mean, dude doubled maybe tripled his army in last night's episode.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

See, that's what I'm struggling with: if a white walker bites you then you too become a white walker. Its very convienent and familiar. I'll run it back again and see if I can get in the spirit
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

If you die you become a wight, the show hasn't said how one becomes a white walker.

bites don't mean shit, the giant was getting bit by the wights.