Dave chappelle hannibal buress on tour

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

BARRY LURKIN

Re: Dave chappelle hannibal buress on tour

Post by BARRY LURKIN »

FAN O BURESS BUT IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT JIM JEFFERIES IS FUCKING HORRID WE NEED TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE ABOUT THIS.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Employee wrote:
Blockhead wrote:
Employee wrote:
Blockhead wrote:So one clip and pic? Yeah. you got his entire steeze as a comedian definitely locked down there. Atheism and hating white people. Nothing more.
and, come on, burritos are both delicious and real.
Read my post; you are half-a-tard, player.
Well, as a guy who's actually watched and listened to his full shows, it never jumped out at me as his shtick..cause it simply isn't. Pull all the clips you want to disprove me but it does't make you right. Just reactionary.
David cross, bill maher, bill hicks, Jim Jeffries (who is also on this same tour)...now THOSE guys really went/go hard at religion on a regular basis. They pride themselves on it. Burress is simply not that aggressive type of comedian. Funny or not, he's pretty lighthearted in general.
You're more emotionally invested in him than a husband, guy.

He's not funny and his shtick is safe and lame and played out. I'm sure I totally don't get his laid back, nuanced kilter. He's like that terrible dude Chris Rock put on who has a show on FX that is never funny and is actually worse than Russel Brand's show (which is a new, steaming pile of shit every week). And, yes, he is known for his atheist leanings. I suppose being the BuzzFeed-in-Comedian form is what is provocative today. Hopefully he'll make a daring croissant joke in his next set.
Good grief, bro.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

blastmaster wrote:Who was that shitty long haired frat comic who died of a heroin overdose and talked all slow and monotone? Buress remind me of him only less funny and with odd future references. Y'all can keep him.
Mitch Hedberg.
I'm not his biggest fan but he's pretty revered by most comedy nerds. Also, he was a one liner guy like Steven wright.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

And for the record it was a speed ball, not just heroin.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

you're just embarrassing yourself employee. like him or not, IDGAF.. but you obviously are not familiar w/ hannibal buress
w kamau bell is who you compare him to? basically the only thing they have in common is that they're both black

like blast said.. hannibal has a cadence & delivery prob most comparable to mitch hedberg. his humor is mostly silly observational stuff or short stories relevant to the "hip" mid-20s crowd. he doesn't have the type of act you're accusing him of having

JaH BLaZe

Post by JaH BLaZe »

To each its own why a hatin ass hater make a deal about someone they dont like i dont get it. Penguin

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ackbar wrote:you're just embarrassing yourself employee. like him or not, IDGAF.. but you obviously are not familiar w/ hannibal buress
w kamau bell is who you compare him to? basically the only thing they have in common is that they're both black

like blast said.. hannibal has a cadence & delivery prob most comparable to mitch hedberg. his humor is mostly silly observational stuff or short stories relevant to the "hip" mid-20s crowd. he doesn't have the type of act you're accusing him of having
When you say this to someone it is not an insult (I mean you specifically; not the universal you).

You are the living, breathing embodiment of embarrassment.

Simple Rock

Post by Simple Rock »

mike eagle wrote:
blastmaster wrote:Buress is a hack.

shut the fuck up.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

BARRY LURKIN wrote:FAN O BURESS BUT IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT JIM JEFFERIES IS FUCKING HORRID WE NEED TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE ABOUT THIS.
Say it ain't so Blurkin, say it ain't so. I know his TV show is hit or miss but I'm a big fan of his stand up. I guess it could be too bro-ish for some folks but I think he's genuinely funny.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Sure, Hannibal has referenced politics and religion before but that is by no means his go-to material. His most popular bit is about flicking pickle juice on his sandwiches. He's more observational/absurd than anything else.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

ay Russel Brand, Bills Maher & especially Hicks eat dick, Jim Jeffries isnt good but at least he can tell a decent joke. Bill Hicks, in the words of me spirit animal Norm just had the audience "sagely nodding their heads in agreement" rather than actual irl laughing and Maher took that to its extreme by just pausing and smugly staring at the crowd at intervals so theyd know where the punchline was... fucking hell hold up did he pioneer the pause for a beat, break the 4th wall glance AMIRITE crutch thats been fucking up every good to woeful leftie sitcom for ten years jesus christ fuck this orrible cunt and the r/athiesm quote macro he rode in on.

p much everyone else mentioned heres the shit, steady on lads.

ReginaldWonder

Post by ReginaldWonder »

Employee wrote: Image
I'm only crying because these people just don't see what a hack Buress truly is.

:bow: :bow: :bow: Preach Employee :bow: :bow: :bow:

Your opinions on the current state of comedy are obviously sacrosanct. So I will wait, weeping in silence, until your gospel has become the law of the land.
*place meta joke here*

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

BARRY LURKIN

Post by BARRY LURKIN »

YET TO SEE HIS TV SHOW BUT JEFFERIES IS ONE THEM BLOKES WHO TURN EX-PAT (NOBODY KNEW HIM IN OZ - HE BUILT HIS REP ON UK PANEL SHOW CIRCUIT) AND CONSTRUCT AN IDENTITY EXPLOITING LAZY, STALE AND REDUCTIVE STRAYANISMS.

*BARRY SELF-AWARENESS*

Skeptic

Post by Skeptic »

Chappelle is playing London July 8-13

Still tickets available.

http://www.eventimapollo.com/events/det ... -chappelle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

That'd b cool if I lived in London :/