Marvel MCU thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Marvel MCU thread (civil war spoilers)

Post by Philaflava »

Love Hardy as Venom, hate that it is not within the MCU though.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i'm really into this movie on paper but that trailer showed nothing I actually wanted to see, they did a bad job of selling it. it could literally be a trailer for any action movie with a scifi angle starring tom hardy.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote::bunny:

I WAITED MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS :owens:

NOW I HAVE MY ADVANCE TICKET :omar:

T'CHALLA FINNA TAKE OVER ERRYTHANG NOW :cas:
According to Salon, it's the first blockbuster in Hollywood history with a black lead actor:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

lolololol ok, good to know Will Smith and The Rock are white

alpha

Post by alpha »

Black super hero. I guess we are just forgetting Hancock ever happened?

Jessica Jones season 2 looks good.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Your facts don’t go with their storyline shush!

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

alpha wrote:
Jessica Jones season 2 looks good.
Fuck no; they ruined it with SJW wokeness.

Jessica Jones literally responds "How rapey of you" in the trailer. Now she's just a drunken asshole with no real purpose (she's always been mildly annoying, but if the trailer is any indication, I'd rather watch YouTube videos of feminists screaming).

alpha

Post by alpha »

Maybe your right. I like the show, I’ll watch either way

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Philaflava wrote:Love Hardy as Venom, hate that it is not within the MCU though.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

alpha wrote:Black super hero. I guess we are just forgetting Hancock ever happened?
:cheers: I been asking for a Hancock sequel for a fucking decade. The shit made $225 million domestic and over $600 million worldwide. And the goddamn "villain" was balding and had no superpowers except for unrepentant white rage. And Charlize Theron's heroics introduced a side/backstory worthy of making 'Hancock' at least a trilogy.

But nope. Black superheroes didn't get love then. Not even if Hollywood literally took the biggest Black movie star at the time and saddled him with a script that was floating around for years in development hell, roped in Jason Bateman for comic relief, and retold the basic "with great power comes great responsibility" tale, except added alcoholism and sociopathy to the superhero in power. Welp, 2008 was a different time.

(Will Smith could easily co-produce 'Hancock 2' and cake up more while establishing another star vehicle for himself, but time will tell if his ego will go there. The masses want 'Bad Boys 3' more which seems unlikely now, 'Suicide Squad 2' is already happening so he's committed to that for a while, and obviously he's got other shit poppin'. Still, *I* never forgot about 'Hancock'. First movie to ever depict what would happen if a superhero had an orgasm :ironmike: it was maybe one of the greatest sex scenes in movie history, on a level :bunny: )

ALL THAT BEING SAID:

I just saw 'Black Panther' twice today. It is the very best movie I have ever seen in my entire life so far.

Thank you for your consideration, everything else. You were cute. But you are not Black Panther.
Ryan Coogler created a perfect movie. There literally isn't one line of dialogue that was cinema cliche, not one plot point that was predictable a mile away, not one action sequence that was fight-by-numbers, and not one ignorant corporate pandering ploy to the audience for attention/money/cred/life trash. There's at least 25 reasons why this is MY favorite movie ever, but 3 are enough for now:

-Wakanda is the fully visualized African Dream that could have existed if a part of Africa was never colonized. If that isn't a next level setting for sci-fi, then FUCK THE ENTIRE WORLD :omar:

-Ryan Coogler and Co. made a script that is so immaculate and immortal, it will resonate for years upon years. This is truly an instant classic, and a pivotal game changing moment in culture, art & everything. There is NO overstating the impact of what 'Black Panther' can do, because this shit is way bigger than the money it earns. And it's gonna earn Marvel a fucking Vibranium-mountain sized chunk of cash.

-The best supporting actors ARE FUCKING EVERYONE IN THE FUCKING MOVIE. Depending on your own personality type, you'll gravitate to someone brilliant. And whoever you don't like, you won't have a good reason to, because there is no bad acting in this movie. It's a fucking masterpiece of movie magic, and everyone involved seriously deserves praise from here to the moon. Michael B Jordan WILL KILL YOU. The interweaving backgrounds of antagonist and Ulysses Klaue and T'Challa make for the illest chess game seen in ages. My favorite fucking film of all-time. OF ALL-TIME. Also it really helps that I'm Black, and they connect Black Panther to Black history in a way that NO superhero movie EVER has done. This movie was the epitome of unpredictably fresh. It's a new fucking day after 'Black Panther'.

Believe all the hype. It don't matter if Killmonger is a Public Enemy fan. :rockout:

I only have two words left to say, motherfuckers.

#WAKANDAFOREVER

:copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: /5 from :ignore:
:drizzy: *woo! step into the spotlight*
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
It is the very best movie I have ever seen in my entire life so far.
:larry:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Employee wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:
It is the very best movie I have ever seen in my entire life so far.
:larry:
:cheers: :rofl: I love ya, brah! I'll add the caveat I added elsewhere: sure, I've seen movies with bigger explosions, more complex editing/cinematic trickery, more intellectual intricacy, and what not...

BUT FUCK ALL THAT SHIT.

This had JUST enough of EVERYTHING in human life to be PERFECT. LITERALLY EVERYTHING. Not one emotion was left unexplored, not one moment was wasted being cliche, I was never pandered to or felt like my intelligence was insulted, there was comedy/action/tension/nuance/romance/technology/great chase scene/great fight scenes/generational conflict & connection/family variance/politics/religion/life/death/Africans/Asians/Europeans/STAN LEE/and shit you ain't NEVER ever seen before in a movie

KANYESHRUG

Emotionally, I've NEVER in my LIFE walked out of a movie theater feeling such resplendent shock. This movie FAR surpassed ALL expectations. I just saw it for a third time today, and I cried at different parts, but left feeling no less astounded. I'm sure it will resonate for ages. It's far more than just a movie. That sounds like a cliche now... but when characters are referenced ad nauseam, and the memes are unleashed, and the first weekend numbers are added up... NINJAS GON SEE. OH DEY GON LEARN :copy:

Bean-counter muhfuckas be mumbling bout a $200 million opening weekend right now :ohsh: and it's only Friday night. I went to a matinee at 2:45 today, and shit was 95% FULL. Evening shows were already sold out. This shit is gonna have LEGS, fam. Expect it to dominate the culture for the next few weeks of worldwide life. Truss. #WAKANDAFOREVER
"Stop scaring me, colonizer!" :rofl: INSTANT CLASSIC, ALREADY ONE OF THE BEST LINES OF THE YEAR :bow:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

So this movie was really damn good. Great film in general and their best marvel movie easily. Movie got an an applause from the crowd. Best way I can describe it for me is that I felt I could’ve watched again right after it ended.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

alpha wrote:So this movie was really damn good. Great film in general and their best marvel movie easily. Movie got an an applause from the crowd. Best way I can describe it for me is that I felt I could’ve watched again right after it ended.
Exactly. I seen it 3 times in the first 24 hours, and it's only getting better each time, genuinely. Masterful storytelling is happening in front of our eyes. Ryan Coogler & Co. has made unprecedented history.

De Black Panta LIVES! :ironmike:

SHOUTOUT TO DANIEL KALUUYA AND DANAI GURIRA FOR DELIVERING ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL MOMENTS IN CINEMATIC HISTORY.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

$233 million.

WAKANDA FOREVER.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Let the thread breathe. Jfc.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

On a dead forum? :rofl: that's hopeful of you.

Philaflava needs the heart-shaped herb so bad. :omar:

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

YOTMB byke? Movie must be 12/10

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

ok it's been two weeks hopefully it's safe to come back in here now

Movie was dope, def top tier Marvel but flawed in very Marvel-ish ways too. Best part was how they realized Wakanda on screen, the characters were good (supporting cast overshadowed the leads imo), but it's a shame the story moves through such insanely predictable story beats and just blatantly takes narrative shortcuts at some points toward the end.

Post by 907 »

I can't be the only one who saw the IW trailer today. Thoughts, other than it looks fucking lit?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Those are probably all the good parts.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Dope. Looks good.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Not adjusting for inflation, Black Panther is the highest-grossing superhero film of all-time.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

Hardy's acting :ohsh: :gyeah:

Hardy's accent :meh: :lol:

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Ouch at that pronunciation of symbiote.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

I can't get over how bad the cgi looks in the shot of Hardy turning into Venom, it's like glossy claymation. Hardy's Boston(?) accent is a close second offender.

Also this
really reminds me more of a DCU clunker than Marvel, but they can't all be Thor 3s and Black Panthers

alpha

Post by alpha »

I knew the accent would suck, but I thought this looked pretty good. Although, I was hungover on the shitter when I watched it.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I was blown away by Infinity War honestly. To have that many moving parts, characters, and story lines seemed a near impossible task but they actually did it. And did in a way that really just spotlighted how many great characters they created. Almost every character in the movie had at least a couple "oh shit" or "lol" moments. The different story lines didn't feel forced and the tension was ratcheted at the right times. A perfect blend of their action/adventure/comedy/sci-fi signature style. Thanos is easily the best villain they'e created and I can't wait to see what's in store for him in the next installment.