Mike Epps slams Dave Chappelle.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

The Iron Sheik wrote:
styles davis wrote:^^^^^i saw somewhere that dude turned down the 20 mill to do rush hour 3
yeah i heard he got religious and didn't want to do things he felt were disrespectful to his new belief system
This is true. I heard him say this in an interview. It's why he turned down 'Next Friday': he didn't want to play a "weed head" because of his newly found religion.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:if you're dissing chris rock, he's 20 times the comedian that chappelle will ever be.

diss mike epps (though i think it's hypocritical). fine, he's not that talented.

but chris rock? the chappelle jock riding is strong with this crowd.

no one is dissing the comedy and stand up, but how can you play the token black guy so many times in PG-13 movies aimed at white highschool kids and not expect to get clowned....

None

Post by None »

Trademark wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:if you're dissing chris rock, he's 20 times the comedian that chappelle will ever be.

diss mike epps (though i think it's hypocritical). fine, he's not that talented.

no one is dissing the comedy and stand up, but how can you play the token black guy so many times in PG-13 movies aimed at white highschool kids and not expect to get clowned....
by compensating with excellent stand up and hope no one notices?

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

None wrote:
Trademark wrote:

by compensating with excellent stand up and hope no one notices?

which one do people see more? excellent stand up comedien or token black actor?

peep the beginning of the MTV awards to see which one.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Cleanhobo wrote:
The Iron Sheik wrote:
styles davis wrote:^^^^^i saw somewhere that dude turned down the 20 mill to do rush hour 3
yeah i heard he got religious and didn't want to do things he felt were disrespectful to his new belief system
This is true. I heard him say this in an interview. It's why he turned down 'Next Friday': he didn't want to play a "weed head" because of his newly found religion.
But being a character witness for a pedophile isn't an issue?

Weird.

Fucking Religion. GIVE US BACK SMOKEY YOU ASSHOLE JESUS.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Dids wrote:
Cleanhobo wrote:
The Iron Sheik wrote:
But being a character witness for a pedophile isn't an issue?

Weird.

Fucking Religion. GIVE US BACK SMOKEY YOU ASSHOLE JESUS.
4 Reals.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

more like mohammad.

i think he has embraced islam in his life.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Epps is just hatin cause he aint never did one thing that was as big as Dave's show.

I mean, you can't say Dave doesn't represent Black people on his show, his skits are arguably the MOST racially informed and revealing comedy skits since the glory days of Richard Pryor.

Dave is doing more for Black history education than Blackstar and all the okayplayers combined. Even if people are laughing, they are still THINKING.

and Dave writes nuff of his show, that whole white writers shit is just WRONG.

I like Mike Epps more than an Anthony Anderson type muhfuka, but this here is just STRAIGHT UP PLAYER HATING

shut up, Mike, and get your Richard Pryor impersonation DOWN PAT. If you do it right, then maybe you will join the elite super-rich comedian club instead of being in flopville u.s.a. where your Honeymooners movie just came into :grin: :cry:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

an-also

Post by an-also »

niggaz is wildin

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Cleanhobo wrote:
The Iron Sheik wrote:
Uh, aren't you guys talking about Chris Tucker?

I know Epps personally, so the hate on him is unnecessary. Its more of a you don't get 50 mil and then go crazy, you get 50 mil and you spread love.

He has certain points about Dave not being from a certain background, however, that doesn't take away from Chappelle show being one of the greatest sketch comedy shows ever.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Cash Rulz wrote:
Cleanhobo wrote:
The Iron Sheik wrote:
Uh, aren't you guys talking about Chris Tucker?

I know Epps personally, so the hate on him is unnecessary. Its more of a you don't get 50 mil and then go crazy, you get 50 mil and you spread love.

He has certain points about Dave not being from a certain background, however, that doesn't take away from Chappelle show being one of the greatest sketch comedy shows ever.
Yes, go back to where the quoting began on the first page; someone brought up Chris Tucker.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

exactly, cash.

once you hate on someone's favorite artists, people will go buck for no reason w/o looking at the stats clearly.

CaseJuan

Post by CaseJuan »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:exactly, cash.

once you hate on someone's favorite artists, people will go buck for no reason w/o looking at the stats clearly.
I don't think its that. I think Epps shouldn't comment on Dave's situation. You don't know that "he's crazy" that's what the press wrote. He said he aint crazy, just having creative block. And why does the 50 Mill have to be the reason he's crazy. Could you imagine trying to top the first 2 seasons of the Chappelle Show?

Chappelle's background has nothing to do with shit so Epps is hatin', cause he bringing up irrelevant shit. "Give money to the kids"

WHAT?!?! Fuck that shit. Why should he give money to kids? Why do black people (my people) always want us to give our money away? White people don't get asked to give money away. You think white folks told Seinfeld he need to give back to the community?

Chappelle didn't go crazy off of Half Baked so we don't expect Epps to go crazy off of Next Friday. When Epps makes me laugh as hard as Chappelle did, he can talk.

That's like Eric Snow trying to rip on Kobe.

Do you like titties?

Ches!

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

CaseJuan wrote:When Epps makes me laugh as hard as Chappelle did, he can talk.

see you brought up good points until these two comments. what does stature have to do with someone bringing up a good point? everyone saying epps isn't funny is irrelevant. judge him on the comment he just said.

if a homeless man told me donald trump look sa fool with that combover, i'd still agree even though he was homeless.

FreshShabazz

Post by FreshShabazz »

All I know is I saw the first UNFUNNY episode of The Chappelle show I've ever seen last night.... I had never seen that one before: the one with Blackzilla, GTA in real life and The Playa Haters Ball... I'm not sure I laughed once...

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

WHAT?!?! Fuck that shit. Why should he give money to kids? Why do black people (my people) always want us to give our money away? White people don't get asked to give money away. You think white folks told Seinfeld he need to give back to the community?
Seinfeld isn't a white person of the Tom Brady caliber. The comparison you made is analogous to saying "you think black folks would ask Vijay Singh to give back to the community?"

And this bit was funnier when Chris Rock did it.

CaseJuan

Post by CaseJuan »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
CaseJuan wrote:When Epps makes me laugh as hard as Chappelle did, he can talk.

see you brought up good points until these two comments. what does stature have to do with someone bringing up a good point? everyone saying epps isn't funny is irrelevant. judge him on the comment he just said.

if a homeless man told me donald trump look sa fool with that combover, i'd still agree even though he was homeless.
The general public agrees that Trump looks like a fool with that comb over. Just like the general public agrees that Dave Chappelle kinda looks like a crackhead. The bum saying either statement would be entertaining and I'd agree.

However if said bum was dissing Trump when he filed bankruptcy years ago and trying to say he messed up by not putting his money in bonds, would you still agree?

If one of Lebron's high school teammates was saying Lebron should have done this or that to get the Cavs in the playoffs would you agree?

All I'm saying is that Mike Epps has not reached Chappelle's level and should keep his negative comments to himself. If he did a standup talking about Chappelle it'd be different, but just hating in an interview....come on now.

Icesickle wrote:
Seinfeld isn't a white person of the Tom Brady caliber. The comparison you made is analogous to saying "you think black folks would ask Vijay Singh to give back to the community?"

And this bit was funnier when Chris Rock did it.
Is Seinfeld not white? Cause Vijay Singh isn't black. And I wasn't trying to be funny, just making a point.

Do you like titties?

Ches!

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Last edited by ackbar on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

tangible

Post by tangible »

I saw Epps do stand up in Vegas in 2002. He started off telling a few jokes, but about 15 minutes in he just started pacing the stage, starting jokes, and trailing off. Smoked alot of Newports.

Then, some guy yells out, "Man! I paid $26, tell a joke!" and Epps looks at the guy and goes, "Yeah, I got yo money! CHACHING! CHACHING!" and pumps his arm like an ass.

Before the conflict got anywhere, a woman in a low cut top walks by the front of the stage on the way to her seat and Epps looks down at her and yells, "Damn bitch, you got some cabbage titties!"

:lol:

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Icesickle wrote:Seinfeld isn't a white person of the Tom Brady caliber. The comparison you made is analogous to saying "you think black folks would ask Vijay Singh to give back to the community?"

No I don't think blacks would ask that of Vijay, with him being Fijan/Indian and all.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Combo7 wrote:
Icesickle wrote:Seinfeld isn't a white person of the Tom Brady caliber. The comparison you made is analogous to saying "you think black folks would ask Vijay Singh to give back to the community?"

No I don't think blacks would ask that of Vijay, with him being Fijan/Indian and all.
:lol:

Icesickle's constant preoccupation with race and class is :naswtf:

Dids

Post by Dids »

Combo7 wrote:

Not that I agree with Ice's point, but you just missed it.

Jewish isn't white like Fijan isn't black (in Ice's world).

I feel like reality lies somewhere inbetween.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Dids wrote:
Combo7 wrote:

Thanks dids.

I'm just saying citing Seinfeld as an example of a white guy all white people would defend to the death is dumb.

Seinfeld doesn't = all American whitey. I don't know understand why that's such a contencious statement.

CaseJuan

Post by CaseJuan »

Icesickle wrote:
Dids wrote:
Combo7 wrote:

Thanks dids.

I'm just saying citing Seinfeld as an example of a white guy all white people would defend to the death is dumb.

Seinfeld doesn't = all American whitey. I don't know understand why that's such a contencious statement.
And Chappelle does = all American black man?

Not to be ignorant, but Jews look white to me unless they have a long beard and a yamaka.

Do you like titties?

Ches!