Andvil's DVD Picks for Nov. 15th

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

Oh yeah.....(goddamn, I'm posting way too much)

did you see the extra disc that comes with "The Last Round"?

"Includes an Exclusive CD

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Andvil wrote:EDIT:
just picked up The Last Round, A Man Called Magnum and For Your Height Only/Challenge of the Tiger for $35 (with 20% discount) at DeepDiscount

AWESOME
Ha, I been thinking about this shit all day at school about how I was gonna buy that shit when I got home.

Drizzle, hook up that thread when you get a chance, a few of us at the very least will really appreciate it.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Hey Andvil, if the bonus CD that comes with the Last Round is good and you like it, I highly recommend buying this:

It's pretty much my favorite soundtrack album ever (even though it's a compilation). Amazing. Unfortunately, according to Amazon it looks like it's out of print now.

Hey Drizzle, are there any Maurizio Merli movies on US dvd? I really really want to see Napoli (and Roma) Violenta, and Roma (and Italia) Mano Armata.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

I just want to say I now hate Drizzle for showing me the awesome Raro Video website with it's awesome Italian cop movies that are FUCKING PAL AND NOT NTSC

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

Out of print, huh?

........dude

upload it

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Andvil wrote:Out of print, huh?

........dude

upload it
That's not a terrible idea.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

I just want to say I now hate Drizzle for showing me the awesome Raro Video website with it's awesome Italian cop movies that are FUCKING PAL AND NOT NTSC

Diversify your bonds Shadow :wutang:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I feel you on that, I made the plunge on my birthday and got myself a present of pal/ntsc tv and all region/all format dvd player. That shit plays ANYTHING, if you put your balls on the open tray it will play you a montage of all the chicks you banged

That comp looks awesome, some of those I've been trying to find, particularly the Almost human theme I think. You guys should check out Beat at Cineccitta comps, same idea but more diverse genres. This site is good for that shit - www.moviegrooves.com

The euro-crime thread is coming as soon as I get a little time at work. Merli will be part of it - I have Napoli Violenta. I'll try to put links for easy copping, if it's still sellin on there.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

drizzle wrote:

Diversify your bonds Shadow :wutang:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I feel you on that, I made the plunge on my birthday and got myself a present of pal/ntsc tv and all region/all format dvd player. That shit plays ANYTHING, if you put your balls on the open tray it will play you a montage of all the chicks you banged

That comp looks awesome, some of those I've been trying to find, particularly the Almost human theme I think. You guys should check out Beat at Cineccitta comps, same idea but more diverse genres. This site is good for that shit - www.moviegrooves.com

The euro-crime thread is coming as soon as I get a little time at work. Merli will be part of it - I have Napoli Violenta. I'll try to put links for easy copping, if it's still sellin on there.
:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Funk Docta Bombay
Head Cynic In Charge
Location: Fuck You, Fuck You, You're cool, and fuck you I'm out.

Post by Funk Docta Bombay »

StormShadow wrote:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=APUJGOVM

Beretta 70
Gracias senor Shadow

and...
drizzle wrote:That shit plays ANYTHING, if you put your balls on the open tray it will play you a montage of all the chicks you banged
Literal LOL :lol:

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Listen to Folk and Violence. It will blow your mind.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

hey, thanks

Funk Docta Bombay
Head Cynic In Charge

^someone needs to send this CD to RZA so he can create Mafioso-funky appropriate beats for Rae's next CD :ohsh:

ill tracks. I gotta admit that I never heard anything like this out of Italy, I got a whole bunch of Ennio Moriconne soundtracks on vinyl but this is some fuuuunnnnkkyyyy shit. That Isaac Hayes soundtrack (2 tough guys) I've been wearing out is gonna have some comp

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Funk Docta Bombay wrote:^someone needs to send this CD to RZA so he can create Mafioso-funky appropriate beats for Rae's next CD :ohsh:

ill tracks. I gotta admit that I never heard anything like this out of Italy, I got a whole bunch of Ennio Moriconne soundtracks on vinyl but this is some fuuuunnnnkkyyyy shit. That Isaac Hayes soundtrack (2 tough guys) I've been wearing out is gonna have some comp
RZA probably already has it because Tarantino used one of the songs off it in Kill Bill 2 which PISSED ME OFF BECAUSE I ALREADY PLANNED OUT MY ACTION MOVIE AND IT WAS GONNA HAVE THAT SONG IN IT

Funk Docta Bombay
Head Cynic In Charge

StormShadow wrote:
Funk Docta Bombay wrote:^someone needs to send this CD to RZA so he can create Mafioso-funky appropriate beats for Rae's next CD :ohsh:

RZA probably already has it because Tarantino used one of the songs off it in Kill Bill 2 which PISSED ME OFF BECAUSE I ALREADY PLANNED OUT MY ACTION MOVIE AND IT WAS GONNA HAVE THAT SONG IN IT
Well shit. And here I was typing I sure am glad that this was released before Tarentino had a chance to rape it. But yeah, that Luis Bacalov song is definitely in there.

incidentally, "Man before your time" is that piff. Someone definitely needs to loop that shit up with some drums.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

I just want to point out something about the Mondo Macrabro Turkish Cinema Double feature (that Drizzle alerted us to). Uh, one of the movies in the set- The Deathless Devil- has an actor named KUNT TULGAR.

That is awesome.

Oh, and according to IMDB, in order to americanize his name for us in the states they wisely changed it to Kunt Brix, that way nobody gets offended.

Holy shit, I can't wait to KUNT BRIX appear in the credits.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

That comp is the shit man, thanks

About names - on the "For your height..."/Challenge of the tiger dvd, the guy who wrote the screenplay for Challenge of the Tiger goes by name Poon Fan.

Also, watched Emergency Squad last night, definitely recommended. The story itself is nothing new but the direction is tight with nice artistic touches here and there, and there is a good amount of action. The music is the shit too, but that's to be expected.