What movie did you watch today?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

twob

Post by twob »

Eternally Yours- Lorreta Young and, fuck, what's his name? Oh yeah David Niven, who is also in The Guns of Navarone. Niven, is a badass actor that does a good job in this film. Basically it's just a love story between a magician and his assistant, but that's really a shitty way to sumarize it. This movie has some good moments to it. Not only that, but I got it from goodwill on a dvd with some other bullshit on it as well for $.49. You can't go wrong with that, unless it sucks, which it didn't. 6-7/10

Tokyo Drifter- 7/10

Crash- 7-8/10

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid- I've seen this movie at least ten times now, and I'm a big fan. Though I really like most of Paul Newmans work as it is, whether it be Fort Apache: The Bronx or Cool Hand Luke, doesn't matter, I'm a fan. Anyway, if you haven't seen this, watch it. 8-9/10

Kung Fu Hustle- Liked this film quite a bit. It had that anime comic book feel to it. Basically just a fun watch, nothing spectacular in my opinion, but I'd watch it again. 7/10

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Winged Migration 5.5/10

I can watch the Discovery Channel, Animal Planet and National Geographic all day. Those are my go-to channels behind ESPN/ESPNews when there's nothing else on. But this doc was exceedingly boring. The photography is beautiful. The fact that you get to see some camera angles and close-up shots that were claimed to be never-before-seen attracted to me this documentary. And those shots are indeed amazing. It's all fascinating for the first 20 minutes or so. Then it hits me that the entire film is going to be just like this and the sparse narration did not help. This was like a picture book with little information. After the first 30 pages of birds flying, feeding or sleeping I'd find myself quickly flipping through the rest of the book.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Post by 360 »

Guess Who :meh:

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Knock Off

I watched this movie because I saw Noah make a post about it. Seriously one of the worst/funniest movies I have ever seen. In case you didn't know, this movie stars Jean Claude Van Damme and Rob Schnieder.

There a couple of awesome over the top death scenes.

Highlight of the movie by far the rickshaw race. Jean Claude is pulling it and Rob Schneider riding on it. They crash through some sort of asian markets, and Rob Scneider emerges with an eel in hand. He starts whipping Van Damme on the ass with it, and Van Damme turns around and says "stop doing that!". Schneider stops for a second, and then puts a look of absolute rage on his face and continues to whip Van Damme with the eel.

In conclusion, Knock off is probably the worst movie I have ever seen, but I sure as hell laughed a lot, so it's doing something right.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

The Day After Tomorrow 4.5/10

Late in the movie, Dennis Quaid's character says that he goes out into the storm to end all storms to find his son because he made him a promise. Why he made that promise in the first place boggles the mind. Jake Gyllenhaal, who plays his son, seems to want to be doing anything else but filming scenes for this stupid movie.

And what about those wolves that escaped out of the zoo? They looked ridiculous. The Hulk looked more believable. Then they start acting like Resident Evil monsters rather than actual wolves.

The way the storyline revolving around Ian Holm's character and his crew was resolved made them all seem pointless to the movie.

SPOILER

And then the fucking storm just magically disappears after like 2 days?

END SPOILER

On the positive side, I did enjoy seeing those asian people get killed in that hailstorm.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Last night The Exorcism Of Emily Rose 7/10

Better than expected. Good performances and some creepy scenes...shame the trailer spoiled all the scares.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Better Luck Tommorow - 6.0 out of 10

It had tight cinematography and a pretty good cast, but the storyline was kind of lame. It was like an Asian-American risky business. The whole "they want to live dangerously to balance their stereotypical smart Asian image" didn't fly with me cause there's plenty of Asian gangsters where I live so I didn't get how they were trying to bust out of stereotypes by just conforming to another set of stereotypes.

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

Rent - 4/10

i knew i would hate it, but the only other option was harry potter, and that wasnt going down..i honestly just wanted to fuck in the back of the theater so it worked..but that one white dude that was with rosario had THE MOST horrendous voice of all time. absolutely made me wanna pluck my own eyeballs out. wtf....but yeah..my woman looked mad good in it...a little thin these days, but she's still proper. i actually thought it was funny tho...lol @ taye diggs singing. wtf. i liked the lesbians tho. id fuck that white broad.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

jul

Post by jul »

11:14
I didnt like the color, and it seemed to show the same things over and over. Overall it was pretty entertaining but nothing I'd want to see again.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Six String Samurai - 7/10 - a lot better than expected. The super low budget really hurts the movie in certain points, makes it real cheesy. Also, I know it's a strange complaint but the voices of the main character and the villain didn't really fit, too high pitched without enough gravel.

It makes up for defecencies by keeping up a fast pace, with lots of action and absurd comedy. Some of the scenes are hysterically surreal. The real suprise was how competent the main actor was as a screen figher. He apparently choreographed the action and the fight scenes are better than any low budget american flick i've seen. The music is the shit too.

Recomended, especially if you're a fan of Bubba Ho-tep style cult flicks.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

The Upside of Anger - 6/10

The dialogue was weak early, it seemed like a bad sitcom. It got better or I adjusted to it and ended up finding to be an alright, but forgettable film.

Finding Neverland - 7.5/10

Surprisingly good. I don't really like sentimental films. I also find scenes in movies where an adult acts silly in order to entertain kids uncomfortable and awkward, but they were handled well. That first scene where's heputting on a show for the kids with him dancing with the bear/Porthos made me feel like I was on acid. Good ending.

The Girl Next Door - 6/10

I was half-paying attention while watching this. I expected this to be terrible and it surprised me by being just above mediocrity.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Doom 5/10

It is what it is. Went into it not expecting anything but a badly written shoot em up.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Zombie Flesh Eaters 7/10

A fun Saturday night in. Surprisingly good.

A Zombie fighting a shark? I'm in!

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

Friday I watched Mr. & Mrs. Smith and The Stepford Wives

I wanted to kill myself.
If it weren't for Angelina Jolie in a bondage outfit I feel like the whole day would have been lost.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

Flight Of The Phoenix

It was alright, nothing to write home about...Not bad, not great.

But it was interesting seeing Sticky Fingaz with an eye patch in the middle of the desert. No homo.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Badlands 8/10

I enjoy well-made serial killer films and this is one of the best. Great acting by the leads, especially Sheen. I now must see Malick's other films.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Just watched the modern day classic Training Day 9/10

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

Dangerous Liaisons - 9.5/10

i love this movie, always have. the set designs, costumes, and photography are all outstanding..as is the mufuckin Malkovich. big props for showing a young uma thurman's tatties....zero props for keanu reeves' existence in this movie, even tho he can play clueless young idiot pretty well, his hawaiian surfer dude accent doesnt really fit too well in louis xiv france! :naswtf:
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

hustler

best movie on the year contender

Post by hustler »

aeon flux

THAT SHIT WAS SERIOUS, charlize theron was fucking hot and kickin ass, it was like the matrix the first one (not the shitty sequels) but it had a better plot. the supporting cast was on point. special effects were fuckin amazing. dont sleep on this movie. if u dont have a big ass screen and HDTV wit suround sound then i recomend u peep it in theaters cause ul be seriously missin out on the small screen.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Fist of the White Lotus

8/10

My favourite of the old Kung-fu movies I've been watching lately. Pai Mei is gully. The ending is pretty horrible, but it makes up for this fact by being funny.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Moolah wrote:Fist of the White Lotus

8/10

My favourite of the old Kung-fu movies I've been watching lately. Pai Mei is gully. The ending is pretty horrible, but it makes up for this fact by being funny.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.......DIE!!!!!!!!!

You think you're good, but you're not you know!

Best realized character in kung-fu movies ever, the movie could ride on Lo Lieh's acting alone. The fights don't hurt either.

What didn't you like about the ending?
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Psychosis wrote:Badlands 8/10

I enjoy well-made serial killer films and this is one of the best. Great acting by the leads, especially Sheen. I now must see Malick's other films.
Yep, finally saw this for the first time about two months ago and loved it.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Couldnt be bothered with Christmas shopping so I stayed in and watched a few DVD's.

The 40 Year Old Virgin 8/10

Crash 8.5/10

Downfall 8/10

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

Wallace & Gromit: Curse Of The Were Rabbit

Best movie of the year, IMHO

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Cleanhobo wrote:
Psychosis wrote:Badlands 8/10

Yep, finally saw this for the first time about two months ago and loved it.
Have you seen Malick's other films? If so, thoughts?

Zeed Stun

Post by Zeed Stun »

Rushmore - 9/10

I like how wes andersen writes his characters. Theres an honesty to them.

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

Volcano High

MTV version- 7 for the sheer hilarity of it

original Korean version- not finished yet, but already an 8.9 to me right now, the story makes so much more sense

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Psychosis wrote: On the positive side, I did enjoy seeing those asian people get killed in that hailstorm.
damn what's with you and the asian 'jokes'...did lil tommy lee beat you in a math contest in 3rd grade or something?
Nets 2022

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

reason is yellow wrote:
Psychosis wrote: On the positive side, I did enjoy seeing those asian people get killed in that hailstorm.
damn what's with you and the asian 'jokes'...did lil tommy lee beat you in a math contest in 3rd grade or something?
Are you the most racially sensitive person of all time or are you joking here? The people who got killed in the hailstorm happened to be asian, it would've been just as enjoyable as racial caricatures getting killed by hail on Skull Island instead.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Unleashed - 5.9/10

I would've liked it better if the lead wasn't asian.