Recommend me some anime...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

curiouscharles

Recommend me some anime...

Post by curiouscharles »

I've only recently gotte into anime, and have begun by working my way through samurai champloo, and cowboy bebop, anything in the same vein that people would think i might like?

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

If you haven't seen Ninja Scroll, that would be a good place to start

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

There's a really good anime series that I saw at a friend's house. Maybe someone can help me out with the name because I can't remember it at the moment. The story deals with 2 clans that basically try to kill every member of the opposite team. Whenever they kill a member, they use their blood to cross their name out. Every member has some sort of special skill. I think which ever team wins, a member of the clan will become the heir to the throne or something...

IKILL

Post by IKILL »

Kalistoga Von Fretmeyer wrote:There's a really good anime series that I saw at a friend's house. Maybe someone can help me out with the name because I can't remember it at the moment. The story deals with 2 clans that basically try to kill every member of the opposite team. Whenever they kill a member, they use their blood to cross their name out. Every member has some sort of special skill. I think which ever team wins, a member of the clan will become the heir to the throne or something...
^^^^ The anime is called Basilisk - not a bad anime. The fighting scenes are kinda shitastic compared to other animes.

Hajime No Ippo - it is a boxing anime. I thought this was one of the better ones I've seen. It can be predictable at times but the animation is really well done.

Ninja Scroll - I second this one. Great anime.

Fist of the North Star - if you like Ninja Scroll then this ones probably right up your alley. Cool characters and fighting scenes.

Berserk - fucking great manga. Guts is one of the best main characters in any anime. Dudes rugged as a mother fucker. The anime is cut really really short but the manga is still in action. You can watch the anime but it's a huge cliff hanger. The manga is a bit different too.

Full Metal Alchemist - overall it's a decent anime. The ending could have been better though but it's worth the watching.

Naruto - seems to be the big anime buzz these days. It's pretty entertaining until it gets to episode 125 or some shit. After that it's a bunch of retarded fillers. The manga is good though.

Bleach - same thing with Naruto. It's pretty fucking good up to episode 75 or some shit then it becomes filler epsiodes. The manga is good on this one too.

Ghost in a Shell 1&2 - decent animes. I would recommend getting both movies and watching them back to back if you have 4 hours to be a loser. The animation of the 2nd one is much better. Granted, it was made years after the 1st one.

Yakitate Japan - I'm more into the action animes but this one kept my attention. It's about bread bakers. Fucking weird story line but the author/artist do an awesome job keeping it suspenseful. I was skeptical when I first heard about it but it's definitely worth watching though.

GTO - similar to Yakitate. Not really known for it's action but the anime does a fucking good job holding your attention.

This is a good list that'll get you started though. Enjoy!

IKILL

Post by IKILL »

Kalistoga Von Fretmeyer wrote:There's a really good anime series that I saw at a friend's house. Maybe someone can help me out with the name because I can't remember it at the moment. The story deals with 2 clans that basically try to kill every member of the opposite team. Whenever they kill a member, they use their blood to cross their name out. Every member has some sort of special skill. I think which ever team wins, a member of the clan will become the heir to the throne or something...
^^^^ The anime is called Basilisk - not a bad anime. The fighting scenes are kinda shitastic compared to other animes.

Hajime No Ippo - it is a boxing anime. I thought this was one of the better ones I've seen. It can be predictable at times but the animation is really well done.

Ninja Scroll - I second this one. Great anime.

Fist of the North Star - if you like Ninja Scroll then this ones probably right up your alley. Cool characters and fighting scenes.

Berserk - fucking great manga. Guts is one of the best main characters in any anime. Dudes rugged as a mother fucker. The anime is cut really really short but the manga is still in action. You can watch the anime but it's a huge cliff hanger. The manga is a bit different too.

Full Metal Alchemist - overall it's a decent anime. The ending could have been better though but it's worth the watching.

Naruto - seems to be the big anime buzz these days. It's pretty entertaining until it gets to episode 125 or some shit. After that it's a bunch of retarded fillers. The manga is good though.

Bleach - same thing with Naruto. It's pretty fucking good up to episode 75 or some shit then it becomes filler epsiodes. The manga is good on this one too.

Ghost in a Shell 1&2 - decent animes. I would recommend getting both movies and watching them back to back if you have 4 hours to be a loser. The animation of the 2nd one is much better. Granted, it was made years after the 1st one.

Yakitate Japan - I'm more into the action animes but this one kept my attention. It's about bread bakers. Fucking weird story line but the author/artist do an awesome job keeping it suspenseful. I was skeptical when I first heard about it but it's definitely worth watching though.

GTO - similar to Yakitate. Not really known for it's action but the anime does a fucking good job holding your attention.

This is a good list that'll get you started though. Enjoy!

curiouscharles

Post by curiouscharles »

thanks for all the suggestions, i've seen ninja scroll, forgot about that, but i'll check out the rest of those, sounds dope!

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

for sure peep fist of the north star, the old series first. if you go to www.heartofmadness.com, they have torrents for every episode up to episode 90 i think, there are 150 episodes. they're still uploading episodes.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

When I was into Anime, I rele liked:

Rider Bean
Akira
The Professional (Golgo 13, that nigga from the Nintendo games)

That was before I began liking pussy though.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

yeah, def check out the old 'fist of the north star series', and the old 'crying freeman' series

golgo 13 is good shit too, anime for people who don't like anime, basically a cartoon version of a the best james bond movie never made

cowboy bebop and champloo are pretty unique though, you won't find much shit that's similar AND original.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo