Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

vince gilligan has repeatedly said he's trying to tell the story of how a man becomes scarface. i'm assuming the cannon walt bought in the intro was essentially his "little friend" for his last stand.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

yeah does seem like it. but i think they leave the script open ended so they might switch it up.

i see mike working with walt now. maybe not for him. walt big timed saul but mikey don't play dat shit. but he'd be a more reliable partner than tuco.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

I'm just gonna wait for the showdown between Walt and Hank. Been waitin for that shit for years.

DLG

Post by DLG »

the wait between the first and second half of this season is going to be hellish.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

DLG wrote:the wait between the first and second half of this season is going to be hellish.
:leon:
bro-signed

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Dan

Post by Dan »

nobs

Post by nobs »

the bacon also looks like a nuclear type explosion...

on another note. i guarantee Hank knows Walt is on the tape. i GUARANTEE he looked at it before it was bagged. look at the closeup of his face when they tag it...

dude knows!

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
jamrage wrote: Now that the loose ends seem to be wrapped up a bit it will be interesting to see where things go from here. They're clearly setting us up for a big finish with the M60 in the trunk. What's going on in New Hampshire I wonder?
I missed the first minute of the episode, but Sepinwall's review mentions that Walt is at a Denny's in Albuquerque, passing himself off as a visitor from New Hampshire.

My comment on the last page echoes PB's Lucifer sentiment.
Walt may have done some big things, but he is not a big man.
I believe the transformation to evil is supposed to be an internal one, not of becoming some sort of kingpin.

Yeah, but the car he was driving has New Hampshire plates as well. Why would he get a car with New Hampshire plates just to tell some waitress in Denny's? He also talks about how it's a 30 hour nonstop drive from New Hampshire to New Mexico. It seems a bit much that he would just make all that up, and a car with New Hampshire plates is going to stick out more than a regular car with New Mexico plates. He then dumps the New Hampshire car for the one with the M60 inside.

At this point I'm going to believe that Walt had to go up North for some reason.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

jamrage wrote: Yeah, but the car he was driving has New Hampshire plates as well. Why would he get a car with New Hampshire plates just to tell some waitress in Denny's? He also talks about how it's a 30 hour nonstop drive from New Hampshire to New Mexico. It seems a bit much that he would just make all that up, and a car with New Hampshire plates is going to stick out more than a regular car with New Mexico plates. He then dumps the New Hampshire car for the one with the M60 inside.

At this point I'm going to believe that Walt had to go up North for some reason.

i took it as he's coming from NH, where he was previously hiding out, to settle something left unfinished. that explains the new look and identity, and why he needs the gun. in general, if something happened and he had to cut and run prior to whatever prompted the events of the cold open, NH seems like a great place for somebody to wait out trouble in NM.

and if that's the case, he would've needed a car with NH plates to go with the licence, and he obv would know exactly how long it took to drive from there. it would also make sense for him to dump the NH car as to not attract attention with random out of state plates

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

drizzle wrote:
jamrage wrote: Yeah, but the car he was driving has New Hampshire plates as well. Why would he get a car with New Hampshire plates just to tell some waitress in Denny's? He also talks about how it's a 30 hour nonstop drive from New Hampshire to New Mexico. It seems a bit much that he would just make all that up, and a car with New Hampshire plates is going to stick out more than a regular car with New Mexico plates. He then dumps the New Hampshire car for the one with the M60 inside.

i took it as he's coming from NH, where he was previously hiding out, to settle something left unfinished. that explains the new look and identity, and why he needs the gun. in general, if something happened and he had to cut and run prior to whatever prompted the events of the cold open, NH seems like a great place for somebody to wait out trouble in NM.

and if that's the case, he would've needed a car with NH plates to go with the licence, and he obv would know exactly how long it took to drive from there. it would also make sense for him to dump the NH car as to not attract attention with random out of state plates
:cheers:
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

holy fucking shit this show.. 15 mins in to the second episode and i think i finally decided breaking bad >>> the wire, and i loooooved the wire but jesus christ

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

any links for ep 2 yet?

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

WHOOOOOOLL-EEEEEEEEE :shit:

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

I like Mike.
Fuck everything else.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

Jayou Ayen wrote:I like Mike.
Fuck everything else.
:larry:

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

perabigail wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:I like Mike.
Fuck everything else.
:larry:
What I meant was that as long as Mike is okay at the end, I don't give a fuck what happens to any of the other cast members.
Maybe Saul too.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

its way too early to call, but mike could be setting up walt to take the fall for everything down the line by agreeing to be "partners."

also, mike>gus

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

I'm a big fan of Walt trying to take Gus's place and boss up in the city. I think him, Jesse and Mike are gonna go on a serious run.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I don't know about you guys but I'm really ready for this Franch revolution.

(Patiently waits)

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

best cold open yet?

hank knows something from that laptop... the look on his face when his retiring boss was talking about 'the whole time it was a whole different person' was WAY too pained and ominous to be random. he either knows something about walt or something about the mole

Gregg Popabitch

What do you guys think the episode title "Madrigal" has to do with the episode or the season?

I'm trying to figure out (I wiki'ed it) but Ramadan is all like "NO BITCH, I WILL NOT LET YOU THINK ABOUT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW"

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

madrigal is the name of the company that the german dude who killed himself worked for

i'm not buying the 'crazed loner' theory on that either, all those nazis are up to no good

alpha

Post by alpha »

also its the company that hank tracked back form the lab or something gus was doing.

Gregg Popabitch

drizzle wrote:madrigal is the name of the company that the german dude who killed himself worked for

i'm not buying the 'crazed loner' theory on that either, all those nazis are up to no good
no. i figured that out.

BUT WHAT DOES THE WORD MEAN?

and yeah, def not a loner. I agree. I think Hank and the hispanic ( :omgracist: ) figured that out.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:BUT WHAT DOES THE WORD MEAN?
A part-song for several voices, typically arranged in elaborate counterpoint and without instrumental accompaniment.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

oh it's a type of renaissance song, a vocal harmony

Gregg Popabitch

drizzle wrote:oh it's a type of renaissance song, a vocal harmony
it kind of makes sense considering at the end of the episode, Mike decided he'd be working with Walt and Jesse.

Also because of the lack of harmony evidenced by the dissension in Mike's ranks.

perlman

Post by perlman »

Anyone think maybe Gus wasn't gay and just smart enough to not have a family while working in the drug game. That shit is everyone's downfall.
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts