CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Post by 907 »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:
I like this take on it:

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2011/07/t ... -raw-725/8
Great read. :cheers:
That dude does weekly raw and ppv recaps on that site, and is always on point and worth reading.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Punk on the Mic to start the show was great "I guess it's time to play the game?" He stayed Punking HHH.

Also I can see Miz and Truth forming a Conspiracy faction/tag team. How about MizTruth for a name?
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

so Punk loses at SummerSlam and goes on break ending all the excitement?

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

I think he wins. No way they let Cena have another championship run after all of this.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

The pose off shit to close the show was pretty fucking gay.
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Kalel wrote:I think he wins. No way they let Cena have another championship run after all of this.
i hope, but considering Punk still didnt get his break and Cena is the top guy it makes sense...

definitley not what i want to happen but Cena being the champ just isnt a surprise anymore..i'd love to see him w/o the title until at least shortly before the match with The Rock.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

They really need to do more to change the Triple H character. If he really is the new C.O.O., then he should be more fullblown corporate. New music, less eager to jump right into a fight etc.

Punk is still great and I think they are doing a good job of balancing Cena still appealing to the kids while being the clear caught-in-the-corporate-web guy. Laurenitis strikes me as someone born to be loathed, and I love how seemingly every guy on that roster can do a perfect impression of him.

I am happy that they're trying to do something with the midcard within all of this. Awesome to see Ryder's work starting to pay off, and his chemistry with Santino was off the charts. Beth attacking Kelly Kelly was the most interesting moment of women's wrestling in a while. Miz and Dolph are both really coming into their own...

...but how great is R Truth? Calling Trips "Mister H" is a genius move. Dude is shining.

Meanwhile on Smackdown, best episode in a LONG time last week. Sheamus as a good guy should be interesting, especially with the new Mark Henry. Daniel Bryan's road to headlining Wrestlemania with the MitB is just the build he needs. Wade Barrett as a Bond villain again is great, one of the best on the mic today. There really is a lot to be looking forward to in wrestling right now.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

hustler

Post by hustler »

daniel bryan is horrible on the mic and has a terrible bland entrance. he is a great in ring wrestler, but he needs to step up every other aspect of his game. i personally cant stand that nerd.

meanwhile seems like every week its the same shit from the mexican JBL. his shtick is real tired.

R-truth along with cm punk are my favorites right now.

john morrison really sucks. he tries to do rey mysterio type moves but always fucks them up. evan bourne is just mysterio without a mask. he can take his stupid fuckin peace sign and shove it up his ass, maybe that'll wipe that stupid goofy grin off his dumb face.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Guessing this was the only entertaining thing of the night:

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fXvau ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fXvau ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/BulVA ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/BulVA ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Cena held his own, but it is funny watching HHH get burned everytime he has an exchange with Punk. Also props to him for the Curb reference.

battlecatmeowstab212

I really, really wish Triple H was not a part of this angle.

I'm still interested in where this is going, but H has stifled a lot of my interest. His presence really slows down the momentum.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:I really, really wish Triple H was not a part of this angle.

I'm still interested in where this is going, but H has stifled a lot of my interest. His presence really slows down the momentum.
I think the obvious angle is he fucks over Punk in some way at SS.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

i bet there are backstage agents that want to beat the shit out of punk right about now.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

loved the Funkman reference, i was saying that the second i heard Laurenitis' voice a few weeks ago. unfortunatelly the avg WWE fan aint on that LD shit so that line went flat.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

A Kid wrote:loved the Funkman reference, i was saying that the second i heard Laurenitis' voice a few weeks ago. unfortunatelly the avg WWE fan aint on that LD shit so that line went flat.
Punk said on Twitter that he's been calling Laurenitis "Funkman" for years.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

he looks kinda like super dave too

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

I agree, HHH's presence just has me waiting for the inevitable where he goes over everyone and becomes COO/World Champion/Leader Of The Lost Tribes of Israel/Willy fucking Wonka all rolled into one.

I'm kinda enjoying seeing some of Cena's lines fall flat. Yeah, Punk's references aren't getting picked up by the majority of fans at the show, but they're not intended to. Cena is clearly trying to appeal to the smarks in the crowd with referencing his workrate and "five moves of doom." But in 2011, smarks aren't going to shows...because of guys like Cena, so there's little to no reaction.

I still stand by my assertion that this angle is going against everything Vince stands for (as far as the wink and nod to the Internet fans) and he's somewhat hoping it fails so he can prove that he was right.

Then again, it's 2011...99% of wrestling fans are "internet wrestling fans" or smarks to some degree so those terms might need to be updated.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Kalel wrote:
A Kid wrote:loved the Funkman reference, i was saying that the second i heard Laurenitis' voice a few weeks ago. unfortunatelly the avg WWE fan aint on that LD shit so that line went flat.
Punk said on Twitter that he's been calling Laurenitis "Funkman" for years.
thats whats up, he def resembles him to a degree and the voice is almost dead on..first name that popped in my head when i first heard him.

elohim

Post by elohim »

I have a strong psychic feeling that Punk/Triple H align to form some sorta alliance like a new Corporation and screw Cena. Cena heel turn is just too fucking obvious at this point.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

Sylissez wrote:I still stand by my assertion that this angle is going against everything Vince stands for (as far as the wink and nod to the Internet fans) and he's somewhat hoping it fails so he can prove that he was right.
Apparently one of the original scripts for the Punk's return Raw called for Triple H laying him out with a Pedigree, setting up Alberto cashing in which would lead to Cena/ADR at Summerslam. I think Vince is continuing to resist this angle.

battlecatmeowstab212

So who's doing 'Summerslam' on Sunday?

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

elohim wrote:I have a strong psychic feeling that Punk/Triple H align to form some sorta alliance like a new Corporation and screw Cena. Cena heel turn is just too fucking obvious at this point.
I would be OK with this, as long as the Ice Cream bars return.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:So who's doing 'Summerslam' on Sunday?
I'll prolly stream it since I have no friends that are into wrestling.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

I'll prolly stream it since I have no friends

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Grantland with another great article about this whole angle

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/685 ... na-villain

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Anyone know where the PPV will be streaming online tonight?

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

R-Truth and Jimmy Hart!!!

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

And RonRon!!!!

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

That shit wasn't cool man.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

:ohsh: @ Kevin Nash