Game of Thrones - Season 4

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Tommy Bunz

Re: Game of Thrones - Season 4

Post by Tommy Bunz »

hustler wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:if a rape wasn't truly ever raped, was it every really a rape?
I'm one of the most qualified posters to speak on this. Ever since "the scene" aired I have maintained it was a clear cut #wetandmoaning situation and defs not rape. Go back and watch it again (I have multiple times), its subtle, but cersei is both a) wet -we know this due to the ease at which jamie penetrates her, no saliva or other lubrication was necessary (also shes crying, so..double wet) and b) moaning -she moans slightly in pleasure near the end, before that its mostly just heavy breathing. Also if we examine the history of their relationship, jamie and cersei have been engaging in intercourse for YEARS therefore making it impossible for a true rape to occur.

Another compelling piece of evidence which supports my case (as if the #wetandmoaning defense wasn't overwhelming enough on its own) is the fact that cersei actually initiates things by kissing jamie. by kissing him, by initiating the physical affection, she is giving jamie the green light to have his way with her. what else is a man supposed to think, when the woman who he has been regularly fucking for years starts kissing him?

A point of contention arises when we examine the dialogue they have. Cersei says things like "stop it" and "its not right." Imo, the "stop it" was her kneejerk reaction, the token resistance most females give before lovemaking happens in an inappropriate/public locale. the "its not right" is in reference to the fact that they are having sex in a holy room next to their dead child. jamie does the right thing by ignoring the things her mouth is saying, and instead paying attention to the resounding "YES" that her body is saying.

FINAL VERDICT: CONSENSUAL AKA NOT RAPE.
I'm not going to delete this, but consider this a warning, any of this P&B type bullshit getting dragged into CYE in the future will be deleted on sight.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Can we talk about how it's diverted from the books? Or still use spoiler tags?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I would like to know whats different from the books, to be clear just what happened in the show that was not in the books.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

^pls use the tags, what SK said threw off another one of my theories. i'll probably click anyway but just for legal purposes uno
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

alpha

Post by alpha »

well here's a link to an EW blog from a faggot and some chick discussing the differences.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/28/game- ... athkeeper/

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Don't discuss the books in here. Start a separate thread. Thanks.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

WTF DID I DO

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Don't discuss the books in here. Start a separate thread. Thanks.
So do we need to start a new separate thread to discuss the book but with no spoilers for people who haven't read the books and just have certain questions for book readers...? This is kinda getting outta hand.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

The only way to make this thread a safe place is to draw a hard line and say no book discussion.
Some people might want clarification on things but others do not. Most of us do not give a single fuck about what happened in the books.
This is a TV show discussion thread. If you have a question for a book reader, than ask a book reader privately.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

seen. fair nuff. Back to show - the whole taking the babies and turning em into walkers (presumably), kinda wondering if that's how all white walkers are created. Do they have to be babies? I just can't remember if the zombies (whites?) have the blue eyes too...from what I recall, they're two different things. Also, in most zombie-esque cases, they wouldn't age, especially if these walkers have supposedly been sleeping for thousands of years, so are the babies supposed to grow up? Clarification/speculation? Also also, that baby was fucking creepy as fuck... :err:

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Book differences are unambiguously spoilers. If, for instance, you knew that the 'Dany's dragon eggs get stolen" subplot was absent from the books, you'd know that it must resolve itself with the safe return of the eggs.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

siLLy KiD wrote:seen. fair nuff. Back to show - the whole taking the babies and turning em into walkers (presumably), kinda wondering if that's how all white walkers are created. Do they have to be babies? I just can't remember if the zombies (whites?) have the blue eyes too...from what I recall, they're two different things. Also, in most zombie-esque cases, they wouldn't age, especially if these walkers have supposedly been sleeping for thousands of years, so are the babies supposed to grow up? Clarification/speculation? Also also, that baby was fucking creepy as fuck... :err:

the zombies did have blue eyes. i don't know how this speaks to the internal consistency of the ice satan/undead horde phenomenon though.

so if you're anything like me you began to cheer for the mutineers before they were reintroduced -- i mean they killed a creepy dude who fucks his daughters and exposes his newborns sons. so maybe that's why they went overboard (in a good way) in making the mutineer ringleader evil as fuck. i remember thinking this guy was super creepy the episode he first appeared in but skull goblet & violent rape promotion are really pushing it. i can't wait for jon snow to show up and teach him about women's lib.
1. Nas
2. Drake

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

regarding the white walkers- considering that GOT exists in a world of magic and other things that defy what we normally assume are how the/our world works, im not sure if we can assume that other "zombie" requirements apply to how they do or don't age, etc. white walkers can be killed with some old school arrowheads not by being stabbed or shot through the brain so i'd say its safe to assume that the white walkers will kinda be a product of whatever parameters martin decided to impose on them

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Sorry, but this one is just too funny.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio ... ?CMP=fb_gu
I turned to my husband and said: “No one at HBO remembers the visual impact of slavery, I guess?” It was at that moment I decided to stop watching it.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

none of this is book spoilers, just things inferred from the small bits of info you've gotten in the show:

white walkers and their zombies are differnt things, but both have blue eyes. pretty much any dead body in the white walker zone, north of the wall, turns into a zombie unless it is burned. the zombies seem to retain a very small amount of their memories, if any, and do not seem to act with independent agency. it's likely that hte white walkers know to control the zombies, somehow. the only way to destroy one of the zombies is with fire.

white walkers are also presumably afraid of fire but so far we only know definitively that they can be killed with obsidian (dragon glass). they are fully sentient and intelligent and act with independent agency. nobody knows if they were really asleep for 10000 years or were merely out of sight somewhere way far north and are just now starting to rally south. the wildlings seem to treat them as a common and constant presence.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^i may have missed this detail but how do we know what everyone who dies north of the wall automatically becomes a zombie?
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Sorry, but this one is just too funny.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio ... ?CMP=fb_gu
I turned to my husband and said: “No one at HBO remembers the visual impact of slavery, I guess?” It was at that moment I decided to stop watching it.
let's set aside the clumsy direction of the jaime/cersei scene for a moment. in the mutineer's case, the rampant raping is shown to convince us how depraved and psychotic these people are. it's not endorsing rape, but quite the opposite. so is the argument that something like this shouldn't ever be shown on an adult program? i say if you don't like it go watch teletubbies
Though I had given up, I decided to watch the last two episodes to place the sexual violence in context
oh ok you just like to complain
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^i may have missed this detail but how do we know what everyone who dies north of the wall automatically becomes a zombie?
note every wildling's very very very strong insistence on burning every dead body

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

yeah good point. it could still be that it's not automatic still but buried bodies are a liability -- but combined with the fact that we saw the two corpses turn into ice zombies (i think in season 1) i'm inclined to agree with you.

i am a bit confused about the information they have in castle black. from jon snow they've accepted that:

-there's a huge army of wildlings coming
-there is a small group of wildlings south of the wall

but they haven't mentioned the elephant in the room, that being the massive undead horde. The mutineers know about this. I can't remember if jon snow does. But sam definitely does, and he knows how to kill them. Why hasn't he opened his chubby little trap yet??
1. Nas
2. Drake

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Sam has, nobody believes him.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Though I had given up, I decided to watch the last two episodes to place the sexual violence in context
oh ok you just like to complain
Also lol at selectively choosing parts of works to criticize and then claim you did so for 'context'. "Oh, I heard there was some animal cruelty in Moby Dick, so I read the chapter where Ahab stabs the whale. How cruel!"
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^lol
Ramen wrote:Sam has, nobody believes him.
did jon snow not see them? some others definitely did but they may still be with the mutineers. what happened to those two bros who ditched the fat kid?
1. Nas
2. Drake

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

i could be way off because I haven't re-watched the first couple of seasons, but I thought (based on some of the recent dialogue this season) that the nights watch was well aware of the white walkers. i thought that was why they guarded the wall. or do they guard the wall mostly from the wildlings?

they explained that they had to go to caster's location where the fake willem dafoe and them are so that they could kill them to prevent them from informing the wildlings that the nightswatch only has about 100 men instead of thousands

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

totally a fugazi willem dafoe.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

samdoom wrote:i could be way off because I haven't re-watched the first couple of seasons, but I thought (based on some of the recent dialogue this season) that the nights watch was well aware of the white walkers. i thought that was why they guarded the wall. or do they guard the wall mostly from the wildlings?
Night's Watch is a remnant of the old tradition that now mainly serves as a ex-convict colony. Some of the more hardcore and seasoned rangers have a pretty good idea of what's out there, but most of the Brothers are basically dumb dregs of society who think wildlings are unorganized savages that aren't a serious threat and the white walkers haven't really existed for thousands of years.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

gotcha. thanks for the clarification.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Philaflava wrote:totally a fugazi willem dafoe.
:lol: I thought the exact same thing.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^lol
Ramen wrote:Sam has, nobody believes him.
did jon snow not see them? some others definitely did but they may still be with the mutineers. what happened to those two bros who ditched the fat kid?
I think once he mentioned he killed one with a piece of dragon glass everyone hit him with the Larry David.
Gilly could confirm it but they would rather rape her then listen to her probably.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

damn, little finger popped this whole shit off.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Arya stays gettin sonned by The Hound.

Also, some really good killings in this one. Lil Bran Bran forcing PTSD on Hodor was a good look, and who doesn't love a sword through the back of the skull and out the mouth?

hustler

Post by hustler »

dude got skullfucked
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex