Game of Thrones - Season 4

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

siLLy KiD

Re: Game of Thrones - Season 4

Post by siLLy KiD »

Ramen wrote:damn, little finger popped this whole shit off.
Yah....that shit kinda threw me off...So basically, if that were the case - I guess Little Finger put John Arryn on the incest tip and had him start digging so all the pieces would be there for Ned to pick up and had everything planned to a tee..even up to this point in time. So his ability to be able to predict shit so well is pretty fucking incredible, and almost kinda unbelievable for me...I feel there should be some sort of inconsistency in the story so far with that, but looking back, i guess all the pieces fit. With a character like that though pulling on all the strings, he now seems much more like a serious/dangerous contender for the throne; especially with so many repetitive lines about his m.o., "wanting anything and everything" etc. Fuckin Balish man...

Really intrigued about Brand and the tree now though...I think that shit's gonna get really interesting. It better at least lol. Seeing warg-Hordor in action was fucking amazing too, and hopefully the first of many.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Little fingers accent is terrible

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Tyrion's accent is easily as bad as Little Fingers. Its more consistent but seems to have been learned by watching americans do english accents in films ala when people think scottish ppl sound like pirates.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Show has an uncanny ability to flip peoples perceptions of characters on short notice.
Cercei has gone from total cunt to smart and heartfelt and shit over the course of a single episode. No small feat. Breaking Bad tried to get us to think Skylar wasn't a cunt for six years without success.
Littlefinger going to kill his new wife in the next couple episodes for sure.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Larry2times wrote:Tyrion's accent is easily as bad as Little Fingers. Its more consistent but seems to have been learned by watching americans do english accents in films ala when people think scottish ppl sound like pirates.
I think they're both pretty poor british accents, but for a Westeros accent i feel they're both uncanny.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I know Cersei out here thinking she's playing chess after that talk with Tywin but I'm sure next episode pops going to show her shes been playing go fish.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

as long as she continues to have screen time who cares. i am a sucker for that pouty smile of hers.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

^ Truth.

Had a theory that the Iron Bank will back Stannis in his war against the Lannisters as they now owe too much and their financial future is in trouble. No idea if there's any truth to this, but what I do gather (true detective work) is that the Iron Bank will increase in importance over the coming episodes.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Show has an uncanny ability to flip peoples perceptions of characters on short notice.
Cercei has gone from total cunt to smart and heartfelt and shit over the course of a single episode. No small feat. Breaking Bad tried to get us to think Skylar wasn't a cunt for six years without success.
Littlefinger going to kill his new wife in the next couple episodes for sure.
I think this is going to prove temporary though. My read on Cersei's change in approach was that she was adapting to the new power structure and also kissing up to all three judges, directly and indirectly, for tyrion's trial. by making amends with margery she gets to be on good terms with father tyrell, and she also went and spoke with her father and oberyn. i'm sure if she doesn't get the outcome she is seeking she will quickly turn back into a cunt.
Yohan wrote:Had a theory that the Iron Bank will back Stannis in his war against the Lannisters as they now owe too much and their financial future is in trouble. No idea if there's any truth to this, but what I do gather (true detective work) is that the Iron Bank will increase in importance over the coming episodes.
this will probably turn into more than a theory based on the preview for next week, davos' letter to the iron bank, and the scene where tywin is explaining how broke the lannisters are.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

really hope people don't miss the significance of this

that little exchange between him and Lysa pretty much explained a good half of the inciting incidents that started this whole show
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^Yeah...that scene was one of those "So, this is me explaining everything to you all in an average conversation" things that shitty movies do to cut corners. I'm not mad at it but it felt weird that he just basically gave a rundown of the entire show to Lysa, who already knew all that shit.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

it's actually just as awkward in the book iirc correctly, just a huge wad of exposition dropped in to clear it all up - O BTW BAE REMEMBER WHEN I PUT THAT SHIT IN MY HUSBAND'S DRINK LIKE YOU TOLD ME TO AND THEN WROTE TO MY SISTER SAYING LANNISTERS DID IT LIKE YOU TOLD ME TO SO LETS FUCK!

but at the same time, it's funny that they devoted a good 10 mins to 'who killed joffrey for dummies' which was already fairly obvious, but this 'clutch piece of lil finga is behind everything' info that nobody could've guessed was dumped into a quick 2 sentences

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

drizzle wrote:
really hope people don't miss the significance of this

that little exchange between him and Lysa pretty much explained a good half of the inciting incidents that started this whole show
It was said early on in the show that he was "The Most Dangerous Man in Westeros" and that shit is definitely true.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

drizzle wrote:it's actually just as awkward in the book iirc correctly, just a huge wad of exposition dropped in to clear it all up - O BTW BAE REMEMBER WHEN I PUT THAT SHIT IN MY HUSBAND'S DRINK LIKE YOU TOLD ME TO AND THEN WROTE TO MY SISTER SAYING LANNISTERS DID IT LIKE YOU TOLD ME TO SO LETS FUCK!

but at the same time, it's funny that they devoted a good 10 mins to 'who killed joffrey for dummies' which was already fairly obvious, but this 'clutch piece of lil finga is behind everything' info that nobody could've guessed was dumped into a quick 2 sentences
I can kinda see that, but at the same time, i let out a very loud "OH SHIT!" during that scene. So hopefully, they did get the job done.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Im trying to figure out what his plans intentionally were. I'd have to think he wasn't acting alone(he was on the Lannister's payroll), unless he thought he would get Cat's cat. Kind of a crazy plan just to get some pussy tho.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

I'm really not sure, he seems to mostly just start shit and take advantage of the fallout and it's hard to figure out what has happened according to his plan and what just happened chaotically and he took advantage of it. He was def trying to sow strife and weaken the crown by brining Ned down South, he def wanted Ned gone, but there's no way he could've predicted that Cat would capture the midget by accident and thus start world war thrones. I think his main goal is just advancing his own ambition as far as he can. He had some pots on the stove simmering for a while and some other shit seems cooked up in the moment, but I don't know if he has any definitive step by step agenda that he's following in the long term.

Varys on the other hand is def playing some insane long con that we probably won't even see the results of till the very end. Even in the books you only get a tiny fraction of an idea of what he might possibly be up to. That scene where Arya overhears him scheming shit in season 1 might end up one of the most important things in the whole story.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Can we get a recap of that please? (the shit Arya overhears). I vaguely remember. I think they've made it pretty clear tho what Little Finger's MO is - he wants everything. He wants to sit on the throne and control everything and have all the power and all the money.

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

as a non book reader the end point seems to be bran mind controlling dragons to kill ice zombies and lil' fing ends up king after everyone else is dead.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

I feel like being THE king is not exactly Lil Finga's style. He is too subtle for that, direct action is not his mo. It seems like wants to be a power, but not necessarily to be the man. Just the guy controlling the man while also having all the money and titles that go with it, ala Tywin.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

"Give me the fortune, keep the fame," said my man Finga
His wife agreed, know what he mean because they live the truest lie
He asked why we follow the law of the bluest faced guy?
Her son looked at him, he thought about her titts, and was like, "I'm clueless, why?"

PEACE

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Yeah I don't see Baelish looking to take the throne. Interesting to see what his plans are with Sansa, obviously marry her but I doubt the Lannisters will have that with her being the key to the North and also wanted for her presumable involvement in the kings death

I have to go back and rewatch from the start, fuck this show.
Last edited by Ramen on Wed May 07, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Ramen wrote:Interesting to see what his plans are with Sansa, obviously marry her but I doubt the Lannisters will have that with her being the key to the North and also wanted for her presumable involvement in the kings death.
Keep in mind that when he brought her to the Irie, he introduced her as his niece. Only Lysa knows who she really is.

alpha

Post by alpha »

lmao at drizz's post being put into spoilers in the middle of the page.

Really hope the dragons make an appearance again soon.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

wtf there isn't remotely a spoiler there. i can't spoil something i don't know

alpha

Post by alpha »

Why I pointed it out bro

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

drizzle wrote:
Ramen wrote:Interesting to see what his plans are with Sansa, obviously marry her but I doubt the Lannisters will have that with her being the key to the North and also wanted for her presumable involvement in the kings death.
Keep in mind that when he brought her to the Irie, he introduced her as his niece. Only Lysa knows who she really is.
Yeah I'm aware, but that's just to keep her safe no? I mean she's basically useless, what good is she without the Stark name. As long as the Lannisters are alive I don't see how she's anything more than pussy.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Well, pussy yea, but Sticky Finga is a complicated twisted dude, I think there's a trophy quality here for him that goes beyond simple desire to sex or marry her. This is the progeny of his love and the hated dude who stole her away, and now he got that dude killed and his love is gone and he's riding on top of the world while having this trophy completely in his control... The paternal/sexual/ownership aspects are all twisted together into a fucked up mix, and that combo is the real boner for him imo.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Re: the spoiler, you're dancing around minor spoilers just by clarifying stuff that we couldn't possibly know by watching the show.
You're bringing up what Varis is up to, who isn't even in this season really, and giving us a rough timeline for what he's up to. Even saying you don't know what someone's endgame yet means that its not decided by the most recent book. Just by saying that shit you are unintentionally telling us certain people are alive for the next few seasons of the show.
Not trying to step on toes here, but its hard for non-book readers to know how harmless the little notes you're giving are, and the vast majority of the people in this thread don't want any clarifications whatsoever, and have been vocal about it for 4 seasons now.
Let us speculate. Don't tell us what is right and wrong, don't tell us what to pay attention to. It all takes away from the experience of watching the show ignorantly.

I've brought up the Lost argument before, but think of how much fun would've been ruined if someone was constantly clarifying what Ben's motivations were and shit.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I can see that. I'm just trying to envision how this furthers his agenda.

Lysa seems like her crazy ass is just going to be a headache down the line but he can't just kill her right? The way Littlefinger appeared timid walking thru the bloody gate I'd assume the soldiers still hold their alliance to Lysa, if it's that hard to get in it would be impossible to get out.