Podcasts Recommendations

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

nov. 9th was one of the best best shows of 2010 & the wurster call was one of the GOAT imo. listen to the whole shit

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

New Jerry Minor Podcast - Cyber Thug Radio with Cyber Thug and Miles Archer.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/episode- ... ver-begins

first episode was very enjoyable

vikingsfan

Post by vikingsfan »

Red bar radio is by far the funniest podcast on the internet... give it a try

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Just interviewed Scott Aukerman

http://syffal.com/scott-aukerman-comedy-death-ray

been talking with Seth and Jonathan from Comedy Death Ray, we are interviewing them tomorrow

and Jerry Minor aka Cyber Thug is putting together some webcam interview shit for us

Podcasts son!

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

Earwolf is killing shit right now. They are premiering 2-3 new shows this week.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Radio Raheem wrote:Earwolf is killing shit right now. They are premiering 2-3 new shows this week.
cyber thug radio is great. just dl'ed who charted.

cant reallly fuck with the sklar bros

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

Who Charted, isn't bad but I'm pretty sure they bit the entire concept from SYFFAL's Trending Topics. Just sayin'

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Radio Raheem wrote:Who Charted, isn't bad but I'm pretty sure they bit the entire concept from SYFFAL's Trending Topics. Just sayin'
but these days who isnt? you know?

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Interviewed seth and jonathan from Uhh Yeah Dude

http://syffal.com/interview-uhh-yeah-dude

Funkdoobiest

Post by Funkdoobiest »

Kevin Smith's new podcast SMoviemakers - currently listening to the Edgar Wright one, it's excellent.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

better than smodcast?

Panama

Post by Panama »

ALASKA wrote:
Radio Raheem wrote:Earwolf is killing shit right now. They are premiering 2-3 new shows this week.

:naswtf: Did you ever peep their show Cheap Seats ?

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

I think Joe Rogan's podcast has become my favorite, mostly due to them generally discussing more interesting topics than others.

WTF with Marc Maron is pretty consistent and he gets some great guests. It's fun because Marc is so crazy.

Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast can be great too. He goes on some classic rants.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Oh, also Tom Green's new podcast from the smodcastle is really good, and has been getting some great guests.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

the second episode of who charted was much better than the first.

ADR

Post by ADR »

ObeseJesus wrote:I think Joe Rogan's podcast has become my favorite, mostly due to them generally discussing more interesting topics than others.

WTF with Marc Maron is pretty consistent and he gets some great guests. It's fun because Marc is so crazy.

Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast can be great too. He goes on some classic rants.
The best Joe Rogan Experience episodes are the ones with Duncan Trussel as a guest.

Bill Burr's shit is okay but he's more interesting as a stand-up comedian. I would rather him work those rants into stage material than haphazard podcasts.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

we interviewed Scott Aukerman's ex-step father Bob Ducca, who might be the funniest character on CDR

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

El Rey wrote:The best Joe Rogan Experience episodes are the ones with Duncan Trussel as a guest.
nice. never heard rogan's podcast.. but i'll check now
duncan trussel is hilarious & basically a little crazy w/ all the conspiracy/drug/spirituality shit. i'm sure that works as a good combo w/ rogan
duncan's podcast is good too (the lavander hour).. it's just hit or miss sometimes because his girlfriend (natasha leggero) can get pretty annoying. the episode with tim heidecker is one of my faves
ALASKA wrote:we interviewed Scott Aukerman's ex-step father Bob Ducca, who might be the funniest character on CDR
i completely disagree.. not a big fan at all. but ya know.. people like different things :lol:
brett gelman getting banned are some of my fave bits (but it's not quite a character i guess)

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

ackbar wrote:
El Rey wrote:The best Joe Rogan Experience episodes are the ones with Duncan Trussel as a guest.
nice. never heard rogan's podcast.. but i'll check now
duncan trussel is hilarious & basically a little crazy w/ all the conspiracy/drug/spirituality shit. i'm sure that works as a good combo w/ rogan
duncan's podcast is good too (the lavander hour).. it's just hit or miss sometimes because his girlfriend (natasha leggero) can get pretty annoying. the episode with tim heidecker is one of my faves
ALASKA wrote:we interviewed Scott Aukerman's ex-step father Bob Ducca, who might be the funniest character on CDR
i completely disagree.. not a big fan at all. but ya know.. people like different things :lol:
brett gelman getting banned are some of my fave bits (but it's not quite a character i guess)
my top 5 favorite CDR Characters

5. Cake Boss
4. Ice T
3. Chupacabra
2. Bob Ducca
1. Jesse Ventura.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i'm a religious podcast listener, especially with being a stay-at-home dad with the newborn and having my stay-at-home wifey tolerate or like everything i listen to which helps, lots of listening time on my hands

here are the 7 i dl everyday and i'm ranking em in order of how much i listen to em

tied for first: the adam carolla show and doug loves movies
3. espn: bs report with bill simmons (will skip if it's a wack guest or if i'm not in the mood to hear sports talk as i'm inundated with that anyway)
4. pod f. tompkast (paul f tompkins is hilarious and this podcast is no exception. love how he opens up every one with that lounge piano playing in the background. his whole style is grandiose in a comically awesome way.)
tied for 5th: sklarbro country, kevin pollak's chat show, and this week with larry miller

i really only listen to choice guests on these shows and only listened to twwlm a few times though he has some funny stories
i listen to (and have listened to) EVERY SINGLE adam carolla and doug benson i love movies turned doug loves movies podcasts. every one. when doug has the right guests, that pcast is unfuckwithable. and i personally love carolla's rants and improv style plus the show's bits are funny.

actually now that i think of it technically i've listened to every pod f tompkast but there have only been 6 of em cuz he does it monthly or longer...he's hilarious...the fake phone calls where he impersonates ice-t and andrew lloyd weber having a conversation is unbelievably awesome
Nets 2022

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

Why did Cyber Thug disappear from Earwolf? The website has nearly erased all mention of it.

The second episode where they tried to make Jerry O'Connell call Suge Knight a retard and then read Ghostface lyrics was gold.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Sorry to be all self promotey but reggie and i started a new podcast called The SYFFAL Six Pack

http://www.syffal.com/syffal-six-pack-vol-1

let me know what you think

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

^good shit. dig the concept/dug the execution. more drinking shows need to exist. last bit about blackhead was great. will continue to check

this how did this get made? podcast just started, but the first one about burlesque was pretty good. will continue to check as well
moved by duck muscles

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

ALASKA wrote:Sorry to be all self promotey but reggie and i started a new podcast called The SYFFAL Six Pack

I like it. Reggie sounds like Dave Jacoby from the BS Report or the killer from Silence of the Lamb.

I kept waiting to hear "TJ Lavin puts the lotion on his skin."

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Panama wrote:
ALASKA wrote:

:naswtf: Did you ever peep their show Cheap Seats ?
Got turned on to these guys when they filled in for Jim Rome, real funny.

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

I dont fuck with any podcasts except the Ricky Gervais show. I dled all the podcasts and just listen to them when I drive, shit is hilarious. It really should be the Karl Pilkington show, dude is a genius.

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

I'm not sure that I could recommend this podcast generally but this episode of Grandma's Virginity very entertaining. The guest is Dino Stamatopolous who is the writer/creator of Moral Orel and is Starburns on Community. He regales the hosts (and listeners) with tales of S&M exploits that would make Masked Terror blush.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0gmruez4hzdramz

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Snuggles the DESTROYER wrote:
ALASKA wrote:Sorry to be all self promotey but reggie and i started a new podcast called The SYFFAL Six Pack

I like it. Reggie sounds like Dave Jacoby from the BS Report or the killer from Silence of the Lamb.

I kept waiting to hear "TJ Lavin puts the lotion on his skin."
:rofl:

"Tim you killed it."

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

zombiepodcast.com

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

For people who don't use itunes but still auto-subscribe to podcast feeds through your music player, what do you use?

Songbird is slow and buggy, I eventually got annoyed with MediaMonkey's UI, and Helium is kinda awesome for everything except for podcasts (don't think it has the functionality).