83rd Academy Award Nominees

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Andvil wrote:
Why the hell did Hailee Steinfeld get nominated for Supporting? She's in True Grit more than Jeff Bridges is. Seems kind of like a slap in the face, or just a case of them honoring Bridges more because he's Jeff Bridges. Just give them both a lead nomination
This really irritated me too. THERE IS NO MOVIE WITHOUT HER. It's like when HJO got a "supporting" nom for 'Sixth Sense.' Ageist Academy.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I have only seen one nominated movie. :lol:

Exit Through The Gift Shop.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

That movie is nothing but crap and hype, with a little more hype than crap.

Thun

Post by Thun »

The King's Speech is a horrible fucking movie, and I deserve to burn in hell for watching it.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote: ג€œTheyג€™d never get away with this in an American film.ג€ She was referring to a scene involving a young boy of about seven cursing (with a rather impressive vocabulary)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMQTp9GBqdM?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMQTp9GBqdM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Thun wrote:The King's Speech is a horrible fucking movie, and I deserve to burn in hell for watching it.
I didn't like it too much either. I mean, I didn't think it was horrible.....just don't get all the hype behind it.

I just felt like I was watching a vehicle for acting.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Thun wrote:The King's Speech is a horrible fucking movie, and I deserve to burn in hell for watching it.
I didn't like it too much either. I mean, I didn't think it was horrible.....just don't get all the hype behind it.

I just felt like I was watching a vehicle for acting.
Well I don't think any of its elements were necessarily horrible, but the experience of watching it was.

Patches O'Houlihan

Post by Patches O'Houlihan »

^ what the hell is so wrong with it, not exactly great pace but a good movie overall, more so about the acting although I do like the cinematography as well but not over Inception or social network.

I assume Social network will win BP just based on relevance to society its also a pretty fucking great movie.

-Bale hands down
-Portman for actress
-Sorkin for screenplay
-Ill say Firth for best actor but i havent seen 127 hrs which im sure franco is great, no way eisenberg since garfield is better than him the whole movie, kinda gives me hope for the new spiderman movies
-supporting actress i dunno, havent seen true grit but I dont like anyone else winning it
-Toy story 3, they should just give them the oscar now
-directing can go to fincher, he has made tremendous movies in the past and this is no exception, besides that what the oscars are about anyway, but dammmn there must be some hate for chistopher nolan I mean two years now he is snuffed, Im not saying he should win but at least nominate the guy he is a top 5 director right now
-Documentary is easy "Restrepo" just watch the first 5 minutes and youll be hooked, and change your pants.
-Music score, Im kinda upset cause im sure Reznor will win but Hans Zimmer scores the fuck outta inception I mean that music doesnt let up at all, completely absorbs you in the film, same as Dark knight, just haunting!

Def weird with Tron I agree, whole movie is practically CGI, which for the other categories kinda puts Alice ahead of them all no? I mean its all computer

my two cents
A new era has begun and it goes by the numbers 1,3,6

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

I still need to see The King's Speech I guess, kinda.

As far as playing retard for Oscar bait goes, I just have a lot of trouble getting worked up over a speech impediment.

That, and I'm generally apathetic toward British period dramas (even if set in 1925).

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

^^ that's my main problem with the movie. I thought it was really good but I have a real problem feeling sympathetic towards a KING who is embarrased cause he stammers. Eat an extinct animal, brush your teeth with pure gold and shut up

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

:rofl:

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Spartan wrote::rofl:

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

The King's Speech isn't gonna win best film but Colin Firth is pretty much a shoe-in for Best Actor. It's "his time" in oscar speak, just like it was jeff bridges's "time" last go-around.

I happened to enjoy the movie immensely. It's a period piece with excellent performances. It's not worthy of being given exceptional accolades, because it's acting as the same formulaic example the Academy needs to put in the pile every year.

year before it was an education, the year before it was the reader, then atonement, the queen, etc.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

don't group the queen with the rest of that shit, Mirren and Frears are both head and shoulders above the rest of these faggots
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo