The Newsroom (new HBO Sorkin show) gets shitted on

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

I have no idea how someone has enough time on their hands to do a mash-up like that, but I'm glad it was done.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

ric

Post by ric »

citizen wrote:well he really does do the same kind of stories with the same kind of characters in slightly different settings
oh ok. havent seen enough material

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Turned this off about halfway through last night. Will always be a WW fan, but this shit is wack. Can't take it.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

munn titties yet?
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

apparently there were muunn titties in magic fangtasia grind movie
http://d1nx6mcwdpv1xd.cloudfront.net/im ... BeTrue.jpg
pumps and some crunk
moved by duck muscles

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i cant be the only one that thinks she looks wildly cunty

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Wow, this show is horrible. Like Popeye, I turned this off halfway. Fuck this shit.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Second episode wasn't nearly as entertaining as the first.
Guun wrote:<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S78RzZr3IwI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S78RzZr3IwI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

this is pretty ridiculous..

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2012/06/sup ... -something

also :rofl: at the comment: "Aaron Sorkin is Tyler Perry for liberal arts majors"
Tough to watch. That being said, I'm sure one of these could be done for David Simon and he's probably the best TV writer of the past decade. I think that a lot of the time writers do this type of thing more out of cockiness than unoriginality. It's like a nerdy version of a tag.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Wouldn't this be the same as showing all the explosions from Michael Bay or something? Also, some of those are every day language uses, it would be like putting together a bunch of "uhs" and "ah"..

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Viewership dropped by 20% for the second episode. The most dramatic drop was viewers under 50. I'd be surprised if this isn't HBO's version of a one-and-done (read: cancelled after the second season).

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

2nd ep. fell the fuck off. I didn't mind the pilot with all its idealistic preachiness. But this one I found annoying as fuck. Really don't give a shit about anyone else but Macavoy. Sorkins sucks. There will be no 2nd season

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

It was renewed today.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

^^^word. HBO keeps its "friendly to artists" rep by giving folks two seasons. They announce the second season immediately after the first ep airs cuz it gets some press and makes it look like they're really excited about the show. All smoke and mirrors though.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

To put it in perspective: Enlightened has gotten renewed.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Guun wrote:also :rofl: at the comment: "Aaron Sorkin is Tyler Perry for liberal arts majors"
Blockhead wrote:To put it in perspective: Enlightened has gotten renewed.
:rofl: / :copy:

Horrible show.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

3rd episode was better then the 2nd, but still not good.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

I read somewhere that Gideon Yago co-wrote the 3rd ep?

ric

Post by ric »

ric wrote:
citizen wrote:well he really does do the same kind of stories with the same kind of characters in slightly different settings
oh ok. havent seen enough material
i bought moneyball cause its a good movie. watched it the other night, saw sorkin as co-writer on the credits. very glad he CO wrote this previously-a-book movie. very glad indeed.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

This will be my shame of the year:

I am wholly invested in this show now. On a lark I decided to watch the pilot OnDemand and I ended up watching all the way to the fifth episode. And I tuned in on Sunday.

I have transitioned to full-fledged fagatron.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Employee wrote:This will be my shame of the year:

I am wholly invested in this show now. On a lark I decided to watch the pilot OnDemand and I ended up watching all the way to the fifth episode. And I tuned in on Sunday.

I have transitioned to full-fledged fagatron.
Real life :rofl:

In your defense though, at least you know enough to be embarrassed about it.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I was wondering when a thread about this show would come up. And I'm not surprised everyone here has shitted on it and said its horrible. Hell, I enjoy it. Only problem I had with it was the over-indulgence of information by some of the characters. Other than that, pretty solid, IMO.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ardamus wrote:I was wondering when a thread about this show would come up. And I'm not surprised everyone here has shitted on it and said its horrible. Hell, I enjoy it. Only problem I had with it was the over-indulgence of information by some of the characters. Other than that, pretty solid, IMO.
Bro, that's like one of the main reasons to tune in. The fucking dialogue is hilarious. Episode three, the anti-tea party jawn, is comedy gold.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Oh I know its the strong point of the show. I just think once they scaled back on that from time to time, the show got better. Like the dude from Slumdog Millionaire, they take an episode to make fun of why he talk so annoyingly fast about information he's filled with when he was saying there might be evidence of Bigfoot being out there. And McAvoy smoking some medical and acting all off-center. Had they have gone too much with everyone always being on point with these random ass points they know that turns out to be extensively long ass dialogue parts, this show would be in trouble.

Charlie is the most entertaining character. Skinny ass drunk CEO who's old as hell and acts real gritty when it comes down to it.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I realize this show show is self indulgent and flawed but I like it a lot.
I also don't follow politics at all so I'm more enamored by the "how a newsroom works" angle than anything else.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Blockhead wrote:I realize this show show is self indulgent and flawed but I like it a lot.

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

I like the show, but I didn't enjoy the last episode. I don't give a shit about that young white couple. They are really pushing that storyline often

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

still illiterate wrote:I like the show, but I didn't enjoy the last episode. I don't give a shit about that young white couple. They are really pushing that storyline often
That's one of Sorkin's trademarks, bro. If anything I'd expect that arc to carry over well into season two. Especially since Jim wants to "try again" with Lisa.

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Employee wrote:
still illiterate wrote:I like the show, but I didn't enjoy the last episode. I don't give a shit about that young white couple. They are really pushing that storyline often
That's one of Sorkin's trademarks, bro. If anything I'd expect that arc to carry over well into season two. Especially since Jim wants to "try again" with Lisa.
Lisa is the one with nice breasts? I like the one with nice breasts

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

still illiterate wrote:
Employee wrote:
Lisa is the one with nice breasts? I like the one with nice breasts
Get with this game, bro:

Maggie = Weird-faced apple-head in a relationship with Don who not so secretly pines for Jim

Lisa = Maggie's beak-nosed pseudo-thickums roommate/gal pal who Don fixed up with Jim

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Don >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>