Game Of Thrones S5

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: Game Of Thrones S5

Post by capable_keL »

Ramen wrote:If you die you become a wight, the show hasn't said how one becomes a white walker.

bites don't mean shit, the giant was getting bit by the wights.
The giant might become a thyck wight?
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

:lol: not sure if you were slow playing that one or not but well fucking done.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

There we go! Finally, things happen! Arya is almost not boring! Tyrion and Daenarys have some fun scenes in spite of their accents! ! No Dorne! And we get like fifteen minutes of signature GoT Awesome Shit™ without them cheaply killing off Jon Snow! A++ episode good pacing would watch again
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

alpha

Post by alpha »

The Afronaut wrote:World War G...(oT)
got that vibe more than walking dead. even the cersei shit didn't suck. top notch episode.

Post by 907 »

So maybe a book reader can clear this up, how do some dead become wights and others become zombie sprinters?

I don't think anyone can "become" a white walker, aren't they a whole other race of beings?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

binary

Post by binary »

Ramen wrote:The Lord of Bones getting completely fucking washed was awesome too.
This, shit was vintage. great episode, finally.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

white walkers gank human babies and transform them into ice demons like them. it was in season 2 or something.

the battle was cool, wasn't shot as well as blackwater imo. seeing the 4 horsemen up there on the mountain was a creepy ass image. i liked the way the giant was shot with the high angles etc. hope duke can swim.

see the thing about jsno is he never pusses out. never takes the safe bet. #1 hitta in the game.

lol at anyone falling for the rope a dope with the wildling chick. sympathetic character whose name we don't learn. "i'm right behind you girls". no way is she making it out that ep. the zombie kid with no eyes was fucking creepy too, they should have held the shot on his sockets for an uncomfortably long time.

low key highlights from this ep:
-thorkill giantsbane going ham on the masterboner
-cersei sucking dirt water off the floor
-tyrion+danerys heart2heart

confirmed for ep9+10:
-jorah screaming at khaleesi "are you not entertained"
-frankenmountain rampage
-imo khaleesi will burn all the masters+jorah
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

ps. anyone else get distracted by all the wildling extras wearing the exact same winter camo?
1. Nas
2. Drake

Versive

Post by Versive »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:white walkers gank human babies and transform them into ice demons like them. it was in season 2 or something.
But also the leader fuck raised all the recently killed wildlings from the dead at the end of the episode, so there seem to be multiple ways to go white.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

i might be confusing the terminology. the way i see it there are zombies, & there are ice demons. there are like 4 or 5 demons we've seen. all the dead wildlings turned into zombies.

the same "come at me bro" demon is the one who creepily stared down one of castor's babies ithink at the end of s2. my take is that that's the only way to get on their level, otherwise you're a zombie.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Versive

Post by Versive »

Ah i see, and what about the ravenous dudes with the fucked up skin? Khaleedi's ex muscle got touched by one, and i guess stannis' daughter was born with the same condition... This zombie-related?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

That's greyscale.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

i havent read the books but i think the greyscale shit is completely separate from the white walkers and their zombie-based army. i was under the impression that to become the white demon walker with blue eyes variety, you had to have been specifically turned into one like when the leader turned the baby into it. perhaps there is a different process for converting someone while alive without killing them and then if the people get murdered by the white walkers they just turn into the zombies with blue eyes, but not official white walker demon types. does that make sense?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^yeah that's my understanding of it. anyway it's magic.

so now i'm thinking back to all the valerian swords we know about. jaime has one, then there's a small one that was sposed to be for joff. i'm assuming arya's lil piece is valerian. i guess ned (RIP) had one but where is it now? ok i think that's the one that tywin melted into two, then robb's is still out there somewhere. maybe bolton has it?

btw hobbit psycho is gonna go on a rampage on stannis. snuff his lil gull, probly run up in the red bitch raw.
1. Nas
2. Drake

alpha

Post by alpha »

Article at grant land clears this up a bit. Ask the maester

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^yeah that's my understanding of it. anyway it's magic.

so now i'm thinking back to all the valerian swords we know about. jaime has one, then there's a small one that was sposed to be for joff. i'm assuming arya's lil piece is valerian. i guess ned (RIP) had one but where is it now? ok i think that's the one that tywin melted into two, then robb's is still out there somewhere. maybe bolton has it?

btw hobbit psycho is gonna go on a rampage on stannis. snuff his lil gull, probly run up in the red bitch raw.
Tywin had Ned's sword melted down and forged into 2 new swords. One for Jamie which he gave to Brianne and one for Joff which now belongs to Tommen.
Robb never had one, Jon Snow has Long Claw which was given to him by the Lord Commander Jorahs pops.
There's more that belong to other houses you can wiki it there's no spoilers really.

Pencil or whatever the fuck Aryas little piece is called is not made from Valaryian Steel.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Needle is made from gender issues.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^lolol

so basically j.sno & brienne are rockin them rn. forgot jaime gave his away. too bad it's downsized, bich could definitely handle the full thing.

pretty solid tactical fuckup to lose the dragon glass imo. i duno if it's been mentioned but i suspect stannis might have one somehow.
1. Nas
2. Drake

alpha

Post by alpha »

you guys could really just read this and stop being homos

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospect ... agonglass/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Well yeah, but we trying to discuss shit.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

:lol: 'd @ "15 mins of terrifying wildling Castlevania final boss action"

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

i am legitimately scared of the white walkers

but i also hate the walking dead so i wish it wasnt a zombie thing

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

the wight children were terrifying.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

greyscale - a skin disease spread by touch and bite, equivalent to a irl combination of leprosy and calcification of soft tissues. mostly occurs outside of westeros, either far south or far east. has nothing to do with white walkers what so ever.

white walkers - some kind of magical super-powerful race of whateverthefuck. there's no information on where they come from or how many there actually are, but the implication is that they start out as (a living) human and are then converted into being white walkers by other white walkers.

wights/zombies - dead bodies (of anything), resurrected by white walkers' powers. it's implied that pretty much anything that dies north of the wall and isn't burned will become a wight. this is why wildlings always insist on burning all their dead. a wight can be killed by fire, and its implied that over time they simply rot and disintegrate, which is why some look like beat up people while others are just straight up skeletons. it's never explained why the dead only turn to zombies automatically beyond the wall, but it's implied that the wall itself has some magic that protects the rest of westeros from it.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

the grantland article is dope but a few things in it need to be taken with a grain of salt - dude is conflating book and show, which haven't always matched up on the white walker lore. also, all the 'history' he's referring to from the books is admitted in the books themselves to be legend and hearsay. literally nobody knows anything with certainty about any of this except maybe the little green people and the tree wizard that Bran is chillin with.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

thekeentwo wrote: but i also hate the walking dead so i wish it wasnt a zombie thing
We all hate it, we just watch it to talk shit about it. That's the fun part.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

behind the scenes of hardhome battle

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Fuck.

http://www.avclub.com/article/game-thro ... ack-220321" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

RIP. she from van too.

re: origin of the white walkers. -- I never considered that they might 'come' from anywhere. they're demons, that's it. it seems pretty important to the overarching storyline if the end up being descendants of some stark, so i'm wondering if there's any foreshadowing over this. besides the fact that ned/bran seem to know about white walkers in season 1 i don't see any stark connection, but i haven't been looking. my guess is they're just demons.

i hope this is not a spoiler but be warned: my buddy thinks the sparrows are gonna march cersei naked through the city. he hasn't read the books so i duno where he's getting this from. could be a good comeuppance maybe but honestly, i feel bad even for villainous characters once bad shit starts happening. anyone else feel a lil sympathy when she's sucking dirt water off the cell floor?

on that note, i wonder if it matters that she didn't confess. like someone said before, she could be done for anyway, but confessing to jaime-banging means tommen is fucked. but they probly gonna fuck up cersei either way. that is, until frankenmountain crashes through the brick wall. i'm psyched to see just how invincible this dude is. predicting we see him in ep9 cause that's exactly 1 season ago he got stabbed by oberyn.
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

your friend is lying to you about exactly one thing.