Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

say it today 3D
i enjoyed the shit out of it
and i too called it pocahantis with dinosaurs and blue people when i got in the car afterward

the visual experience was fucking amazing
probably the coolest movie ive seen in 3D since captain eo hahaha

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

drizzle wrote:let's just say i don't quite have the same hard on for true lies and lets leave it at taht

in other drizzle hard on related news, let me know if you get a boner for the blue cat princess and if you do not, please don't think I"m a weirdo... :arrow:

Chale Holmes

Post by Chale Holmes »

Trademark wrote:
drizzle wrote:let's just say i don't quite have the same hard on for true lies and lets leave it at taht

in other drizzle hard on related news, let me know if you get a boner for the blue cat princess and if you do not, please don't think I"m a weirdo... :arrow:
I got a boner. :megaman:

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Chale Holmes wrote:
Trademark wrote:

I got a boner. :megaman:

:leon:

Stoop Kid

Post by Stoop Kid »

Too long, 3D gave me a headache. Overall good experience though. Awkward lovestory/sex scene namsayn

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

162 minutes long and i didn't engage with it for longer than 10 seconds at a time beyond thinking "damn, these Na'vi people are some funny lookin' fetal-alcohol syndrome suffering Stewart Brothers resembling' ass motherfuckers".

In fact, Cameron could have saved millions of dollars on special fx if he'd simply snagged a picture from Mindbender's Myspace and then done an MS-Paint job on it.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

^ lol

The Smurfs (with catfaces) meets Starship Troopers. I suppose I'll watch it to see where all that money went. I think the characters look rele corny so I hope I can somehow identify with them (?).
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

even for those of you not digging, you at least had to appreciate the scene where they are coming out of hyper sleep/comatose or whatever and there is that amazing depth of the spaceship as it rotates and the doctors bouncing from pod to pod....That shit was like the only real next level filmmaking I saw...That and hte first time they show that awesome ship with the big solar panels and everything....on some putting George Lucas to shame shit..

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

kinda looks like a mindbender rap song...

:icedit: :megaman:

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

saw it lastnight. It was good. Story was dead on pocohontas. But it was good though.

Anyone else bust out in hysterical laughter at the end when the dude, in the robot, pulled out a 15 foot knife?
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

the dead poet wrote:saw it lastnight. It was good. Story was dead on pocohontas. But it was good though.

Anyone else bust out in hysterical laughter at the end when the dude, in the robot, pulled out a 15 foot knife?

oh yeah!! LOL me and my buddy were making jokes like "wonder if robot has a giant wallet" and "do you think he has a giant .22 pistol tied around his ankle?"....

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

the dead poet wrote:saw it lastnight. It was good. Story was dead on pocohontas. But it was good though.

"it IS a rainforest. maybe it's a robot's gigantic machete?"

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Definitely Pocahontas, but definitely one of the most visually beautiful movies ever. The 3-D was spectacular. The CGI was damn near perfect.

Can't wait for Blu-Ray.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Argh... It seems so ghey to me I almost don't want to see it, but the battles look kinda good...

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

saw it in IMAX 3D today, blew my fucking mind

didnt care that the plot was predictable
the action was awesome, the CG was amazing, dialogue was a bit corny at times, easily the best use of 3D ever
it was one of the best movie theater experiences I've ever had

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Saw this shit AGAIN today...WAAAAYYYY better the second time, especially since it wasn't 3 fucking AM when it got over with... Still TOO LONG but way more enjoyable the second time... The problem with the length is he is just about to admit to them he came here to negotiate their move, then gets pulled out...then begs for an hour to convince them, and then gets pulled out again, had they combined those two events you would have missed nothing of the plot and lost 10-15 minutes....Plot is predictable, dialogue is corny in spots, but still a really good/almost great film, way above great experience..

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

I hear the story in the Avatar video game is a prequel story.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

WTF.

This movie is fucking crazy. Seriously. Best time I've had at the movies IN YEARS. IMAX is a must. If you see this in a regular theater or wait for the DVD, you fail.

WHOA.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Good film that was way to long, but still an enjoyable film, visually spectacular with amazing CGI but in all honesty I wasn't blown away by it.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Not as laughable as 300 (even if the "This is..." line crept in), but overlong and not that interesting.

Loki

Post by Loki »

yo are there a whole bunch of subtitles in this? i cant watch foreign films here because i can't read hebrew fast enough...so im afraid if there are a lot of subtitles, i'll be missing out on a lot..

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Loki wrote:yo are there a whole bunch of subtitles in this? i cant watch foreign films here because i can't read hebrew fast enough...so im afraid if there are a lot of subtitles, i'll be missing out on a lot..

seriously?

if you are serious, no there are not hardly any at all...

Loki

Post by Loki »

Why wouldn't I be serious?

The movie is about talking aliens, I'm figuring there's some sort of alien language going on in there some where...

PERFECTLY LOGICAL CONCERN IN MY MIND

thx

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Loki wrote: The movie is about talking aliens, I'm figuring there's some sort of alien language going on in there some where...
i think you're giving this movie waaaay too much credit. i imagine if this was a war movie it would have nazis speaking english amongst themselves with a german accent
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

james cameron did hire a group of university professors to create some new alien language for the movie or some dumbshit like that tho

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

ackbar wrote:james cameron did hire a group of university professors to create some new alien language for the movie or some dumbshit like that tho
you know this isn't true because if james cameron wanted to create a new language he would simply jizz on a blank page and it would turn into a fully annotated dictionary

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Loki wrote:Why wouldn't I be serious?

The movie is about talking aliens, I'm figuring there's some sort of alien language going on in there some where...

PERFECTLY LOGICAL CONCERN IN MY MIND

thx

in star wars was the dialogue in Jabba's lair too much for you? If so don't see avatar. It's a gigantic blockbuster alien movie, it ain't schindler's list...oh wait...

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Trademark wrote: in other drizzle hard on related news, let me know if you get a boner for the blue cat princess and if you do not, please don't think I"m a weirdo... :arrow:
Philafurry.

I really enjoyed the film. Saw it in regular 3D because iMax here in NY has been sold out for the past five days. Will see it in iMax.

And the robot's knife was the only thing that took me out of the movie.

My line for the poster: "Who needs OLD DOGS when you have BLUE KITTIES? 'AVATAR' is the CAT'S MEOW, and that ain't LION!"

Also, I think there was a print error with the marketing. The film was actually directed by Cam'Ron. Hope that clears some things up.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

[img]http://barbarah.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/gene_shalit_list_view.jpg[/img] wrote:
My line for the poster: "Who needs OLD DOGS when you have BLUE KITTIES? 'AVATAR' is the CAT'S MEOW, and that ain't LION!"

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

Giovanni Ribisi does his best Ari Gold impression during his first few scenes.