The Wire Season 5 - On Demand Viewers Thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

coupla decent last episode write-up links

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/artic ... typewriter

^^^^
ranks theme songs

http://www.fiyastarter.com/fs-pages/fs- ... review.htm

^^^^
fiyastarter's last ep review

http://www.edgeofsports.com/2008-03-10-330/index.html

^^^^
Dave Zirin's take

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i lol'd

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

ALASKA wrote:
Icesickle wrote:Best show of all time foo' (no white person).

I just have extremely high standards for it that are impossible to live up to.
its sad that the things you love cause you so much pain.
:naswtf:

Wigga huh? I thought the last episode was one of the best episodes ever. You can like something and still have minor problems with it.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Icesickle wrote:
ALASKA wrote:

Wigga huh? I thought the last episode was one of the best episodes ever. You can like something and still have minor problems with it.
He was joking.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Employee wrote:
Icesickle wrote:
ALASKA wrote:

He was joking.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Wire shirts for sale (see Announcement)

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Good epsodie. The most amazing part of the show is in the 5 season the show was on only once did a police officer get shot at and that was only because she was undercover.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i watched episode one for the first time since it orginally aired last night. it was awesome.

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

ThaJim2 wrote:Good epsodie. The most amazing part of the show is in the 5 season the show was on only once did a police officer get shot at and that was only because she was undercover.
Nah, Prezbo and Co. got shot at when they were beating up on fools while drunk in season one.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Prezbo shot a cop too. Don't know if you're counting her and/or if she was a female or not.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

there was also that time with Carver when a cop got shot during a hand-to-hand and got his gun jacked, then Bunk had to go find it.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Ummm...you know Dozerman got shot in Season 3. Kind of a big deal, seeing as how it started Hamsterdam and everything. Just saying.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

he, too, was undercover

I think what Jim is trying to point out is, during the entire series, no one saw a cop and started shooting (even when provoked) JUST BECAUSE they were the police. Everyone knew better, or were most definitely told from higher-ups not to do that shit cause it's stupid.

Surely that's the case in real life too... people aren't so dumb that they don't know the consequences of shooting, or even harming, a police officer. Obviously there are anomalies

ALSO, season 3 episode 9, a plain-clothes cop gets shot & killed........I mean, Prez killed him, but still :lol:

an-also

Post by an-also »

The ending montage was really really good. There isnt much more to say that hasnt been said in this thread. I'll just say that the wire for me is the best drama show ever made. There are so many character i fell in love with. Simon does a great job of telling the viewer stories thru the eyes of all of them. Really sad that this was the last episode but its better to leave on a high than make another season which falls short of expectations. I cant wait to go through all the season over again.

JaH BLaZe

Post by JaH BLaZe »

an-also wrote: I cant wait to go through all the seasons over again.
word . and i do hope they bring out that complete series box set .

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

i dont like season 5 for the same reasons why i dont like season 3.
the endings seem too rushed and neat for the purpose of wrapping up a storyline.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

I thought season 3 was the GOAT

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Magneto wrote:
Icesickle wrote:
Nl5H wrote:that shit wasn't planned at all... little man just grabbed a gun from his corner and popped omar...simple as that.
Word.

Dude saw Omar walking through the alley, recognized it was the man who held Michael up the other day, and POP.

*These last two episodes have been much better than the two that preceeded it. Although it was a little over-the-top and a bit too self referential, the FBI breakdown of the serial killer and McNulty's reaction was :rofl: . Next episode it looks like shit's really gonna pop off.

*Was watching the 4th season last week. The 5th season isn't even on the same level. Sorry Magneto...it's just the truth. Still a good season though and I'm glad it's picking up.
No show in TV history will ever see season 4 or season 3 of the Wire. I think Season 5 was behind 3,4, and 1. Slightly ahead of 2.

season 4 is the best TV ive ever seen in my life, its hard too compare but I think in what it accomplishes its better then any movie I have ever seen as well...season 4 is without a doubt a complete masterpiece

bence2g

Post by bence2g »

I dunno if this is :lastweek: but saw on Amazon that season 5 is supposed to be on dvd August 12
"try the straight pliers if not the vice grips, a real price saver way to acquire nice whips"

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

bence2g wrote:I dunno if this is :lastweek: but saw on Amazon that season 5 is supposed to be on dvd August 12
wow. that's a long ass wait.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

anyone have a torrent for the complete season 5?

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

I never watched this show when it was on tv but since everyone here loves it and because I finally got a rapidshare account, I decided to start from the beginning and watch every episode. I just finished season three and this shit is nuts. Maybe it's because of the way im watching it back to back or whatever, but I feel more like i'm in the wire world than the real world right now. I cant fucking believe Stringer just died like that. He was my favorite character and I really liked watching him deal with being the bridge between street life and the world of politics. Furthermore, I hate the idea of Marlo (whose boring as fuck to me) becoming the focus of next couple of seasons. I mean, the kid is quick but where's his inner-struggle? At least Omar is still around though, he's a dope character.

As far as the cops go, they're all pretty cool I guess. I made the mistake of watching one episode of season 5 so I'm a bit worried on how Mcnulty is going to descend to the level of making up a rapist.

Also, I wish they didnt spend so much time covering the personal lives of the cops. I dont give a fuck about the lesbian cop's relationship troubles.

But the only really awkward part is how the cops all end up back working on eachother's cases every season. I dont believe that there are a dozen or so characters whose lives would keep coming back together to solve different cases, even though they've been separated already. It's just too far of a stretch, and it feels like the creators of the show are willing to kill off the big players in the streets but aren't comfortable with introducing newer faces on the side of the police.

All that being said, it's still an amazing show and it's by far the best dramatic series i've ever followed. I got the shivers when Omar dumped the guns off the dock and it faded out showing the campaign flyers of the union guy who died in season two.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

A big :lastweek: but I've been renting The Wire for the last three months or so and have been downloading Season Five. It has had shitty play over here in the UK and I seriously doubt many people have been watching it.

I love The Sopranos but this show has been absolutely amazing for the most part and for a time I think that The Wire is the best television show ever. Every episode left me wanting more. Season 4 was definitely the best. What happens to the four kids is heartbreaking. Season 5 was decent, I loved how Omar went and that Bubbs had a decentish end. Episode Nine when Michael lets Duquon and Bugz go was a sad as fuck. I need to watch the whole series again before I make an decent comment about it but damn what a show.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Just finished the whole series after finally getting the rest of the seasons at the sale Best Buy had on HBO DVDs.

Such an amazing show.

Season 4 was by far the best one out of all of them though, yet it had the gayest fucking theme song out of all of them too.

I can't believe they killed Omar like that :owens: :copy:. I guess Michael would take his place now if they ever pick the show back up again?
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Apathwhy

Post by Apathwhy »

Hayzoos wrote: I guess Michael would take his place now if they ever pick the show back up again?
they won't

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

is Snoop a guy or girl? i could never tell, like for the longest time i thought it was some thugged out dyke, but then i became almost sure it was a he. and now i read on another website his/her character's real first name is supposed to be "Felecia" WTF????
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

It's a chick.