"Better Call Saul"

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

battlecatmeowstab212

Re: "Better Call Saul"

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Loved the shot of the back of the cop car with Mike in it, the back of his head just barely visible and it drove.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:Mike's back story >>>>>>

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

vince gilligan is unfuckwithable

btw the latest podcast had jonathan banks on it, shit is awesome

Nets 2022

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

damn that was fucking amazing.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

I look forward to this every week. Another Gilligan project that I've been watching is Battle Creek. Major network shows are usually AIDS-infested, so I ought to know better, but I couldn't resist due to Gilligan's involvement & a cast which includes Dean Winters and Kal Penn.

Hard to believe that Winters is 50 years old.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Did anyone notice the symbolism in that opening scene when Mike and his old cop friend were centered beneath the most wanted mug shots?

Great stuff

they used the term, make them whole© again last night
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:Damn that episode was a letdown imo

Sidenote: I really want to Fuck Mrs kettleman

Kace

Post by Kace »

Why was the episode a let down? You think it was because Jimmy did the "right thing" instead keeping all that cash for himself?
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Kace wrote:Why was the episode a let down? You think it was because Jimmy did the "right thing" instead keeping all that cash for himself?
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:Actually yea, kind of...

I realize this version of Jimmy/Saul is supposed to be a precursor to Saul on Breaking Bad, but lets face it, Jimmy on Better Call Saul is rather boring. I'm sick of him always doing the "right thing" in the end. This just isn't what I signed up for when I decided to invest my time into this show...

I also thought that montage music while Mike was searching the Kettleman's house was incredibly corny and contrived. And the Kettleman's, yea they wrapped up that "storyline", but did anyone really care about the Kettleman's in the first place? Was it really necessary to basically base a whole episode around them?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Mrs Kettleman tho

This one was a slow burn but I dug it, paid off well in the end. The show still wins on acting, cinematography and little details more than plot. Odenkirk's breakdown in the end, shots like the place where Kim goes to smoke, bingo scene feeling like set of a game show from teh 50s located somewhere in purgatory... Kettleman's story is not the most exciting but both of them doing dramatic slapstick where their lines/mannerisms sub in for literal pratfalls is great.

All these attempts to do right make sense if you consider that Saul was sheisty in method but not in intention - he always wanted the best outcome for his clients, he just wasn't afraid to use leftfield ways to get there. He is inherently a con artist by nature, and the breaking point of Jimmy > Saul is not him becoming a full on crook but the moment when he lets go of his guilt and embraces his crooked nature as the most effective way to get shit done.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

JESUS LOOK AT THOSE TITS

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

drizzle wrote: consider that Saul was sheisty in method but not in intention - he always wanted the best outcome for his clients, he just wasn't afraid to use leftfield ways to get there.
great summation

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

Blockhead wrote:JESUS LOOK AT THOSE TITS

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

anyone having complaints about jimmy being a good guy and doing the right thing needs to have patience and understand that this is an origin story. Not to mention, if they rushed him into being Saul Goodman then it would potentially shorten the lifespan of the show. I'm fine with them taking their time to provide the back story so that this show can keep going as long as they want it to.

JaH BLaZe

Post by JaH BLaZe »

samdoom wrote:anyone having complaints about jimmy being a good guy and doing the right thing needs to have patience and understand that this is an origin story. Not to mention, if they rushed him into being Saul Goodman then it would potentially shorten the lifespan of the show. I'm fine with them taking their time to provide the back story so that this show can keep going as long as they want it to.
I mean they got 6 years in the timeframe to work with , and I agree let them take their time to provide the back story so they can maximize story potential

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

No wonder Mr Kettleman was so whipped.
UBM CD COMING SOON

zombie

Post by zombie »

I heard someone ask if the montage song was done by Blockhead

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

JaH BLaZe wrote:
samdoom wrote:anyone having complaints about jimmy being a good guy and doing the right thing needs to have patience and understand that this is an origin story. Not to mention, if they rushed him into being Saul Goodman then it would potentially shorten the lifespan of the show. I'm fine with them taking their time to provide the back story so that this show can keep going as long as they want it to.
I mean they got 6 years in the timeframe to work with , and I agree let them take their time to provide the back story so they can maximize story potential
I was trying to figure out the year that the present storyline was taking place. Did I miss them outright pointing to it being 2002?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

perlman

Post by perlman »

Anyone know a good way to DL episodes of this show or stream it online? All the old ways I used seem to be gone.
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

you can use Hola unblocker in your browser and play it via Great Britain Netflix (new episodes Tuesday nights) or use couchtuner.net (I think).

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Chuck is a badass attorney ... nice to see him shake that crazy out

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

perlman wrote:Anyone know a good way to DL episodes of this show or stream it online? All the old ways I used seem to be gone.

http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/in ... _1.html#e8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zombie

Post by zombie »

capable_keL wrote:Chuck is a badass attorney ... nice to see him shake that crazy out
i feel that by saul bringing to his attention that he was outside is going to further cripple hi mentality and he will never recover..

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

WHAT WAS THAT BEAT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EPISODE I KNOW I'VE HEARD IT A MILLION TIMES BEFORE BUT CAN'T PLACE IT

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

it was handsome boy modeling school, or the og sample

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

I totally recognized it too. Good call on handsome boy modeling school
Drizzle is it true that you smoke two joints minimum every time when you listen to the track that played when Mike broke into the Kettlebells' house?
So far I dig every scene with the veterinarian . He's a fairly funny character.
Buy my mixtape.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

interesting....

could possibly imply that Jimmy made up the law degree entirely? would that be possible to fake?

Guun

Post by Guun »

It was the OG sample:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCwGQXJqu5s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just realized what the screenshot implies. Saul Goodman instead of Jimmy. Could he have gotten his name legally changed? reprinted diploma? Wonder if it's just an oversight or if it will be explained or like you said, he lied about the whole thing.

Just noticed it says 1984 too.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Oh shit I didn't even see the 1984, good catch. Something is def fishy here. And how long was he working in the mail room? What he described sounds like 2-3 years at least, doesn't seem plausible he did it in secret. Could it be he's just faking whatever legal knowledge he has based on what he picked up around the office?

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

capable_keL wrote:Did anyone notice the symbolism in that opening scene when Mike and his old cop friend were centered beneath the most wanted mugshots? Great stuff.
Haven't listened to any of the podcasts yet or bothered to look it up to confirm, but when I watched that one, I think the guy who squeezes by Jimmy when he's in the bathroom on the phone is one of the guys from the mugshots. Wouldn't be surprised if there has been / will be more, either in the background or actually featured in the storyline somehow.

Looking forward to next week's episode. Bob said in some interview that the whole first season is a slow burn but that episode nine is where all the threads start to tie together and the story begins to really fall into place, or words to that effect.