MAD MAX 4 (3-D ANIMATED)...!!!

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

darkwingduck

MAD MAX 4 (3-D ANIMATED)...!!!

Post by darkwingduck »

Good olג€™ Mad Max: post-apocalyptic gun-slinger with a need for blood-thirsty revenge! MTV Newsג€™ #4 Movie Badass of All Time! Andג€¦star of a 3-D anime feature film?!

Unlikely as that last one sounds, some big screen animated ג€œMaxג€ action is shaping up to become a reality, according to George Miller, the writer/director of the previous three films. The catch? He doesnג€™t want Max himself, Mel Gibson, anywhere near the project.

ג€œWeג€™ll probably go a different route,ג€ Miller told MTV News about the potential talent voicing the lead role. The plot would be partly lifted from the script of the fourth ג€œMaxג€ film, which was set to shoot in 2003 until financing collapsed in the wake of the Iraq War.

Now Miller is resurrecting the idea as an R-rated, stereoscopic anime flick for theatrical release. Itג€™s a curious undertaking, to be sure, but one made all the more certain to happen after the runaway success in 2006 of his computer-animated ג€œHappy Feetג€ג€”not that the newest, ever-violent ג€œMaxג€ film will have much in common with that kid-friendly penguin party.

ג€œI see myself as someone who is very curious about storytelling and all its various media,ג€ Miller said. ג€œIג€™ve always loved anime, in particular the Japanese sensibility. Itג€™s something Iג€™ve always wanted to do.ג€

The project is one phase of a ג€œMad Maxג€ renaissance of sorts. Along with ג€œGod of War IIג€ designer Cory Barlog, Miller is developing an action-adventure videogame based on the fourth film. Gibson wonג€™t be participating in that endeavor, either.

For the anime release, Miller isnג€™t looking simply to mimic Japanese-style animation but rather to adapt it for Western audiences. ג€œThe anime is an opportunity for me to shift a little bit about what anime is doing because anime is ripe for an adjustment or sea change,ג€ he explained. ג€œItג€™s coming in games and I believe itג€™s the same in anime. Thereג€™s going to be a hybrid anime where it shifts more towards Western sensibilities. [Japanese filmmaker Akira] Kurosawa was able to bridge that gap between the Japanese sensibilities and the West and make those definitive films.ג€

Itג€™s been 23 years since we last tasted some fresh ג€œMad Maxג€ goodness, but neither the anime nor the game will be arriving soon enough to satisfy our hunger for the rage-filled Australian vigilante. ג€œIג€™ve got a couple of years left,ג€ said Miller. ג€œWeג€™re in the early stages writing and designing. A really good game you need two and half years. And for good anime you need two years.

3D anime ג€œMad Maxג€ג€”awesome idea or awesomest? But will it ג€” can it?? ג€” be the same without Mel Gibsonג€™s voice?

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/03/05/ex ... e-feature/

if this was animated by the Samurai Jack guy and they get mel in there....YES all day long!!!

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

kundilini wants his hand back

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Would really prefer a live action movie.

I remember when they announced they were in pre production on 4, I was pretty geeked. Then...nothing.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Mel's got to do the voice...

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

pointless without gibson, it's idiotic to abstract him from this. it's like doing a rocky without stallone. he may be a lunatic, but the man still knows his way around a good movie and would be valuable to the project in more than just acting capacity.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

boogie shoes

Post by boogie shoes »

What about a sitcom in thunderdome, Max and Tina Turner are married with the wacky boomerang kid as their adopted son who dreams of a new pair of shoes and the Humungus and his biker boy friend is their next door neighbor. Even in a disfunctional wasteland everyone needs family.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

masterblaster as the neighbor?

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

drizzle wrote:pointless without gibson, it's idiotic to abstract him from this. it's like doing a rocky without stallone. he may be a lunatic, but the man still knows his way around a good movie and would be valuable to the project in more than just acting capacity.
gotta agree - relieving a man of his position as the character Mad Max because he has some very nutty views/tendencies/outbursts is odd.

Da JEWZ run Da Tinseltownz - and if thats the case its Gibsons own crazy ass fault

ANUBIS5

Post by ANUBIS5 »

Anime? They have to be fucking kidding.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

terrible idea, shut it down

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

boogie shoes wrote:What about a sitcom in thunderdome, Max and Tina Turner are married with the wacky boomerang kid as their adopted son who dreams of a new pair of shoes and the Humungus and his biker boy friend is their next door neighbor. Even in a disfunctional wasteland everyone needs family.
i like this idea more than the anime
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

boogie shoes

Post by boogie shoes »

Its a go project drizzle there has been talk of doing cross over projects with Night Rider so we can have a talking car for Mel. Kit will be both a confidant as well as a sort of man cave on wheels. When shit gets hectic in the dome he goes and drinks in kit and talks about the universe.
I'm a one man soldier.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

boogie shoes wrote:Kit will be both a confidant as well as a sort of man cave
:pause: