Unmasked Season 3

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Dan

Unmasked Season 3

Post by Dan »

Last edited by Dan on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Several Unmasked episodes have been taped, but they won't start airing until later this summer.

If you listened to Bill's, his show didn't have an intro/outro and had some spots that probably would've been edited out in post. His show was rushed out to promote the 3rd season premier of his TV show. It didn't even air on the usual channel that Unmasked airs on, they put his show on the Blue Collar channel since that's his target audience.

I'll post the rest of the shows as soon as they come out.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Thanks a lot dan!

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

F*CK YEAH!!

Last two Unmasked threads were legendary. Thanks Dan!

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Dan can you let me know if their scheduled to tape an unmasked w/ any sick comedians in the near future? I've been slacking on listening to R&F lately but I don't want to miss any really good unmasked tapings.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Cowy wrote:Dan can you let me know if their scheduled to tape an unmasked w/ any sick comedians in the near future? I've been slacking on listening to R&F lately but I don't want to miss any really good unmasked tapings.
The shows are now taped at the Sirius studio, so the crowd is much smaller. Ron hasn't even been announcing these shows in advance, so he says if you want to see one just e-mail him.

Dan

Post by Dan »

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

sweet. thanks

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Thanks Dan!

Dan

Post by Dan »

Howie Mandel - http://www.zshare.net/audio/654902419efeb7f4/

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W5SnOHXhwBU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W5SnOHXhwBU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Man they are really going with a theme of... interesting comedians this season

nonetheless, thank you dan!

Dan

Post by Dan »

Jimmy Fallon - http://www.sendspace.com/file/94k9j1

:icedit: Zshare was down when I uploaded this show, so I went with Sendspace. Here's the Zshare now that the site is back up and running.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6648060672feaf82/
Last edited by Dan on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

thanks dan!

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Thanks dan, but this season really is picking some shitty dudes for some reason

Dan

Post by Dan »

StormShadow wrote:Thanks dan, but this season really is picking some shitty dudes for some reason
They're trying for big names, but they can only get whoever happens to roll through NYC.
SiriusXM doesn't have the funds to just fly random comics for a taping, so they just grab whoever happens to be in town.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Dan wrote:Jimmy Fallon - http://www.sendspace.com/file/94k9j1

:icedit: Zshare was down when I uploaded this show, so I went with Sendspace. Here's the Zshare now that the site is back up and running.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6648060672feaf82/
I was there for this taping, it was ehhhhh. Listening now to see if they included my question at the end.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

I'm at 53:40, I sound super douchey...sweet.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Dan wrote:
StormShadow wrote:Thanks dan, but this season really is picking some shitty dudes for some reason
They're trying for big names, but they can only get whoever happens to roll through NYC.
SiriusXM doesn't have the funds to just fly random comics for a taping, so they just grab whoever happens to be in town.
yeah it's not their fault, and props to these comedians for going on in the first place

it's just that unmasked set the bar pretty high early on in terms of who they interviews

whatever, thanks for continuing to post them dan

cowboy dan

Post by cowboy dan »

Speaking of those earlier Unmasked episodes, is there anyway you would be willing to re-up some of them. (Louis C.K., Jim Norton, Jeff Garlin, Gaffigan)

Thanks man. BTW - do you know what this year's Unmasked schedule is?

Dan

Post by Dan »

I'm almost embarrassed to post up the next Unmasked. Unfortunately it was never announced on air. It aired tonight and I just happened to tune to the channel while it was on, so I quickly recorded it. It replays tomorrow, so I'll grab the beginning and splice it all together.

I'll give a hint. I had no idea this person was even a comedian, but Gloss will probably dig this episode.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i'm curious.. i don't think it can get much worse than howie mandel or bill engvall.

i liked the fallon & arnold interveiws

Dan

Post by Dan »

ackbar wrote:i'm curious.. i don't think it can get much worse than howie mandel or bill engvall.
Going by the name, it has. I haven't listened to any of it though, so I may be surprised.

Another hint, it's a woman.

So that's 2 clues, someone Gloss would dig and a woman.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Joy Behar I would presume.
I'm yet to check any of these, need to atleast get on the Fallon and Arnold ones
moved by duck muscles

Dan

Post by Dan »

LilLeftBrain wrote:Joy Behar I would presume.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

I'll post it later tonight.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Dan

Post by Dan »

As most of you have noticed, this season of Unmasked hasn't exactly been as great as the first 2 seasons.

Another episode was taped on Friday, which should air this weekend. I promise you this person is much better than Joy Behar, although this person isn't exactly a comedian, more like a singer/actor.

On Tuesday's Ron & Fez show, Ron said that Sirius bookers have a huge guest possibly lined up for a future taping. It was supposed to be kept a secret, but Dave kinda gave it away. They tried to dump out, but it was too late.
Ron then comments about this season compared to the others.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/679401512231b325/

Will this possible guest make season 3 a success?

cowboy dan

Post by cowboy dan »

If it happens, it will be incredible.

If you dig it up, listening to the "Holy Trinity of Stand Up Comedy" conversation, Ronnie B has a special affection for that certain person.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Listened to the Fallon and Arnold ones today, both were really really interesting/entertaining. Got some newfound respect for Fallon, he was real insightful about studying comedy coming up and the behind the scenes scene on his show and SNL. Some of the Roots stories were rofl.
Went back and forth on the Tom Arnold one. Loved the Seinfeld and Julia-Louis DryPuss story (had never heard about this), and him and Ron talking about Farley. Ever seen that "Jackie Thomas" show he was talking about?? I'm inclined to track that down.

Yet again, :cheers: for these, Dan.
moved by duck muscles

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Damn. When scruffy told me that it was Fallon in the elevator going up to the XM studios I was like "Ahh, shit man. When you guys kept it a secret and said it was someone HUGE I was thinking Cosby or Seinfeld or something." He looked like he saw a ghost or something when I said that, I guess he didn't want me jinxing it.

Anyway, that will be sick.

Thanks for keepin this thread goin Dan, enjoyed the clip you posted about Corzine/ gay marriage in the R&F thread.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Good to see that people are still checking these.

I'm just using this post as a bump so that the latest Unmasked starts off page 2.