MTV's Jersey Shore

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

watching guido love unfurl is pretty spellbinding. it's like watching two babies trying to communicate.
watching it fall to pieces is simply just satisfying.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Blockhead wrote:watching guido love unfurl is pretty spellbinding. it's like watching two babies trying to communicate.
LOL excellent take on tonight's episode.

Did you catch the "after show"? Pretty pointless except for the fact that the overall emptiness and sadness of these people is rendered so painfully apparent when they are outside of their natural habitat.

Stoop Kid

Post by Stoop Kid »

FUCK I MISSED IT

Stoop Kid

Post by Stoop Kid »

oh good its about to be on again. now ima pour me a cup and get to sittin

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Thun wrote:
Blockhead wrote:watching guido love unfurl is pretty spellbinding. it's like watching two babies trying to communicate.

Did you catch the "after show"? Pretty pointless except for the fact that the overall emptiness and sadness of these people is rendered so painfully apparent when they are outside of their natural habitat.
oh yes.
the one who bounced (the "kim kardassian" of the show") talking about how being real is her thing. that was gold. and "the situation" being completely outed as the most insecure alfred e. neuman ass faggot ever. i mean, i knew he was already, but his interaction with the "Sweet" one was just depressing.
side note, that host would get it repeatedly.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

ronnie is now 2 for 2.

2 episodes, 2 metaphors involving shit.

flies coming to it. him rolling around in it.

:shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: / :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp:

keep it creepy, ronnie.

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

djjeffresh wrote:ronnie is now 2 for 2.

2 episodes, 2 metaphors involving shit.

flies coming to it. him rolling around in it.

:shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: / :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp:

keep it creepy, ronnie.
Dont be hatin on Ronnie, he keeps it philosophically real.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Is there any where to watch these online? It sounds pretty fantastic.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Blockhead wrote:
Thun wrote:

oh yes.
the one who bounced (the "kim kardassian" of the show") talking about how being real is her thing. that was gold. and "the situation" being completely outed as the most insecure alfred e. neuman ass faggot ever. i mean, i knew he was already, but his interaction with the "Sweet" one was just depressing.
side note, that host would get it repeatedly.
Julissa Bermudez. Was a host on BET. I agree, except I would duct tape her mouth during the moments when it wasn't filled with my engorged member. She's super annoying when she speaks.

Last edited by Thun on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thun

Post by Thun »

odium-LSC wrote:Is there any where to watch these online? It sounds pretty fantastic.
Pretty sure full episodes are available on Hulu and at mtv.com

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

snookie and her homegirl dancing in the empty bar was both the saddest and greatest thing i have ever seen

they do great things

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

ALASKA wrote:snookie and her homegirl dancing in the empty bar was both the saddest and greatest thing i have ever seen

they do great things
Ahaha. I forgot about that part. My favorite part of that sequence was when they were leaving Snooki drunkenly says, "like we're seriously in a bar trying to dance and nobody knows how to dance." There were literally three other people in the bar. What a mess.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

snooki is so classy. if mike wanted to be on top of her it isnt like she would push him off.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Snooki and the quacking duck phone was one of the most brilliant comedic moments of the past decade of television. Truly sublime idiocy.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Thun wrote:Snooki and the quacking duck phone was one of the most brilliant comedic moments of the past decade of television. Truly sublime idiocy.
one thing mtv does great, is put together montages of stupidity over the most appropriate bedding music.

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

Thun wrote:Snooki and the quacking duck phone was one of the most brilliant comedic moments of the past decade of television. Truly sublime idiocy.
i was crying from lolz.
someone mail her to me.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Ok, gotta watch this last episode if I'm hearing Angelina is gone. That is fantastic.

EDIT:

I love the way MTV puts music to shit.

dat piff

Post by dat piff »

ALASKA wrote:snookie and her homegirl dancing in the empty bar was both the saddest and greatest thing i have ever seen

they do great things
they were both trainwrecks but her friend was fucking gross.. fuckin high tops and frilly jean shorts with the face of that ugly bitch that Tiger Woods fucked... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck looked like a classy fuckin bar though
ImageImageImage

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

did you ever notice how much these girls say "like honestly"?

Choke

Post by Choke »

My favorite part of the ep was when Angelina was leaving, MTV did a 5 minute montage about her leaving like she'd been there for 3 years. You can tell the producers are having fun with it.

The aftershow was a little disappointing.

Cant wait for the punch episode next week.
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I have a few questions about these subjects and the location.

- When they talk, especially The Situation, about hooking up, do they mean fucking, making out or do they use the word interchangeably?

- How do the males of this sub-species view there homosexuality? Is it widely acceptable in this community or are they extremely homophobic covering up the latent gay feelings that is so obvious?

- Does the jersey shore have the highest number of abortion clinics and free clinics on Earth?

- How do other lower class Italians in the North East feel about this group?

- What are the drugs used in this sub culture besides steroids?

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

ThaJim2 wrote:I have a few questions about these subjects and the location.

- When they talk, especially The Situation, about hooking up, do they mean fucking, making out or do they use the word interchangeably?
wondered that myself
ThaJim2 wrote:- How do the males of this sub-species view there homosexuality? Is it widely acceptable in this community or are they extremely homophobic covering up the latent gay feelings that is so obvious?
coverup. it is incredibly homoerotic. kinda like old hardcore shows.
ThaJim2 wrote:- Does the jersey shore have the highest number of abortion clinics and free clinics on Earth?
see pink eye episode
ThaJim2 wrote:- How do other lower class Italians in the North East feel about this group?
I dont think there is an "other"
ThaJim2 wrote:- What are the drugs used in this sub culture besides steroids?
ruffies

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

ThaJim2 wrote:I have a few questions about these subjects and the location.

- When they talk, especially The Situation, about hooking up, do they mean fucking, making out or do they use the word interchangeably? interchangeably. mostly making out i assume.

- How do the males of this sub-species view there homosexuality? Is it widely acceptable in this community or are they extremely homophobic covering up the latent gay feelings that is so obvious? the latter

- Does the jersey shore have the highest number of abortion clinics and free clinics on Earth? if not, its a damn shame

- How do other lower class Italians in the North East feel about this group? "my people vex me" gets thrown around a lot

- What are the drugs used in this sub culture besides steroids? special k used to be really popular, now its cocaine.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Thanks Alaska and Rabbi.

I still have a few many questions about this show.

- How long has this particular subset been around? I ask because there behavior is almost exactly like that of some mexican cats I know from the house music, the general tattoo and fashion sense, spiky hair, roid abuse and the awesome pick up lines etc but this was 2002.

- Is the Jersey Shore really the mecca and what other guido hot spots are there?

Thun

Post by Thun »

ThaJim2 wrote:Thanks Alaska and Rabbi.
Don't thank them because neither know of what they speak.
- How do other lower class Italians in the North East feel about this group?
Guidos are not predominantly "lower class" by any definition or stretch of the imagination. While some have blue collar roots, we're not talking low-wage blue collar at all. A large fraction of them have parents who are extremely affluent professionals as well.

Guidos are universally despised by Italian-Americans of all class designations who are non-guidos.
- What are the drugs used in this sub culture besides steroids?
Oxycontin and other opiates are the drug of choice these days.
Is the Jersey Shore really the mecca and what other guido hot spots are there?
The Jersey Shore is their place of refuge in the summer. The guido hotspots in New Jersey are town in the northern part of the state like Clifton, Belleville, Nutley, Totowa, etc. Middle to upper class white flight suburbs in relatively close proximity to depressed urban areas.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Thun wrote:
Guidos are not predominantly "lower class" by any definition or stretch of the imagination. While some have blue collar roots, we're not talking low-wage blue collar at all. A large fraction of them have parents who are extremely affluent professionals as well.

Guidos are universally despised by Italian-Americans of all class designations who are non-guidos.
Thanks for this, I got the impression from watching the show that most where poor with maybe Pauly D and JWoWW being the exceptions with most of the rest driving up in some shit box cars and that cunt Angelia using trash bags for suit cases.

And do all of them give themselves retarded nicknames?

:icedit: I have never seen a MTV reality show before so I don't know the house style of editing so do they usually edit there shows to down play the sex? I keep bringing this up because I swear Ronnie is the only male in that house that has ever even stuck his finger in the pink. The Situation for example needs to have another man to go into the hot tub and bang out these sluts.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Don't let the cars and the trash bags fool you. These kids will be housed, clothed, and fed by their parents through age 40. When you consider the amount of money they spend on tanning, beauty products, prescription opiates, etc and the fact that not one of them is gainfully employed or involved in major crime it becomes appparent that these are a bunch of spoiled brats. Maybe not wealthy but pretty comfortable and make no mistake, some of them are nouveau riche. This is the type of underachieving suburban subculture that actually aspires to appear scummy. The shitbox cars were passed down to them by other relatives, these kids are not struggling at all.

hell0maryjane

Post by hell0maryjane »

all the locals here are freakin out because of the show. its pretty fuckin hilarious on its own

oh silly white people...

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

ThaJim2 wrote:Thanks Alaska and Rabbi.

I still have a few many questions about this show.

- How long has this particular subset been around? I ask because there behavior is almost exactly like that of some mexican cats I know from the house music, the general tattoo and fashion sense, spiky hair, roid abuse and the awesome pick up lines etc but this was 2002.

as long as a dj named jonathan peters has been popular

- Is the Jersey Shore really the mecca and what other guido hot spots are there?
the mecca of all that is guido was and always will be is Soundfactory. And fuck anyone if they disagree.

hell0maryjane

Post by hell0maryjane »

ThaJim2 wrote:- Is the Jersey Shore really the mecca and what other guido hot spots are there?
headliner, bamboo, karma, deko lounge, abyss, centro... they're all the same & all fuckin lame. the end.