Official Modern Family Thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Official Modern Family Thread

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Modfam has been consistently bodying all NBC programming since it debuted last fall. Phil Dunphy (played by the incomparable Ty Burrell) is a true American hero, who rep includes break dancer, college DJ, and the best damn dad period. Plus Ed O'Neill's return to prime time has never been better.

Discuss

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i've only seen a few episodes but i like the show so far
sort of holding out until i can watch it from the start

Dan

Post by Dan »

Best new show of the Fall '09 season. Yes, even better than Community.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Ehhhh, it's Arrested Development for liberally minded Midwestern housewives. Basically Arrested Development as made by Disney.
It's not bad, but when it's bad it really sucks. Ozone is pretty awesome, though.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Yeah, I really like this show, and often end uo laughing at it more than the NBC Thursday night shows. Ed O Neil is great and his step son is one of the best characters on tv.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

This show is dope...way better than anything else ABC is running right now. Ed ONeil's wife is smokin hot. Phil Dunphy's wife is also pretty hot too. Phil Dunphy could possibly be the GOAT dad ever.
Great stories and hilarious characters.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

yeah besides ed and the fat mexican kid this show is shit
UBM CD COMING SOON

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

ObeseJesus wrote:Yeah, I really like this show, and often end uo laughing at it more than the NBC Thursday night shows. Ed O Neil is great and his step son is one of the best characters on tv.
:cheers:

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/jxuy6cGZQLeX6 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/jxuy6cGZQLeX693WRh9eOg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

show is consistently quality

Deviant283

Post by Deviant283 »

great show. one of the few new shows ive seen this season and i havent missed an episode.

and sofia vergara still got it after all these years.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Got caught up on all of these over the past few weeks, and while its consistently funny, thanks to phil and the fat gay dude, its not near fucking with 'community'. I big breezed through every episode once, but have no desire to ever revisit any of them
moved by duck muscles

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Its not beating Community. Way too much of pocket comedy on that show. But Modern Family is damn funny. Ed O'Neil and his non-gay son-in-lay are the funniest muthafuckas on that show.....
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

It's pretty funny and it's great to see Ed O'Neil on the box again and he still has it, I watch it every week, we are most likely way behind here in New Zealand and are getting the episode with Ed Norton this weekend.

I would like to see Community, I might have to Dl that.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Dunphy's the star, whole show kills.

Digging this, the Middle, and Community-hoping they don't go the usual route and cancel all my favorite shows.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

on your mark, get set, van goh

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Sankofa wrote: Digging this, the Middle, and Community-hoping they don't go the usual route and cancel all my favorite shows.
Never even heard of The Middle, but Modern Family and Community are already picked up for next year.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Dunphy getting distracted by all the household repairs was hilarious.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Sounds like Dunphy's voice on some family van TV spots.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Kiran187 wrote:Dunphy getting distracted by all the household repairs was hilarious.
yes indeed.
also, Camerons 'Breathing only makes the fire spread' and 'I FEEL LIKE I ATE THE SUN!' were lolz

might have been my favorite episode yet
moved by duck muscles

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Kalel wrote:<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/jxuy6cGZQLeX6 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/jxuy6cGZQLeX693WRh9eOg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>
I was going to check this show out but then I watched this clip. Is this supposed to be indicative of the shows level of funniness? Because this wasn't funny at all.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

odium-LSC wrote:
Kalel wrote:<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/jxuy6cGZQLeX6 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/jxuy6cGZQLeX693WRh9eOg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>
I was going to check this show out but then I watched this clip. Is this supposed to be indicative of the shows level of funniness? Because this wasn't funny at all.
fuck the snippet clips, homie. you need to watch an actual episode. that don't really show the LOLz that show has within it.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

ardamus wrote:
odium-LSC wrote:
fuck the snippet clips, homie. you need to watch an actual episode. that don't really show the LOLz that show has within it.
Yeah, you really should just watch an episode. If nothing else than to watch Sophia Vergara.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

<object width="512" height="328" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_b28da80b63"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=b28da80b63" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed width="512" height="328" flashvars="key=b28da80b63" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_b28da80b63" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
so good
'just so..tangibly..drunk'
moved by duck muscles

Stoop Kid

Post by Stoop Kid »

That spanish bitch is fine. Caught an episode of this and laughed out loud the whole time.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I watched a few episodes. It's pretty funny. I'm going to check for it now, i guess.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Kalel wrote:Image
Yeah, this chick is fucking hot and this show is really funny. I approve.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

not to be that bitch or get overly spastic about product placement,

but was anybody else at least a little bit :naswtf: / fuck this bullshit last night when they turned the entire episode into a thirty minutes infomercial?

even more obnoxious is apple insisting today that they don't pay for product placement, despite the "promotional consideration" tagline at the end of the episode.

Dids

Post by Dids »

I assume, based on what I've read, that the "promotional consideration" was just the physical ipad that they provided. Apple manages their public image really carefully- and I don't think they're going to outright lie like that.

The dude being a fanboy is totally in character and made sense within the context of the show. As long as both of those are true, even if it was product placement, I just don't see why that's a problem. If TV shows I like can stay alive by doing this, I'd much rather they do than get shitcanned.

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

the whole ipad thing was just a little overwhelming, but the fact that this show was fucking HILARIOUS made up for it.

"why not, little phil. i got nowhere else to be."

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Didn't your mom ever tell ya not to take a ride from A STRANGER
got a lil vacation time comin up? Have fun ON THE MOON
Not feelin too well lately? Maybe you shoud come see the doctor....and I"LL GET RID OF IT!
moved by duck muscles