Podcasts Recommendations

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

LilLeftBrain

Re: Podcasts Recommendations

Post by LilLeftBrain »

and to talk podcasts the crabfeast w ms pat i was convinced was a put on for the first ten minutes cause i didn't see the name of the guest and it just came on automatically after i had finished another podcast i was listening to, she was full of shit but they weren't bad stories. did the two hour zach morris on pete holmes podcast the other day, p chill dude
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

that certainly didn't need to be a top of the pager
moved by duck muscles

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Giallo Ciao! Ciao!

Have been listening to this show all summer. Probably the most entertaining film related podcast I've stumbled upon so far.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

I've been really getting into Tuesdays with Stories (Mark Normand and Joe List) recently. They are both really quick with the banter. They make me actually LOL, which doesn't happen a lot with podcasts.

Also, FYI, Joe Derosa went on Rogan's podcast this week and trashed Anthony Cumia. Ant was great to Joe for a long time and Derosa aired him out publicly, which even Rogan thought was shitty. Ant then turned to Twitter and went in on Derosa. Apparently they kissed and made up on Ant's show today.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

I've been sitting on Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcasts from 2011 to 2013 so I thought I'd post a link here as they were free in the first place.

2011: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f40za ... PC2011.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2012: http://www.mediafire.com/download/83k7z ... PC2012.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2013: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vd51i ... PC2013.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ObeseJesus wrote:Tuesdays with Stories (Mark Normand and Joe List)
caught normand the other night and dude was real funny, dig his r&f appearances as well. going to dive in to this next time the podcast queue gets lowlowlowlow (however as of now it's booming)
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

& obeezy, since you're into the joe rogan exp give a holler if that big jay one is a step past solid
moved by duck muscles

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Big Jay on JRE was at least solid. Honestly, there wasn't much memorable but it was enjoyable. Big Jay is funny and any JRE with a comedian guest will be pretty good.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ah shit, i'll give it a go
moved by duck muscles

Nameless Crew

Post by Nameless Crew »

Hey, everyone -

I'm just looking for some feedback on a podcast I started up last month, "Tactic & Friends". From 2009-2011 I did a podcast with a couple friends, http://cougandtactic.blogspot.com/, but after 45 episodes we called it quits. I am now four episodes deep with this new one. The new one is just me with different guests each episode. They are purposely only about 30 minutes each. The podcast is supposed to be funny with a structure of odd news and then discussions. I nor my friends are comedians, but hopefully we are able to entertain. Here is the most recent episode (NSFW):

https://soundcloud.com/tactic-friends-vol-1/004-tactic-friends-10-17-2014-guests-milli-and-vanilli

The rest of the episodes can be heard here (I'm aware of how ugly the site is): http://tacticandfriends.wordpress.com/

Thank you for any feedback in advance.

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

http://serialpodcast.org/

This thread has basically become the comedy podcast thread, but I'm wondering if any of y'all get down with this This American Life spinoff that follows a pretty interesting true crime story from Baltimore in the late 90's. I highly recommend it if you are into true crime and/or TAL.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

The Ivy League Nigga wrote:http://serialpodcast.org/

This thread has basically become the comedy podcast thread, but I'm wondering if any of y'all get down with this This American Life spinoff that follows a pretty interesting true crime story from Baltimore in the late 90's. I highly recommend it if you are into true crime and/or TAL.
Yeah Serial is great. Find myself listening to it first thing Thursday. #itwasJay

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

yup yup yup

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i don't really listen to TAL. serial is tight tho

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Stoned Starks wrote:#itwasJay
I want Adnan to be innocent, but I can't wrap my mind around why Jay would possibly have done that shit on his own.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Stoned Starks wrote:
The Ivy League Nigga wrote:http://serialpodcast.org/

Yeah Serial is great. Find myself listening to it first thing Thursday. #itwasJay
Yeah, I just started getting into it. I don't really get into comedy podcasts....mainly sports pods and Juan Epstein but Serial has me open right now.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

It's gonna come out that adnan was fuckin jay's broad and jay wanted revenge!

Nah but seriously serial is amazing, bummed i'm all caught up and have to wait.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Good episode of Combat Jack w/ Bomani Jones. Not really rap or sports, more just general social issues. Good shit

https://soundcloud.com/thecombatjackshow/the-return-of-bomani-jones-episode

PEACE

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

yall still fucking with podcasts?

there's a fuckton of them nowadays.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I think it got old fast. Some podcasts are very good and interesting but quickly become repetitive unless the focus is ultra-tight.

But most podcasts seem to be designed for lonely people who dont have anyone to talk to. The podcasts allows you to listen in on other peoples conversation, as if you sat next to them on the bus. The quality of talking isn't much above your average buspassengers either. Its pretty sad but I can understand why its so popular to listen to other people talk about nothing. For basically the same reasons people watch tv-dramas about everydaystuff - but in the case of podcasts its even more pathetic imo because the pretense of being "entertained" is much more thin. This doesnt apply as much to niche-podcasts as the more common "semi-celeb talks about stuff"-podcast.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

ric

Post by ric »

@comedy
I kind of agree about some of that. i love interview shows and podcasts though even though I don't listen to podcasts much at all for precisely some of the reasons you outlined.

but try the semi new podcast drink champs. watch it on YouTube also. the watching maybe makes it more approachable. pick an episode that interests you like too short maybe. or Pete Rock dj premier. or dame dash even.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

drink champs get good guests but nore really knows NOTHING about hip-hop. efn, who knows more, gets like 140 characters per show. i thought the brand nubian show was good but the duck down show was just awful. there is no real format other than drinking and talking shit but when they talk hip-hop i cringe. nore literally knows nothing.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Watch/listen Joe rogans Podcast all the time

Chael sonnens podcast is great for mma fans
Talk is Jericho and stone colds podcasts are good from time to time to

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Uhh Yeah Dude is still the gold standard for me. I'll listen to Doug Loves Movies or Joe Rogan's depending on the guests. Henry Rollins on JRE was real interesting to me, dude is borderline crazy.

Anne Heche and the director the movie she was in losing their shit on Doug Loves Movies was lols

ric

Post by ric »

@philaflava
I wouldn't say literally nothing but the key for the show is the personalities and stories not the information. these podcasts are like two hours long some big names have 4ish hours. there is really good shit in here. it's true efn keeps his mouth shut like 99.5% of the time. but still show is dope. too short talking about how he learned how to hustle is really dope shit.

Just watched that duck down episode. it starts like garbage and is rowdy and unfocused the whole time but I actually kinda like it and it's that way partly because the group is so big and there's so much to say and there's clearly personal history there
Last edited by ric on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i agree the show is good, but when nore tries to talk hip-hop it's tough. the premier/pete rock show was a good example. he didn't even know song titles.

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

For Hip Hop I check out No Ideas Original Radio, Take It Personal and Grown Man Rap show, for rare 60's Soul I check Downtown Soulville Radio, for films I check out EMPIRE on Soundcloud and The Sausage Factory on YouTube.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

I listen to the daily which the New York Times podcast