Podcasts Recommendations

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

no love for bill burr's monday morning podcast?

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

samdoom wrote:no love for bill burr's monday morning podcast?
I listen every monday. And its the only podcast i listen to THAT consistently.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

I was on the mot recent The World and Why
We got really drunk and played like 1700 characters that all had the same voice. its retarded.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the- ... mpt=uo%3D4

ecwclown2

Post by ecwclown2 »

If you're into pro wrestling, check out Colt Cabana's "Art of Wrestling" podcast... it's awesome.

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Somebody mentioned The Mike O'Meara Show.

I also fuck with Big O and Dukes.

Comics fans should check out War Rocket Ajax.

And I'm kinda salty HYPEMEN is on hiatus.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

just saw that jay mohrs started a podcast back in june. don't know how that slipped by but am def gonna start listening to it. anyone checked it out?
moved by duck muscles

None

Post by None »

The Dead Authors podcast with Paul F. Tompkins started today, I recommend it.

http://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/

Also, go on iTunes and type in Dead Author and grab the Echo Time Mart one from 8/25/10, which has Edgar Allen Poe and J.D. Salinger.

Or listen to it here...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/945223124d5232f8/

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3YgHk4FoXYo?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3YgHk4FoXYo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Nets 2022

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

LilLeftBrain wrote:just saw that jay mohrs started a podcast back in june. don't know how that slipped by but am def gonna start listening to it. anyone checked it out?
episode 2 is fucking hilarious.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

^just listened to that one. really, really good. the one dudes little black boy voice was murderous. def in for these weekly now
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

mohr stories is so damn good. think #4 with bert kreischer was the best so far, though in every episode they keep going back to 'but there's kingfish in there' from #2 and it gets me every time.
was surprised to find out that the tracy morgan story that jay always tells actually happened to bert, but there's a video on youtube of bert telling it on joe rogans podcast and it doesn't measure up to jays at all
nikki cox being legitimately funny was a nice surprise as well
love the mohrs
moved by duck muscles

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

yeah bert the conquer killed it, great story teller and his laugh is contagious.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

the story w/ the bear was great, but the story w/ the lions nearly had me taking a knee

saw that the first season of his discovery channel show is on instant netflix, gonna have to check it
moved by duck muscles

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

:rofl: @ that dude taking a knee in a supermarket

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Walking the Room (with Dave Anthony & Greg Behrendt)
Uhh Yeah Dude (with Seth Romatelli and Jonathan Larroquette)

both of these are weekly pods where two comedians/bros bullshit about shit for an hour, entertaining.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

LilLeftBrain wrote:mohr stories is so damn good.
So good. The stories he tells about Chris Farley taking a shit out a window, wrestling Chris Farley in front of an elevator, Tom Cruise, and Chris Farley on SNL are the best. And yes, episode 2 with Tom Segura is a monster.

I also fucks with The Champs podcast with Neal Brennan, Moshe Kasher and DJ Douggpound.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Kalel wrote:The stories he tells about Chris Farley taking a shit out a window
did he actually tell that story? jay alluded to it in the one with kevin nealon, but didn't tell it. i've listened to eleven of these in the past three days, but skipped episode three for some reason, so i'm thinking it must be in that one
moved by duck muscles

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

LilLeftBrain wrote:
Kalel wrote:The stories he tells about Chris Farley taking a shit out a window
did he actually tell that story? jay alluded to it in the one with kevin nealon, but didn't tell it. i've listened to eleven of these in the past three days, but skipped episode three for some reason, so i'm thinking it must be in that one
He definitely told it, but I can't remember which episode it was on. I would guess its the third ep though.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

yup it was in ep 3. great story
moved by duck muscles

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

http://thechamps.libsyn.com/

new fave podcast. listened to four episodes today
neil brennan (chappelle's show), moshe kasher (oakland), dj douggpound (tim & eric's awesome show great job!) + a diff black guest each week. the 2 parter w/ blake griffin was surprisingly dope
brennan worked w/ chappelle & countless other black comics, moshe grew up as a wannabe gangster in oakland & douggpound is a dj who does an insane amount of drops on the podcast. they're far from "how can i be down" types, but they all share some knowledge of "urban"/black/hip hop culture.. which sometimes seems rare amongst white comedians

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Kalel wrote:I also fucks with The Champs podcast with Neal Brennan, Moshe Kasher and DJ Douggpound.
:cheers:

currently..

01. The Best Show on WFMU
02. The Champs
03. Who Charted?
04. Uhh Yeah Dude
05. Doug Loves Movies
06. The Lavender Hour (can't stand natasha.. but duncan trussell is too fucking good)
07. Comedy Bang Bang
08. WTF
09. Stop Podcasting Yourself
10. How Did This Get Made?

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

Since Im a huge fan I've been listening to any podcast that Eddie Pepitone is on. Havent checked out the Longshot Podcast yet which he;s a regular on, but I did get turned on the The Todd Glass Show and Comedy Bang Bang.

Nobody listen to Joe Rogans podcast?

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i listen to the rogan episodes w/ duncan trussell.
rogan's stoner/psychedelic/conspiracy theories just tend to get on my nerves sometimes so i don't really check a lot of other episodes. which is weird because trussell is right there with him.. but it somehow seems like rogan is serious as cancer about every single thing he says while duncan seems a little more realistic/endearing

squareboy

Post by squareboy »

Harry Hater wrote:Since Im a huge fan I've been listening to any podcast that Eddie Pepitone is on. Havent checked out the Longshot Podcast yet which he;s a regular on, but I did get turned on the The Todd Glass Show and Comedy Bang Bang.

Nobody listen to Joe Rogans podcast?
for a guy who's into mma and psychadelics, rogan is a very cool dude.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

I feel like I'm constantly listening to podcasts/radio these days

I check:
every Joe Rogan Experience
every Mohr Stories
most Opie and Anthony
most Ron and Fez
most Unmasked
most WTF
every other Doug Loves Movies
every other Comedy Bang Bang
occasional Adam Carolla
occassional Pod F. Tompkast

and then today, this thread leads me to The Champs which is great and I found the Nick and Artie Show (Nick Di Paolo and Artie Lange) which I'm about to check and I can't imagine it being bad.

antisoc like ponyboy

icedit- curious about Todd Glass show (no sprinkles) and RIP Tom Green podcast and the short-lived The ABC's of SNL w/ John Lovitz

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

ObeseJesus wrote:every Mohr Stories
PUT YA NAME ON IT!

Seriously though, I've become a Jay Mohr stan I've gone as far to check past episodes of Ghost Whisperer. WTF.

But it also led me to check out Tom Segura's podcast "Your Mom's House". It's on the Death Squad network (Joe Rogan) so if you're a fan of that stuff you might like it.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

ackbar wrote:Image

http://thechamps.libsyn.com/

new fave podcast. listened to four episodes today
neil brennan (chappelle's show), moshe kasher (oakland), dj douggpound (tim & eric's awesome show great job!) + a diff black guest each week. the 2 parter w/ blake griffin was surprisingly dope
brennan worked w/ chappelle & countless other black comics, moshe grew up as a wannabe gangster in oakland & douggpound is a dj who does an insane amount of drops on the podcast. they're far from "how can i be down" types, but they all share some knowledge of "urban"/black/hip hop culture.. which sometimes seems rare amongst white comedians
checked the first 3 episodes show is lulz

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Kalel wrote:Seriously though, I've become a Jay Mohr stan I've gone as far to check past episodes of Ghost Whisperer. WTF.
ha. haven't gone that far yet but i did d/l and watch a significant chunk of jerry mcguire the other day due to mohr stanism.
Patrice O'Neal is on the new one, btw.

Will have to check out that tom segura podcast
moved by duck muscles

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

I like Mohr's podcast, I like Jay Mohr but when I listen I think:

How many bottom of the ninth references can one mother fucker make week after week. His description of landing Jerry Maguire referenced Tennis, Baseball, Football and everything short of Squash and Celtic Log Tossing.

That being said I constantly want to yell "I aint goin in the water!"

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

i think the only thing that get's on my nerves on mohr stories is jay, in every single episode, trots out that "you've got to create A PROBLEM for them" statement. There's two or three other similar statements he also does this with, which i'm blanking on atm, but they always irk me
tiny quibble just a dibble
moved by duck muscles