The Dark Knight Rises - July 20, 2012

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

The Afronaut wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:OMG BUT BANE DOESNT FIT IN CHRISTOPHER NOLAN'S BATMAN UNIVERSE
How come?
parodying a common complaint of retards in this thread.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Hathaway is better than the previous two slores he chose, didn't wanna see Catwoman in this trilogy though

They will make Bane work, Tom Hardy is a great actor and they will put him to use

I don't think this will be better than DK, if Heath was still alive then ya i would expect it to be but it's gonna be a great movie regardless

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
The Afronaut wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:OMG BUT BANE DOESNT FIT IN CHRISTOPHER NOLAN'S BATMAN UNIVERSE
How come?

It's a legitimate complaint with regards to the outlandish sci-fi bullshit like Killer Croc and Man-Bat that nerds were hoping for in this movie.

That shit belongs in a video game, not a series of films that is most noted for its marriage of comic book superheroism and real-world feasibility.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Truth. wrote:They will make Bane work, Tom Hardy is a great actor and they will put him to use
Agreed.

@GP

My bad didnt get the sarcasm. :leon:

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Interested in seeing how they handle the luchador mask and the venom bit...you know what with teh Nolan Universe being 4 realz.

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

Tommy Bunz wrote: some of you aholes are going to be eating some crow in the future.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Brougham33 wrote:luchador mask
:lol: No way that makes it in. Please God no.

Panama

Post by Panama »

Combo7 wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
The Afronaut wrote:
How come?

It's a legitimate complaint with regards to the outlandish sci-fi bullshit like Killer Croc and Man-Bat that nerds were hoping for in this movie.

That shit belongs in a video game, not a series of films that is most noted for its marriage of comic book superheroism and real-world feasibility.
1. What "nerds" are talking about fucking man-bat or killer croc??

2. Tons of superhero comics have a realistic point of view ( Not just Nolan Batman films)

Gregg Popabitch

Yes, because Venom is definitely rooted in reality.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Kinda bummed there's no Harvey Quinn. She gave boners in video game form. IMAGINE WHAT SHE'D DO IN NOLANS UNIVERSE
moved by duck muscles

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

LilLeftBrain wrote:Kinda bummed there's no Harvey Quinn. She gave boners in video game form. IMAGINE WHAT SHE'D DO IN NOLANS UNIVERSE
I honestly think I'd rather see her than Catwoman.

Patches O'Houlihan

Post by Patches O'Houlihan »

I have no doubt that Hathaway will be great, but I think moreso than Jack compared to Ledger, that she wont really compare at all to Pfieffer's catwoman who was amazing, dont get me wrong she'll put her spin on it and it will be good, BUUUUT you cant fuck with the dark catwoman in "Returns".
A new era has begun and it goes by the numbers 1,3,6

Gregg Popabitch

everyone was saying the same thing about heath ledger.

i think we should hold reservations and go in with an open mind. Nolan has been excellent so far.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:everyone was saying the same thing about heath ledger.

i think we should hold reservations and go in with an open mind. Nolan has been excellent so far.
Point.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:everyone was saying the same thing about heath ledger.
Ex-fucking-actly.

If you would have told someone Heath Ledger was going to put in one of most memorable performances of the decade before Dark Knight came out they would :rofl:.

Gregg Popabitch

So Joseph Gordon Levitt is in talks to be in the movie now.

Many people will ask........is he going to play the Riddler? They might be right.

But with all the talk that Nolan not wanting this to happen, could it be a curveball? Could he play the Boy Wonder?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

nolan said a bunch of times he wont have Robin as a character

but that doesn't mean he can't get clever and work it dick grayson somehow anyway, without explicitly making him to be the homo ward
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Gregg Popabitch

drizzle wrote:nolan said a bunch of times he wont have Robin as a character
like i said, that could be a the perfect curveball.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

ya Bale said this about Robin a few years ago
ג€œIf Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, Iג€™ll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work.ג€

Gregg Popabitch

curveballs

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Fuck Joseph Gordon Levitt.
He's Topher Grace part 2.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:So Joseph Gordon Levitt is in talks to be in the movie now.
He will do well.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Hugo Strange

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:So Joseph Gordon Levitt is in talks to be in the movie now.

Many people will ask........is he going to play the Riddler? They might be right.

But with all the talk that Nolan not wanting this to happen, could it be a curveball? Could he play the Boy Wonder?

I bet will be robin some how.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

A Jean Paul Valley or even Terry Mcginnis type character is more likely if Levitt isn't a villain. Bane is in this thing for a reason...

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

would be neat if they had bane break batman's back and then JGL steps in as mcginnis/next batman, or something like that. but only if all that happens in the end and is not a setup for a new series with JGL
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

blastmaster wrote:A Jean Paul Valley or even Terry Mcginnis type character is more likely if Levitt isn't a villain. Bane is in this thing for a reason...
Id take Valley over McGinnis and Grayson/Todd/Drake/or even Al-Ghul-Wayne over both. :smugkid:

alpha

Post by alpha »

drizzle wrote:would be neat if they had bane break batman's back and then JGL steps in as mcginnis/next batman, or something like that. but only if all that happens in the end and is not a setup for a new series with JGL
I wouldn't mind seeing that too. I just don't see how they could pull that off in one movie. how would nolan introduce a potential batman replacement in a believeable nolan way?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

alpha wrote:
drizzle wrote:would be neat if they had bane break batman's back and then JGL steps in as mcginnis/next batman, or something like that. but only if all that happens in the end and is not a setup for a new series with JGL
I wouldn't mind seeing that too. I just don't see how they could pull that off in one movie. how would nolan introduce a potential batman replacement in a believeable nolan way?
I could see them teasing it at the end. The whole idea that Batman is a symbol and it doesn't matter who is behind the mask blah blah blah was big in Begins.

I still hope we get some Hugo Strange.

alpha

Post by alpha »

blastmaster wrote:
alpha wrote:
I could see them teasing it at the end. The whole idea that Batman is a symbol and it doesn't matter who is behind the mask blah blah blah was big in Begins.

I still hope we get some Hugo Strange.
I was referring more to Bane breaking batmans back and them introducing a new batman mid film or final act.