The Horror Movie Thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Spartan

Re: The Horror Movie Thread

Post by Spartan »

Can't blame them really. If the visual treatment went the vibrant route, folks would have written it off as a lazy redo of the original. I like the new cold, muted look. Ironically, it looks like a seventies horror flick.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Much better.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

How ‘Us’ Turned Weed Anthem ‘I Got 5 on It’ Into a Creepy Horror Theme

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/25/arts ... luniz.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Really need to see this.

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Here's a fun fact.

Jordan Peele is married to Chelsea Peretti. Chelsea Peretti's brother is Jonah Peretti. Jonah Peretti is the CEO of Buzzfeed and co-founder of the Huffington Post.

Makes you wonder about the incredible media pushes this guy gets.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Someone needs to make a beat with the 5 On It strings.

Us was very enjoyable. It's a fun mix of horror tropes with some original ideas of its own. The third act has a lot of clumsy exposition and, as in Get Out, the comic relief didn't sit too well with me. But the characters in the film keep everything engaging and Lupita carries the movie on her shoulders throughout. A lesser actress could have made the messy parts of the script indigestible. She kind of looks a bit like a voodoo doll to begin with which is the icing on the cake.

While everything written about Jordan Peele is usually infuriating he himself seems like a decent guy, even when hes trolling white people, so I won't let the Icesickle-effect ruin his films for me.
Last edited by Comedy Quaddafi on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Comedy Quaddafi

Also Pet Semetary is out this weekend. I guess this won't be the last King remake we see in the coming years. No one will have the balls to touch The Shining but I think a few of his other films might get revisited by the studios after the huge success of IT.

I don't think I have even seen the OG Pet Semetary, or if I have I only vaguely remember something about a family living next to a graveyard. Perhaps I will check it out before the remake, trailer (2019) looks solid enough and I'm a sucker for antagonists with masks
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Comedy Quaddafi

Strickland's new film is finally out tomorrow on VOD.

Looks like the wait for Midsommar, Ari Aster's new film, is almost over.

Here it's out the same day as the new film from Alexandra Aja, who I stopped following after Piranha 3D because his two most recent films look a bit weak. But his new film, Crawl, might be okay. It's about gators in a basement, so I guess a fun creature film hopefully.

- MB

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

I'm hyped for In Fabric, the trailer hooked me
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo