The Killing (New AMC Show)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

The Killing (New AMC Show)

Post by Truth. »

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u9av38iK_Y0?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u9av38iK_Y0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Starring:
Mireille Enos (Big Love)
Billy Campbelll (The 4400, Once and Again)
Michelle Forbes (True Blood, Durham County, 24)
Brent Sexton (Justified, Deadwood, Life)
Kristin Lehman (Drive, Human Target)
Eric Ladin (Mad Men, Big Love)

The Killing. From writer, executive producer and series showrunner Veena Sud (Cold Case), The Killing is based on the wildly successful Danish television series Forbrydelsen and tells the story of the murder of a young girl in Seattle and the subsequent police investigation. Season one will consist of thirteen one-hour episodes, each covering 1 day of the murder investigation.

The Killing ties together three distinct stories around a single murder including the detectives assigned to the case, the victim's grieving family, and the suspects. Set in Seattle, the story also explores local politics as it follows politicians connected to the case. As the series unfolds, it becomes clear that there are no accidents; everyone has a secret, and while the characters think they've moved on, their past isn't done with them.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I remember this when it was called Murder One. Talk about a show ahead of its time.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

LOL @ remaking this show. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel there...

Then again it's been a hit in most of Europe so it should be a safe enough way to pick up a paycheck.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

The Danish series has been airing over here. Keep meaning to catch it and end up missing it for one reason or another.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

havent seen the original, but this looks pretty damn good. amc "original" programming is generally on point

Dan

Post by Dan »

2 hour premier is tonight.

My DVR is set, so I'll give it a chance.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

ah thanks for the reminder, i totally forgot.

I will give everything AMC makes a shot.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

not too wild about that trailer up above, but will give the premiere a go. gotta fill that pretty little liars sized hole in my heart with something i suppose
moved by duck muscles

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Pretty good actually. Some of the casting had me doing the :naswtf: at first but it works. I'll definitely keep watching.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Love the mood and the feel of it. (nh, if necessary)
Seattle is my favorite city, I hope they showcase as much of it as possible.
The Comedy Quadaffi cop creeps me the fuck out though.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Comedy Quaddafi

This dude? Maybe if I did more meth

Think I'm gonna check this out, all signs are encouraging so far.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Jayou Ayen wrote:The Comedy Quadaffi cop creeps me the fuck out though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Really dug this.

TBH The sweeping shot of the city between every single scene did remind me a little bit of The Room, though.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Really solid.

A few "I live in Seattle" nits.

Nobody calls Mercer Island (Rich suburb v. close to Seattle) "The Island".

Rich kids, even in fits of irony do not party in Tukwila.

The Blue Moon (or at least the most famous one is 5 minutes from where I work and not in Tukwila).

It will be amusing if they pretend like one of the mayoral candidates is Republican, 'cause they don't run for Mayor in Seattle (at least not as meaningful threats).

Beyond that small stuff- I did like how much of the city they showed. Waiting to see my neighborhood/office building eventually

Dan

Post by Dan »

I was all set to watch this today and it's nowhere to be found on my DVR. Checking the log on my DVR, it said "unable to record (error 7)." No idea what that is. Replay is Thursday night, so I'll just wait until then.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

the first half of the show was directed really well, not so much for the 2nd half.
UBM CD COMING SOON

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Don't really feel strongly about this show one way or another yet.

The woman cop just stares at shit intently all the time. The Quaddafi cop has potential though. Will keep watching.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

i like it.
i want to fuck the ugly gingercop cause shes sexy as hell.
i want to punch my posses on wiggerway in the fucking face until he finds the cage.
i want to see the mayorial candidate's flame's tits.
a pretend O face.
i want to cry my fucking eyes out thinking about what if that was my 18 year old. i would have fucking killed myself.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I just watched it. I think it's pretty dope. At first, whig cop bothered me but I liked him by the end of the episode.
As for the killer, my money is on Brandon Sexton III for no other reason than that looks like a dude who would kill his friends daughter.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Solid follow-up. Surprised how gripping the case is considering they really haven't given us much reason at all to give a shit about the girl who died.
Definitely has a bit of Twin Peaks to it all.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Solid follow-up. Surprised how gripping the case is considering they really haven't given us much reason at all to give a shit about the girl who died.
I'm guessing all the family gut wrenching realistic type sorrow is supposed to make us give a fuck about the dead chick. I mean they are really playing on the emotion strings by focusing on the family's everyday dealings with the loss and trying to make it personal with all that. But yeah, thats more of giving a fuck about the fam but not the whore so yeah you're right.

Shows been decent so far, I'll keep checking.
The fiend looking detective started off creepy but likable at this point. I still don't like the ginger bitch detective, but they did kind of show that she has tits this episode, so thats a plus. Her husband seems creepish too, though. Fuckin seattle.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Solid follow-up. Surprised how gripping the case is considering they really haven't given us much reason at all to give a shit about the girl who died.
Word. I'm liking this show a lot. I am curious how they will drag it out for 13 episodes and if a second season would be possible.
Imo, it's way better than walking dead.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Blockhead wrote:At first, whig cop bothered me but I liked him by the end of the episode.
Pedo Recognize Pedo.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
Blockhead wrote:At first, whig cop bothered me but I liked him by the end of the episode.
Pedo Recognize Pedo.

Don't act like you don't lure children into your low rider van with double downs and churro's.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Blockhead wrote:
Word. I'm liking this show a lot. I am curious how they will drag it out for 13 episodes and if a second season would be possible.
Nah, not to me so far. I am curious to know what they would do for a second season though.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Verge wrote:
Blockhead wrote:
Nah, not to me so far. I am curious to know what they would do for a second season though.
Same here. Third season of the Danish version starts soon, although I've avoided reading much more about it. As for tits, the Mormon ginge was pregnant while filming, so they should be getting bigger.

Comedy Quaddafi

Second season had a new storyline. The third one will have a different mystery plot too.

It will drag on the same way every tv-show does, more ridiculous and unrealistic drama between characters and forced plot-twists.
- MB

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Im enjoying it quite a bit. Almost shut it off in the first half hour of the first episode because everyone seemed a bit too "norweggian" but glad I stuck it out.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

OFF TOPIC:
what is your sig from...hahahaha! :lol:

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Second season had a new storyline. The third one will have a different mystery plot too.

It will drag on the same way every tv-show does, more ridiculous and unrealistic drama between characters and forced plot-twists.
Ah. That makes sense.
As for your description, have you watched the american version or are you just describing the Euro version?