The Hangover 2 TEASER

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

The Hangover 2 TEASER

Post by drizzle »

no embedding, watch here

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thehangoverpart2/

monkeys are always good
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Face tat.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

nice to see they ditched their lame friend

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

shit just read he's in this one too

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

SPOILER ALERT !!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48653

The Wolf Sack reports from a La Mesa, Ca Test Screening of THE HANGOVER, PART 2... "It Absolutely Fucking Rocked."Published on: Feb 26, 2011 5:31:44 PM CST
SPOILER ALERT !!

Hey folks, Harry here... still recouping, but man... I'd have loved to have been in La Mesa, CA for this Test Screening of THE HANGOVER Part 2. I was incredibly late on covering the first film. Seemed that everyone in the world saw it before me. Life conspired against me, and when I finally saw it - two weeks after release in Las Vegas with Yoko... I suddenly got why everyone fell in love. The original film was the shit. Now - I have to admit, when I got the following report from the film, I was terrified of massive spoilers... finding out about every cameo... a ton of gags ruined, but luckily this scoopster, decided to be considerate about how he'd write about the film. Making sure that we would be teased, but not spoiled. That tends to be my favorite type of early preview reviews.
Hey! So I live in La Mesa, CA which is just outside of San Diego. Last week my friend and I were approached and asked if we'd like to attend a free screening of a "new comedy coming out later this year". We don't get a lot of screenings out here so we were kind of psyched. We asked who was in it? The woman inviting us had no clue. She genuinely didn't know. We were just hoping this wasn't going to be some Rob Schnieder Shit Show.

We show up to the theater on Thursday night and there was a pretty big line. Everyone was holding their blue invitations but no one knew what the movie was. They were asking questions to certain people on line and then pulling them off line. It was pretty funny. We looked around and saw no one in suits (outside of the security guards) and figured this must not be a big studio movie.

When we finally got in to the theater the guy comes out and tells us that he has good news and bad news. The good news was that the movie we were about to see was THE HANGOVER PART 2. Everyone went crazy! Loud hooting and hollering!! I looked around and saw Todd Phillips standing on the side of the theater, alone. There were no studio guys around him. It was actually kind of weird. By the way, the bad news was that we couldn't tell anyone we saw it! (whoops). We were sworn to secrecy as apparently they had just finished filming the movie and this was the VERY FIRST PUBLIC SCREENING.

Anyway, on to the movie. IT ABSOLUTELY FUCKING ROCKED.

It is similar to the first one in some ways, except it totally ups the insanity level. It is seriously one of the most fucked up studio comedies to ever be made. I am not even sure how much of what we saw will actually be in the ultimate release, because some of it seemed just too crazy.

It opens in a similar way, Phil makes a call, he's on the roof of a skyscraper. Says we fucked up. Apologizes. The crowd went crazy. And then it cuts to a week earlier where we learn that Stew is getting married to a new girl, her parents are from Thailand and the wedding is at some resort over there. Stew is still "emotionally scarred" from what happened 2 years ago in Vegas. Alan (Zack Galafinakis) is not invited to the wedding and is really upset about it. Phil and Doug end up convincing Stew to invite him.

The truth is I don't want to spoil what happens over there. Here is what I will say. The guys (and there wives) go to some beautiful Thailand resort. The guys make a toast and Phil, Stew and Alan wake up in Bangkok the next morning. More fucked up and more fucked over than you can imagine. And just to put all the rumors to rest: THEY DO NOT LOSE DOUG. He is safe and sound back at the resort. But, like the first one, they don't remember what happened. Also like the first one, it ends up all making sense.

But before it ties up, the guys get put through some pretty unbelievable shit. The highlights for me: 1. A drug dealing monkey who smokes cigarettes. 2. Mr. Chow is back and better than ever. 3. A car chase through Bangkok. 4. Stew and his dark side are revealed through a beautiful girl they met the night before. 5. Alan's fucked up flashback. I'm being vague on purpose, you will thank me later.

The crowd I saw it with were going crazy. I kept looking over at Todd Phillips who was by himself sitting on the floor in the aisle. He was watching the audience and never really looked up at the screen. He must have been pretty happy with how it played. It was definitely an early cut, there were some slow parts and some things that seemed "unfinished" but overall I loved it. On the way out my friend and I were discussing if it was actually better than the first one. He thought it was. I thought it was close but probably the first one. The audience seemed to like this better than the audience I saw the first one with, but maybe that was just because we were the first to see it and we didn't know what movie to expect.

Oh, and one other thing. They have photos at the end. You may want to stick around. EPIC.

If you use this just call me THE WOLF'S SACK.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

Cast:Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Justin Bartha, Ken Jeong

JaH BLaZe

Post by JaH BLaZe »

the first one was onpoint funny. even after you see the comercials on tv more funny. you know that?

Monotonous

Post by Monotonous »

first one is some high quality funny

definitely a modern classic

i still like to yell at my girlfriend "PAGING DOCTOR FAGGOT"

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

I will be in Thailand when this drops, and this one is set in Thailand, so when I get home I'm sure I'll get to be accused of all kinds of ridiculousness that takes place in the movie. Probably try to catch it while I'm over there.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBqXqJP8A1A?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBqXqJP8A1A?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

"What is this a PF Chang's?"

:lol:

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Notice Paul Giamatti's name in the cast credits in the new trailer.

Should be amazing.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

does anyone think this will be funnier than the first one?

Post by 360 »

Chang is going to be amazing.

Panama

Post by Panama »

samdoom wrote:does anyone think this will be funnier than the first one?
naw but still enjoyable

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

OMG SO EXCITED

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

no one talking about Hangover 2? i caught the midnight showing. I gotta say, it was just alright. The first one was more memorable to me. This second one had about 2-3 "OH SHIT" moments for me. The rest was forgettable.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Rt's:

31% critics
94% audience

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Saw it last night and it kind of sucked.

A very cheap sequal to a good to very good original movie.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

how is it compared to BRIDESMAIDS?

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Everything about the previews make it seem like they're just trying too hard to recapture what made the first one work. These guys are already insane, they don't need to be put in an even more insane place (Bangkok). And it seems like they just retread a bunch of jokes from the original.

Meh, I'll catch it at some point, but I don't really have an urge to rush out to see it.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Sylissez wrote:Meh, I'll catch it at some point, but I don't really have an urge to rush out to see it.
Exactly. I'll wait until it's on HBO and if there is nothing else on TV. Loved the first one (I'm one of those assholes that quoted this movie into the fucking ground, sorry), but this one looks like it's going to be terrible.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

If you have really low standards of film you might enjoy this one. Many people in my extended circle seem to love it.

TheBeeShine

Post by TheBeeShine »

looking forward to this!

Dap

Post by Dap »

heard nothing but bad things so far

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Sylissez wrote:Everything about the previews make it seem like they're just trying too hard to recapture what made the first one work. These guys are already insane, they don't need to be put in an even more insane place (Bangkok).
Would've been much more clever if they went to wine country instead.

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

I didn't think the first one was classic or near classic, but a good enjoyable movie. This one seemed to mirror the first one entirely too much. It's not a bad movie, just nothing special.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

^i'm on same boat. I thought the first one was funny...but didn't get the crazy hype surrounding it.

Second one had its moments where it was down right hilarious. But there were quite a few spots where it dragged.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Shit was pretty weak. It certainly had some funny moments but it was completely uneven and they basically just did the exact same jokes as the last movie the entire time. Meh...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Blockhead wrote:Shit was pretty weak. It certainly had some funny moments but it was completely uneven and they basically just did the exact same jokes as the last movie the entire time. Meh...
But what did you really expect?