CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

BigCat8

Re: CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Post by BigCat8 »

I think this was the first public word on Teddy's performing cats.

LOL at Lit/Ashe Samuels being Teddy's personal cat-handler (and an aspiring hip-hop star).

Post by 907 »

I've watched that dozens of times, and it never gets old.

God, I wish someone would have picked up his reality show pitch. It would have been amazing.

Chaz, I had no idea the FACT gimmick was based on Teddy. That's amazing.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

That was a good Raw, even if much of it didn't make sense to me. Well mostly the Rowan and Cesaro thing. I'm fine if Cesaro serves as a Team Authority guy, or a final boss security for Rollins, but having him job every week while being a heel going nowhere is the worst. And why would Rowan have beef with Harper? Zero explanation, just Rowan pointing angrily at Harper.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

The Cesaro thing was a cool little tease. I appreciate the nod. Gay move for Zigz to lose the title tho.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Yeah, didn't seem necessary at all that Ziggler dropped the belt. Thought they were doing a great job building him as a credible #2.

Also, I want this Catsaro shirt

ImageImage

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I think Ziggler dropping the belt, the way they did it, might be a good thing. He's a cornerstone of this main event angle and would have to lose the title at some point while still looking strong. When mid-card guys get pushed to the main event, mid-card titles become problematic albatrosses, and having him lose it on a surprise match with a sneak attack and no build going into his main event match on Sunday is really the best way they could have done it at this point.

I'm also excited about Harper being a fighting champion. Building Harper, a dude with a clean slate, up WHILE building the IC belt up is the best for all parties involved, ESPECIALLY if Cesaro gets turned face. Harper and Cesaro had what many consider to be the best feud in Chikara's history, so getting to see them do what they can now on the biggest stage would be incredible.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Has anyone seen Ziggler's stand-up? He's painfully unfunny on twitter, but maybe thats just his schtick there. A friend is trying to book him before the Rumble.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

The last Cesaro-Harper cage match in Chikara was incredible. That fued needs to happen.

Fantasy Booking for Summer Slam: lesner comes in at the end and gets team cena the win, then turns again and destroys team cena setting up Paul E as the new heel authority. Paul then brings up a bunch of NXT talent as his new stable.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

blastmaster wrote:The last Cesaro-Harper cage match in Chikara was incredible. That fued needs to happen.

Fantasy Booking for Summer Slam: lesner comes in at the end and gets team cena the win, then turns again and destroys team cena setting up Paul E as the new heel authority. Paul then brings up a bunch of NXT talent as his new stable.
An anti McMahon Paul heyman heel authority would be interesting... As we all know there was legit heat between Vince and heyman in the past

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

blastmaster wrote:Fantasy Booking for Summer Slam: lesner comes in at the end and gets team cena the win, then turns again and destroys team cena setting up Paul E as the new heel authority. Paul then brings up a bunch of NXT talent as his new stable.
Wow, yeah this would be amazing. I don't know why they've kept Heyman off of TV. I get that they don't want people to think about Lesnar when he's not going to be around but they should be giving Heyman something else to do in the meantime.

What are you guys predicting or hoping for on Sunday? For the main event, I'm guessing Cesaro (unless he's in another match) will end up getting involved to help out the Authority and then Orton will come out, RKO everybody left on the Authority (out of nowhere) and Team Cena will win. At this point the Orton finish seems extremely likely, with the real mystery being who will become the new authority (presumably on the following Raw). If they're going with a face authority, this would be the perfect spot for Daniel Bryan. It's been said that Bryan will be involved on the road to mania, why not bring him in to continue his feud with the Authority, get massive pops each week, and build the tension until he is able to wrestle again. If not Bryan, then it should be whatever big name they're planning on bringing in for Mania (The Rock, Sting, etc.) or maybe even Austin. Even if he'll never have another match, Austin as the face authority would be huge.

Back to SS...on paper Ambrose vs. Wyatt could be great but they've done an awful job building this feud since HIAC. I'm guessing this will involve some kind of swerve relating to whatever secret in Ambrose's past Wyatt keeps referring to.

For the 4-way tag match, I'm hoping they give Miz & Mizdow the belts, but I wouldn't be surprised if they jump right to starting the eventual Miz and Mizdow break-up. I wouldn't be mad at the Dust Bros. winning and then moving on to competing with a new team.

I couldn't care less about the two Divas matches.

Overall, it feels like SS is missing one solid match right now. A repeat of the Ziggler/Cesaro/Kidd match from last week's Smackdown would be perfect. I'm assuming they'll announce another match on Smackdown.

Apparently a re-packaged Fandango will be wrestling on the pre-show. Hopefully he comes back as a pissed off heel without any gimmicks.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Cesaro gets squashed by Rowan at smackdown. Wtf are they doing.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

No clue, this whole Cena vs Authority angle was a perfect time to turn Cesaro face or give him a roll in the authority. I almost don't believe the result, why squash him against the weakest guy when you made Cesaro look so strong against the the guy they're pushing most (ryback) on Monday?

hustler

Post by hustler »

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... xH950JJyRK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

BigCat8 wrote:I think this was the first public word on Teddy's performing cats.

LOL at Lit/Ashe Samuels being Teddy's personal cat-handler (and an aspiring hip-hop star).
Lol damn. Really wish that show got picked up. Much respect to Teddy for how he is handling those 2 bitches tho...

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Steen's vignette was awesome.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Watching "ECW: Exposed" on Tha Network, is it really true Joey Styles hit JBL w/ a one-punch KO? I've heard that story second hand before, but never on a shoot interview or anything. Can anyone break it down and do it justice?

Also, who got Wrestlemania tickets at Levi's besides me? Gonna be a huge parlay in Santa Clara...

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I can't recommend going to Wrestlemania enough. I'd been in the past, to WM13 and WM22, but going to 30 in New Orleans was easily the best "sporting" event I'd ever been to, trying to make the trip to SF this year as well if I can.

Loving these Austin podcast commentaries, most insight I've seen into how a match is really called:

AUSTIN VS HART-WRESTLEMANIA 13 w
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ap2s ... tary_sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Brough, I've never been to a Wm and it's in my hometown. I literally can't wait. Going to Summerslam in L.A. this year was amazing.

^ I mean, where else do you get a pic like this?

Anyway, l'll be in a rented tux for HOF at the Shark Tank, and will be in attendance for wherever RAW is the night following Mania chanting some dumb ish be it up in Sacramento or whatever. Again, I can't wait. Holler if you make it out to northern Cali, we'll do it up.

hustler

Post by hustler »

Brougham33 wrote:I can't recommend going to Wrestlemania enough. I'd been in the past, to WM13 and WM22, but going to 30 in New Orleans was easily the best "sporting" event I'd ever been to, trying to make the trip to SF this year as well if I can.

Loving these Austin podcast commentaries, most insight I've seen into how a match is really called:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ap2s ... tary_sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
these are awesome. its true the color made that match historic. that image of austin being contorted in the sharpshooter, his face covered in blood as he's writhing in agony is iconic.

battlecatmeowstab212

hustler wrote:
Brougham33 wrote:I can't recommend going to Wrestlemania enough. I'd been in the past, to WM13 and WM22, but going to 30 in New Orleans was easily the best "sporting" event I'd ever been to, trying to make the trip to SF this year as well if I can.

these are awesome. its true the color made that match historic. that image of austin being contorted in the sharpshooter, his face covered in blood as he's writhing in agony is iconic.
Blood just looks good on Austin. Prior to WM13, his victorious pose with the busted lip following his (highly underrated) King of the Ring '96 match with Marc Mero was the go-to image they used to build him up.

Those of you with the network should take a night in with King of the Ring '96. I'd without-hyperbole say it's a Top 3 all time most underrated event. Every match is great and wildly different, and Owen Hart does commentary throughout the whole event. For as much flack as mid-90s WWF gets, this was the absolute best card they could have possibly had with that roster and it excels.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -

Post by 907 »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
hustler wrote:

Blood just looks good on Austin. Prior to WM13, his victorious pose with the busted lip following his (highly underrated) King of the Ring '96 match with Marc Mero was the go-to image they used to build him up.

Those of you with the network should take a night in with King of the Ring '96. I'd without-hyperbole say it's a Top 3 all time most underrated event. Every match is great and wildly different, and Owen Hart does commentary throughout the whole event. For as much flack as mid-90s WWF gets, this was the absolute best card they could have possibly had with that roster and it excels.

I'm confused. You said every match is great, but you also mentioned a Marc Mero match. I'm sure it's a damn good show, but that dude never had a GREAT match in his entire career, and few that were even good. I've been watching Nitro from the beginning, and he's able to drag Eddie, Pillman, Benoit, and plenty other good to great wrestlers down to his level. Fuck a Johnny B Badd.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I'll believe it when I see it but this is the rumor going around:
Sting will finally make his debut at Survivor Series this Sunday.

battlecatmeowstab212

907 wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
hustler wrote:

I'm confused. You said every match is great, but you also mentioned a Marc Mero match. I'm sure it's a damn good show, but that dude never had a GREAT match in his entire career, and few that were even good. I've been watching Nitro from the beginning, and he's able to drag Eddie, Pillman, Benoit, and plenty other good to great wrestlers down to his level. Fuck a Johnny B Badd.
Well, Mero and Austin had been already wrestling up and down WCW for five years, so they knew how to play to each others' strengths. Mero was at the height of his athleticism before his injury, and both came out shining. Trust me, it's one of those matches that's better than it absolutely has any right to be.

In Mero's defense, I do give him credit in the same way I give Mable credit where they probably did they best that they could do given how young they were given the platform. Mero hadn't wrestled a match in his life and Dusty Rhodes hired him to be a Little Richard-like personality, so Mero began training to wrestle while his character was already on television. As rough as those '95 Mero match might be, for someone who's only been wrestling for three years by that point they're impressively passable.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Brougham33 wrote:I'll believe it when I see it but this is the rumor going around:
Sting will finally make his debut at Survivor Series this Sunday.

Read the same thing. Would be fantastic and a total game-changer for WM, but they will find a way to botch it.

battlecatmeowstab212

blastmaster wrote:Cesaro gets squashed by Rowan at smackdown. Wtf are they doing.
Rowan looked so good, I can't even get mad at that. It wasn't a squash, but I really think Rowan's got the goods. I was ready to groan when I thought he was another big man with a pump-handle slam or pump handle poperbomb finisher, but it was a PUMP-HANDLE BACKBREAKER that looked truly devastating. And his torture rack is such a unique visual and the move is normally for smaller muscle-bound guys as a demonstration of strength, but giving Rowan's size it just looked monsterous.

Now's your chance to get on the Rowan Rowboat (he's too big for a bandwagon).

hustler

Post by hustler »

all aboard the #ROWANROWBOAT

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Dolph!!

Can't believe they made him look so good.

Sting looks like Bruce Jenner.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

steph stole that whole goddamn thing there in the closing minutes
moved by duck muscles

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

LilLeftBrain wrote:steph stole that whole goddamn thing there in the closing minutes
Stephs temper tantrum was the funniest thing I've seen in wrestling in a minute.