CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

hustler wrote:
Kalel wrote:
hustler wrote:kofi kingston has always been the fuckin worst. absolute trash. hes still around getting chances and cesaro is pinned 20 weeks in a row. its fucking infuriating.
... define "trash".
me and you have already had multiple back and forths regarding him. we will never see eye to eye.

trash aka kofi kingston aka mr botchamania aka 0 charisma 0 mic skills he has a bad look and his in ring style is just jumping around like a frog, its fucking annoying to watch. probably the most pure PG wrestler of all time, even more PG than cena, he represents everything that is wrong with the wwe product. goofy ass smiling 24/7 shithead. randy orton knew he was trash and stopped his push, and forever relegated him to perennial midcarder/jobber status. even if randy hadn't done that, kofi would have done it to himself because he couldn't cut a promo to save his life.
Lol the Orton/kofi incident is pretty fuckin classic

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
Kalel wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Pretty great seeing Jimmy Jacobs as a Rosebud two nights in a row. Always fun seeing Taylor Hendricks too.
And Scarlett Bordeaux!
Word? I need to re-watch. I was lost in Jacobs' eyes.
She's got pinkish/purple hair now. Still hot as ever.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
hustler wrote:
Kalel wrote:
hustler wrote:kofi kingston has always been the fuckin worst. absolute trash. hes still around getting chances and cesaro is pinned 20 weeks in a row. its fucking infuriating.
... define "trash".
me and you have already had multiple back and forths regarding him. we will never see eye to eye.

trash aka kofi kingston aka mr botchamania aka 0 charisma 0 mic skills he has a bad look and his in ring style is just jumping around like a frog, its fucking annoying to watch. probably the most pure PG wrestler of all time, even more PG than cena, he represents everything that is wrong with the wwe product. goofy ass smiling 24/7 shithead. randy orton knew he was trash and stopped his push, and forever relegated him to perennial midcarder/jobber status. even if randy hadn't done that, kofi would have done it to himself because he couldn't cut a promo to save his life.
Lol the Orton/kofi incident is pretty fuckin classic
I don't ever remember having an discussion about Kofi with you, but my Philaflava history has been foggy since HLB ended.

Kofi has been relegated to the same babyface position because his in-ring style doesn't lend itself to a heel character. Nobody is going to boo Kofi while he's jumping around kicking people in the face because he's SUPER ATHLETIC and it's hard to boo someone when you're in awe of their ability. Can you imagine if he were a heel doing his Royal Rumble spots? Dude would be over instantaneously. Plus his name is fun to say.

I like Kofi, I think he has a lot to offer. I think he could be the same type of character as Rey Mysterio where he's the perennial underdog. He's not a huge dude, has no power moves, and has to rely on his speed and agility. He'll never be as popular as Rey but I don't see any reason why he can't occupy a similar space.

Maybe I'm wrong and this is just preworkout talking.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Kofi did just fine behind the headphones on RAW, and his high spots are some of the best in the business. You're an idiot, hustler.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

"Smooth Sailing" Ashley Remington, the best new talent of 2014, is debuting for ROH in 2015 as Dalton Castle.

This is good news for everybody.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Awesome. The smooth sailing gimmick is awesome.

hustler

Post by hustler »

Kalel wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote: Lol the Orton/kofi incident is pretty fuckin classic
I don't ever remember having an discussion about Kofi with you, but my Philaflava history has been foggy since HLB ended.

Kofi has been relegated to the same babyface position because his in-ring style doesn't lend itself to a heel character. Nobody is going to boo Kofi while he's jumping around kicking people in the face because he's SUPER ATHLETIC and it's hard to boo someone when you're in awe of their ability. Can you imagine if he were a heel doing his Royal Rumble spots? Dude would be over instantaneously. Plus his name is fun to say.

I like Kofi, I think he has a lot to offer. I think he could be the same type of character as Rey Mysterio where he's the perennial underdog. He's not a huge dude, has no power moves, and has to rely on his speed and agility. He'll never be as popular as Rey but I don't see any reason why he can't occupy a similar space.

Maybe I'm wrong and this is just preworkout talking.
Smithee wrote:Kofi did just fine behind the headphones on RAW, and his high spots are some of the best in the business. You're an idiot, hustler.
hes very athletic and he does nice high spots once in awhile, i agree. but the cost of that is tons of botches. also a lot of his moves simply dont telegraph well, they dont look realistic, they always barely connect (if at all). its fine if you like him, but i was asked why i thought he was trash and i gave you many many many reasons.

every character or team or persona or whatever he does just turns into a huge flop. remember when he tagged with evan bourne and they created "air boom"? :fail:
theres dudes who can talk on the mic and there are dudes who simply cant. kofi just doesnt have "it." defintiely not on the mic, and not in the ring either. jobber is exactly where he belongs. the D'Lo Brown of the PG era.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Image

"Smooth Sailing" Ashley Remington, the best new talent of 2014, is debuting for ROH in 2015 as Dalton Castle.

This is good news for everybody.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

love remington. good to see that.

kofi's offense a lot of hella non-lethal looking leaping about. i like his finisher tho.

get off d'lo brown tho. d'lo was tight

hustler

Post by hustler »

mike eagle wrote:love remington. good to see that.

kofi's offense a lot of hella non-lethal looking leaping about. i like his finisher tho.

kofi isn't even worthy of being called a "poor mans d'lo brown"

i meant it in terms of their position on the roster, ie. low-mid card jobbers.

battlecatmeowstab212

hustler wrote:

Prior to the Droz accident, it really seemed like they were grooming D-Lo for greatness. He was the first dual Euro-continental champion at a time when both titles mattered and was winning feuds against the top of the mid-card. Not to mention how WWE picked him to star with Steve Austin in that 1-800-COLLECT commercial.

According to legend, he was relegated to jobber status in late 2000 after Russo promised him a main event run in WCW when his contract expired, and he made no secret of it backstage. Then March, 2001 happened.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I think Kofi's your run of the mill, happy-go-lucky mid-card babyface without a gimmick. He's decent in the ring, he's athletic, the kids cheer for him. He's there when a face needs a tag partner or a mid-card belt holder needs a feud. He does those battle royal things. As characters go, he's unspectacular but reliable. I wouldn't describe him as trash, but definitely not a guy that's irreplaceable.

That said, I like the description of his offense as "[...]hella non-lethal leaping about." Probably makes me a hypocrite because I enjoy lucha.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Speaking of Lucha ...

Post by 907 »

Lucha underground has been the second best wrestling show behind NXT since it started.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Matt Cross looks fantastic these days as Son of Havoc.

hustler

Post by hustler »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
hustler wrote:

Prior to the Droz accident, it really seemed like they were grooming D-Lo for greatness. He was the first dual Euro-continental champion at a time when both titles mattered and was winning feuds against the top of the mid-card. Not to mention how WWE picked him to star with Steve Austin in that 1-800-COLLECT commercial.

According to legend, he was relegated to jobber status in late 2000 after Russo promised him a main event run in WCW when his contract expired, and he made no secret of it backstage. Then March, 2001 happened.

D'Lo Brown has swag before swag was a thing.

zappy

Post by zappy »

man just catching up on NXT, holy shit

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

blastmaster wrote:Matt Cross looks fantastic these days as Son of Havoc.
:ohsh:

That's him!?!

battlecatmeowstab212

Nigel McGuinness put his documentary The Last of McGuinness up for free for 24 hours on YouTube to promote his new Kickstarter.

Absolutely worth a watch, although it's pretty heartbreaking:

battlecatmeowstab212

Also great,

here's a recording of Lance Storm singing Sting's WCW "Man Called Sting" theme -

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Kalel wrote:
:ohsh:

That's him!?!
I read this thread before watching the match, and it's embarrassing to realize I may not have put that together had it not been mentioned. I mean, the SSP and the Sasuke Special Corkscrew Plancha should've been enough to give it away... but I had no idea his beard was at THAT level.

We talked CZW briefly in this thread, and M-Dogg 20 vs. Josh Prohibition (LLLLAADURR MAAAAAAAASH!) is the sole reason I got into indy wrestling. It wasn't the most crisp match, but it was unlike anything I'd ever seen. M-Dogg climbed the ECW Arena support pillars and bounced off J-Pro and a stubborn table, and I was hooked.

Having access to that WGTW 48 ("Serving Wilmington, and Philadelphia") was a blessing for a young mark... XPW Monday, ROH Tuesday, filler (GLOOW, TWF, and other promotions played hot potato with this spot) Wednesday, and CZW on Thursday. A little while back, I gave my brother the go-ahead to dump about 2 years worth of VHSes with meticulously kept match listings. Kinda regret it.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Seriously, that beard is on a Rip Van Winkle level.

Had to look up Matt Cross's history but he was also on Tough Enough? Damn. I would love to go back and watch old episodes of that show and see who else was on it. Other than Miz and Cameron are there any other current roster talent that came from that show?

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Kalel wrote:Seriously, that beard is on a Rip Van Winkle level.

Had to look up Matt Cross's history but he was also on Tough Enough? Damn. I would love to go back and watch old episodes of that show and see who else was on it. Other than Miz and Cameron are there any other current roster talent that came from that show?
If you like Matt Cross/M-Dogg, don't watch Tough Enough. If you ever want to watch it, then I'll warn you that I'm about to spoil it. They spend the first week establishing that he's an experienced wrestler, then the second week he gets sent home for not doing flippy shit and showing up his inexperienced opponent/training partner. Then, when he's handing in his belt, he doesn't let Austin take it and begs to stay on the show. It doesn't work.

And that's the point at which I stopped watching that season of Tough Enough. Oddly enough, the only person from that season of TE that made the WWE roster was Cameron, who was sent home the first week- but not before telling Stone Cold that her favorite match of all time was Melina vs. Alicia Fox.

hustler

Post by hustler »

^ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

he shoulda given her the stunner.

zappy

Post by zappy »

no kidding. dude is great

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Prior to the Droz accident, it really seemed like they were grooming D-Lo for greatness. He was the first dual Euro-continental champion at a time when both titles mattered and was winning feuds against the top of the mid-card. Not to mention how WWE picked him to star with Steve Austin in that 1-800-COLLECT commercial.

Interesting.

^ Almost ordered this t-shirt earlier this year...

battlecatmeowstab212

Alright gang, we've been here since 2011, being how active we are, I think it's time we had some Year-End Wrestling Thread Awards.

Everyone name ONE choice for:

Wrestler of the Year
Event of the Year
Tag Team of the Year
Match of the Year
Feud of the Year

Pure experiment now. Let's see where it goes. I'll narrow it down to nominees and we'll vote from there.

Not sure how into the indies we all are at this point, because I'm considering splitting up Wrestler of the Year into Major Promotion Wrestler of the Year (WWE, TNA, New Japan) and Indie Wrestler of the Year (ROH, PWG, Chikara, etc.)

And do we all watch enough shoots to do a Shoot of the year, or should we just give it to Punk's Art of Wrestling episode right now?

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

^^^^^
Agreed, will respond later, great Raw, but first off...so glad he is healthy and I so want this:

But happy for the man, wherever this run goes.
Last edited by Brougham33 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Lame ass ending. Basically made Survivor Series pointless.

Cesaro pipebomb was dope.... Followed by another loss lol.

Ascension looked nervous as fuck.

Really hope Daniels wins the Rumble now instead of Reigns.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote: Wrestler of the Year
Event of the Year
Tag Team of the Year
Match of the Year
Feud of the Year
Seth Rollins
NXT R Evolution
reDragons/Young Bucks
Tyson Kidd vs. Cesaro vs. Dolph Ziggler Three-Way Intercontinental Championship Match
Daniel Bryan vs. The Authority