CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

ObeseJesus

Re: CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Post by ObeseJesus »

That title match was an instant classic. Amazing stuff.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

yeah started streaming right before that match started not even aware of the card, just not wanting to miss the rumble and that was nuts
moved by duck muscles

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Audible LOLs were had at Kofi being the 17th entrant (hustler's pick).

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

LOL they did it again. Not even The Rock could save Reigns from getting booed out of the building.

zappy

Post by zappy »

holy shit i know right?

best part was the giant colt cabana head

zappy

Post by zappy »

knew i didnt really have a chance, but bray wyatt (#5) did last a good long time

zappy

Post by zappy »

but i mean if their goal was to make reigns the next cena, mission accomplished lol

alpha

Post by alpha »

2nd event I've watched in the last 10 years(Bryan winning wrestlemania last year was the other). Why is Reigns so hated?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Title match was fantastic. Rollins is indeed the future. Just a great worker. Lesnar is so fun to watch.

As good as that was, Roman winning almost negates it. So fucking bad. Props to the crowd for booing his ass. Rock looked shocked to hear boos. Predictable bullshit. Great job guys.

Thanks for giving an NXT guys spot to the Boogeyman, Vince.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

Reigns is being pushed down our throats and he clearly is very limited and nowhere near ready for the top spot.

The crowd wanted Bryan to win after not being in the Rumble last year and having to give up the title without losing it.

Reason1

Post by Reason1 »

I thought the Rumble as a whole was pretty awful? Like everything leading up to Reigns winning did not have that huge PPV feel to it. Thought it started off great with Bubba Rey but after DB's elimination everything went down hill...they coulda done so much more.
Ayo voice, it feels like battling season...

Reason1

Post by Reason1 »

that being the actual Rumble itself. title match was unreal.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Axel is still in it right?

Reigns bullshit aside, finish to the rumble was so strange. Ziggler getting the hope pope, only to get tossed like that so quickly, and then the rock pop before the Rusev return to get thrown out seconds later?

That title match was bonkers though, Lesnar deserves better for Mania.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Hey at least Ryder is back! Now the each of the Usos have someone to beat in singles competition at SmackDown...

The WWE's current disdain for what it's fans wants is hard to comprehend. They truly can't stand guys who get over organically. The roof would have come off had Dean or Bryan won. Shit even Bray or Rusev. The pop for Cesaro and Kidd was bigger than anything in any of the non- main event matches yet I am willing to bet they never sniff the belts.

Especially when NXT is doing everything right, right under their noses. It's a shame.

hustler

Post by hustler »

BigCat8 wrote:Audible LOLs were had at Kofi being the 17th entrant (hustler's pick).
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: / :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

this was my face= :fail:
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

For an industry seemingly obsessed about paying dues, fun to note that Reigns has only competed in 1 singles PPV match, and they trust him to main event the biggest show of the year.

alpha

Post by alpha »

no way he makes it to the main event after all the backlash.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

-Don't understand what they are doing with the Ascension. WHy make most of the moves look weak if you are going to have them win. And why the fuck was that the first match?

-The rumble sucked after D Brey was eliminated. I am fine with that but then where is the follow up with Wyatt to build this program? I mean shit you just made him the most hated man in the arena.

-Seriously what the fuck with Ziggler that is just pissing on fans.

-Kofi spot this year just sucked and was lazy by the bookers.

-The clusterfuck to end all that was the end of that match. Rock coming in did not help Roman but instead made him look likes he need help. It seems that there will be a Rock Rusev match at WM so why not book it instead that Rusev gets back in and he cheaps shot Roman and starts the beat down or something like this. Rock comes in to save him bam you have the set up. I don't know why HHH and Steph came out when no sting. Nothing made sense.

-Really what the fuck was that shit with Rusev. It would have been a billion times better to pretend that he was eliminated then the bullshit that was the ending. Why run that spot if that was what you are doing? It did not help anyone because at best people where like WTF?

-Where the fuck was Orton so there could be cutter off?

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Let' start the Mania predictions. Everyone try to have theirs done before Raw tonight and let's see who can get the most accurate.

Remember, this isn't necessarily what you want, but what you predict for the card:

Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar

The Rock vs. Triple H (Sting Special Referee)

John Cena vs. Rusev

Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose

Usos vs The Ascension

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

The Miz vs. Mizdow

Diva Invitational

Andre the Giant Battle Royal

I'm guessing Ambrose beats Seth clean, then Seth cashes in on Reigns after Reigns beats Lesnar.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

So #CancelWWENetwork is trending #1 on Twitter. If there's no competition to push WWE to make a better product, I wonder if this will have any effect.

It's a shame that the awful Rumble match is going to overshadow that classic championship match.

battlecatmeowstab212

ObeseJesus wrote:
It's a shame that the awful Rumble match is going to overshadow that classic championship match.
Comparatively speaking, do you think last year's Rumble match overshadowed Bryan-Wyatt?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
ObeseJesus wrote:
Comparatively speaking, do you think last year's Rumble match overshadowed Bryan-Wyatt?
Yeah, it did. From what I can remember Bryan-Wyatt was pretty great, but tonight's title match was 5 star. I think the actual results of last year's Rumble were worse, but this year's reaction was bigger. The fact that The Rock couldn't even save the show seemed like a shock to all involved.

hustler

Post by hustler »

the title match was GREAT. one of the best matches ive seen in a long long long long time. seth rollins is fantastic in the ring. love his curb stomp, his high flying shit, his sells, the way hes able to compensate when the big dudes dont catch him quite right, just A+ in every aspect. brock was very impressive as well, watching him toss that fuckboy cena around the ring like a ragdoll brings me immense joy. cena was fine, did his usual cena thing, whatever, its fun that the crowd is 95% against him.

the rumble match was a fucking shit-show. reigns isnt even bad, hes got a good look, decent moveset, hes just not good on the mic. none of this is reigns fault though, hes just doing what hes told. vince/creative have completely fucked him.

the rocks expression as he raises romans hand is LOL

this was my first time seeing the ascension, and they absolutely suck and i hate everything about them. shitty LoD ripoffs, not intimidating in the least, and there moves are not even impressive. their finisher doesnt even seem like a finisher. what is it? one guy does a flying elbow while the partner does a leg sweep? seems like a standard middle of the match tag team move.

kofi coming in at number 17 was some cruel and unusual punishment for me, a sick joke. but I enjoyed that he got ZERO pop, and actually about 75% boos and 25% non reaction. that guy absolutely sucks. go away please and never come back.

why was boogeyman in the rumble? if hes actually making a comeback, then fine, w/e. but if it was jsut a one time thing to have that corny moment with wyatt? it was totally unnecesary, wyatt is good, he doesn't need shit like that.

its a damn shame the rumble match was so bad that its all anyone is talking about, when that title match was a 10/10 slobberknocker classic for the ages.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

I was there

Fuck that ending, we were shitting on reigns before the ppv even started

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Let' start the Mania predictions. Everyone try to have theirs done before Raw tonight and let's see who can get the most accurate.

Remember, this isn't necessarily what you want, but what you predict for the card:

Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar

The Rock vs. Triple H (Sting Special Referee)

John Cena vs. Rusev

Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose

Usos vs The Ascension

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

The Miz vs. Mizdow

Diva Invitational

I'm guessing Ambrose beats Seth clean, then Seth cashes in on Reigns after Reigns beats Lesnar.
WWE Title match
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose

Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan

Triple H vs. Sting

Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

John Cena vs. Rusev

WWE Tag Team Title match
The Usos (c) vs. The Ascension

The Miz vs. Damien Sandow

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Lol @ the image of stinger in a ref shirt

battlecatmeowstab212

Where's Mania 32? Texas, right?

I'm guessing next year we get a once in a lifetime one night only match between Daniel Bryan and Shawn Michaels.

Reason1

Post by Reason1 »

hustler wrote:the title match was GREAT. one of the best matches ive seen in a long long long long time. seth rollins is fantastic in the ring. love his curb stomp, his high flying shit, his sells, the way hes able to compensate when the big dudes dont catch him quite right, just A+ in every aspect. brock was very impressive as well, watching him toss that fuckboy cena around the ring like a ragdoll brings me immense joy. cena was fine, did his usual cena thing, whatever, its fun that the crowd is 95% against him.

the rumble match was a fucking shit-show. reigns isnt even bad, hes got a good look, decent moveset, hes just not good on the mic. none of this is reigns fault though, hes just doing what hes told. vince/creative have completely fucked him.

the rocks expression as he raises romans hand is LOL

this was my first time seeing the ascension, and they absolutely suck and i hate everything about them. shitty LoD ripoffs, not intimidating in the least, and there moves are not even impressive. their finisher doesnt even seem like a finisher. what is it? one guy does a flying elbow while the partner does a leg sweep? seems like a standard middle of the match tag team move.

kofi coming in at number 17 was some cruel and unusual punishment for me, a sick joke. but I enjoyed that he got ZERO pop, and actually about 75% boos and 25% non reaction. that guy absolutely sucks. go away please and never come back.

why was boogeyman in the rumble? if hes actually making a comeback, then fine, w/e. but if it was jsut a one time thing to have that corny moment with wyatt? it was totally unnecesary, wyatt is good, he doesn't need shit like that.

its a damn shame the rumble match was so bad that its all anyone is talking about, when that title match was a 10/10 slobberknocker classic for the ages.
I'm still trying to figure out if he even has a decent move set. He lands a nice spear and his suplexes are ok...but I dunno...nothing special...his superman punch doesn't really do it for me either.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Let' start the Mania predictions. Everyone try to have theirs done before Raw tonight and let's see who can get the most accurate.
I still want to believe, so this is my card:

WWE Title match
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose

Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan (Undertaker involved somehow)

Triple H vs. Sting

Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton

John Cena vs. Rusev

WWE Tag Team Title match
The Usos (c) vs. Cesaro/Kidd

The Miz vs. Damien Sandow

Andre the Giant Battle Royal (Ziggler needs the win, Sheamus likely gets it)

NXT 4 way TITLE (kickoff show)
Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor vs Adrien Neville

Post by 907 »

After his showing in the Rumble last night, Bray has to be getting a singles match at Mania, right?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.