CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

blastmaster
King Duggan

Re: CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Post by blastmaster »

907 wrote:After his showing in the Rumble last night, Bray has to be getting a singles match at Mania, right?
I just hope that the writers give him a reason to fued with someone for once.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

Reigns/Lesnar/Bryan

Cena/Rusev

Wyatt/Taker

miz/mizdow

Ambrose/Kane

HHH/Sting

Ziggler/Sheamus

Usos/Ascension

goldust/stardust pre-show

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

I prefer that card, but I'm pessimistic right now.

Hopefully Bryan makes it back to the main event.

Where does Rollins fit in, though?

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

oh shit. good call

Rollins/Orton

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Hope it's Some kind of Ziggler/Barrett/Harper combo for the IC title.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Raw live was canceled tonight and they'll be doing the show from their HQ due to weather...

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Who do you think made the call to cancel Raw tonight?

I like to imagine John Cena took one step outside and went "What? I can't wear jorts in this! Raw's cancelled!"
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

That was the worst final 4 of any rumble ever

The fact that Vince booked rock to come out and celebrate with reigns after he won the rumble shows he expected the boos from the crowd and tried to counter it with bringing the rock out. Maybe he should just should have just listened to the crowds leading up to the rumble, and have gone in a different direction than reigns...

Ok, so now Vince is in a tough spot with reigns, as he was with batista last year after the rumble. What if he turned the rock and reigns heel, and had the rock use his Hollywood heel gimmick again to help reigns really get over? They teased a Brock face turn the last few weeks as he was attacking Rollins and the authority. A reigns/rock heel turn and a brock face turn could work.

zappy

Post by zappy »

idk, i feel like reigns heel only really works if rollins wasnt a heel, not that things like logic have ever stopped WWE creative before.

zappy

Post by zappy »

honestly the only good thing about that royal rumble match was zack ryder coming back

zappy

Post by zappy »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Who do you think made the call to cancel Raw tonight?

I like to imagine John Cena took one step outside and went "What? I can't wear jorts in this! Raw's cancelled!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Only way to fix this is to turn reigns heel

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

even then they'd have to put him with a mouthpiece

battlecatmeowstab212

The thing is, Reigns work best as a man of few words. Give him three sentences max, and he's a heck of a promo. He stood out because of his mystique, and when he spoke, every word mattered.

When did he become the second coming of Sheamus' second coming of Cena?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

mike eagle wrote:even then they'd have to put him with a mouthpiece
What about a heel rock as his mouthpiece? It would be money....

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:The thing is, Reigns work best as a man of few words. Give him three sentences max, and he's a heck of a promo. He stood out because of his mystique, and when he spoke, every word mattered.

When did he become the second coming of Sheamus' second coming of Cena?
Since Vince started writing his promos.

hustler

Post by hustler »

roman reigns must turn heel, believe that!
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Hollywood rock as mouthpiece would be nice

battlecatmeowstab212

Not that I'm doubting the Great One's abilities, but if they really want to gamble on making one of the world's most beloved movie stars a bad guy, why not at least put him in a match? And, in that case, who outside of maybe Daniel Bryan is going to get cheered against The Rock?

Post by 907 »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Not that I'm doubting the Great One's abilities, but if they really want to gamble on making one of the world's most beloved movie stars a bad guy, why not at least put him in a match? And, in that case, who outside of maybe Daniel Bryan is going to get cheered against The Rock?

Not to mention, he's a busy dude. Heel Reigns with Rock as a mouthpiece could feasibly work if he was there every week, but there's no chance of that happening.

Lesnar doesn't really work as a traditional face either, even if he's getting cheers it's only because he's such a badass killing machine. Good guy Brock would be awful.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Haven't watched wrestling in years...why does Daniel bryan get so much love?
UBM CD COMING SOON

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

907 wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Not that I'm doubting the Great One's abilities, but if they really want to gamble on making one of the world's most beloved movie stars a bad guy, why not at least put him in a match? And, in that case, who outside of maybe Daniel Bryan is going to get cheered against The Rock?

Not to mention, he's a busy dude. Heel Reigns with Rock as a mouthpiece could feasibly work if he was there every week, but there's no chance of that happening.

Lesnar doesn't really work as a traditional face either, even if he's getting cheers it's only because he's such a badass killing machine. Good guy Brock would be awful.
correct me if I'm wrong as my recollection of that time period is a little sketchy, but didn't Brock debut in Wwe as a face and then he eventually turned heel by aligning himself with VKM?

zappy

Post by zappy »

hustler wrote:roman reigns must turn heel, believe that!
idk man i dont see it working. not that i see face reigns working. pretty much fucked at this point.

battlecatmeowstab212

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Haven't watched wrestling in years...why does Daniel bryan get so much love?
He may have a legit claim to being the best in the world in every way you measure the quality of a wrestler. His matches are all unique and outstanding, playing to all of his opponents' strengths and still working in some surprises, his promos are absurdly emotive and connect with crowds of all ages, and there's just something unique about his look and style that makes him both the everyman underdog you can get behind as well as the believable expert killing machine. He's everything to everyone without compromising anything to anyone.
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
907 wrote:

correct me if I'm wrong as my recollection of that time period is a little sketchy, but didn't Brock debut in Wwe as a face and then he eventually turned heel by aligning himself with VKM?

Lesnar debuted on the main roster as a heel with Heyman leading him. He briefly became a fan favorite when Heyman turned on him in favor of Big Show and Kurt Angle, and then Lesnar's run through the Rumble/Mania became about getting revenge on Heyman. During his run as champ, Angle's had his major neck surgery that was seriousness enough to warrant a montage video with Coldplay's "Clocks" playing which, in 2003, meant there's no way he isn't coming back as the biggest face on the roster. I believe he and Lesnar has a rivalry that very, very briefly was face-face until Lesnar realized he had to allign himself with McMahon in order to believably beat Angle and he's been heel ever since.

So Lesnar's never been a traditional face as much as he's been anti-Heyman and a face by proxy.

hustler

Post by hustler »

zappy wrote:
idk man i dont see it working. not that i see face reigns working. pretty much fucked at this point.
they are super fucked. its a desperate hail marry pass in a basically lost game. i really dont know what they can do at this point.

battlecatmeowstab212

hustler wrote:
zappy wrote:
they are super fucked. its a desperate hail marry pass in a basically lost game. i really dont know what they can do at this point.
Bryan gets cost a shot at Wrestlemania or a world title shot by Lesnar and/or Heyman interferring.

Somehow, Bryan finds a way to incapacitate Lesnar.

Seth cashes in Money in the Bank on Lesnar.

Mania gives us a logical path towards Rollins vs. Reigns and Bryan vs. Lesnar.

If they want Reigns cheered, keep Ambrose out of that match. Instead, give Ambrose Kane and Big Show in a hardcore triangle match like Raven had with them at Mania 17 with a "Losers leave WWE" stip on the line. Of course that stip will be reversed months down the line somehow, but let Ambrose be the one to dismantle the Authority piece by piece and then be the one to make sure nobody interferes in the Triple H-Sting match with some spot.

Or, if he's back, Ambrose vs heel Batista.

hustler

Post by hustler »

can battlecat jsut replace vince as head of creative?

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

yup, that's a perfect plan to save WM at this point.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

The worst part of all of this is that despite #CancelWWENetwork trending #1 Worldwide, Raw ratings were way up and after WWE announced that the network has over 1 million subscribers, the stock price jumped way up, so Vince has no reason to acknowledge the criticism other than to label it a shitty crowd and move on with Reigns as the top face.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ObeseJesus wrote:The worst part of all of this is that despite #CancelWWENetwork trending #1 Worldwide, Raw ratings were way up and after WWE announced that the network has over 1 million subscribers, the stock price jumped way up, so Vince has no reason to acknowledge the criticism other than to label it a shitty crowd and move on with Reigns as the top face.
I'd argue that WWE network being available in more markets has more to do with hitting the 1 mil mark than any of the currently pushed talent being draws....