CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

mike eagle

Re: CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Post by mike eagle »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
mike eagle wrote:yeah im starting to get dungeon of doom feels from the wyatt fam
In a good way or bad way?
bad. like not all the way bad yet but there needs to be some kind of aim or mission soon. i would love to see them go for some belts or a belt. something. not just bearded freaks for bearded freaks sake

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

i know it was established very quietly on page 48 or something, but it's pretty remarkable that bray wyatt is the son of mike rotunda.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Yeah, it just feels like Bray is a crazy guy now. Before, he seemed like a crazy guy with a mission. A cryptic, wordy mission. But he's never really elaborated on that. He doesn't really have any goals. Why would he want a title? What would it do for him? Why even bother wrestling?

It's a shame. It feels like he's so fucking wasted by lackluster writing. The character is so different, and so intriguing... but you can't rely on "different and intriguing" week after week. Do something with the guy.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

BigCat8 wrote:Yeah, it just feels like Bray is a crazy guy now. Before, he seemed like a crazy guy with a mission. A cryptic, wordy mission. But he's never really elaborated on that. He doesn't really have any goals. Why would he want a title? What would it do for him? Why even bother wrestling?

It's a shame. It feels like he's so fucking wasted by lackluster writing. The character is so different, and so intriguing... but you can't rely on "different and intriguing" week after week. Do something with the guy.
They've also managed to make reigns look really weak vs the "new" wyatt fam.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

So how do you think they'll book Rollins vs Sting?

Sting can't go 0-2, but he also can't win. Sheamus seems like the only way to make this work, Seth could take the pin, it could help setup Seth vs Sheamus (babyface Rollins) as well as Seth vs HHH down the road.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

This will be like hogan in 02, he'll hold the belt for a month

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

cant see them giving sting the belt unless it was some weird part of his deal when he signed.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Rollins is losing the US title to Cena but will retain the strap vs Sting

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Will lose/retain to cena but whatever the outcome the match will be super grueling and will be the reason he loses to sting

Post by 907 »

I really don't think Sting is getting a world title run in 2015. Stranger things have happened, but it just doesn't seem like something they'd do. Has a WCW guy EVER held that belt? I'm drawing a bank. Goldberg only had the big gold, right?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

Loses to Cena, retains against Sting.

The real question is when are they doing HHH vs. Rollins? Doesn't seem like that'll be a Mania thing. Survivor Series? Before?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Pizon wrote:Loses to Cena, retains against Sting.

The real question is when are they doing HHH vs. Rollins? Doesn't seem like that'll be a Mania thing. Survivor Series? Before?
Maybe royal rumble

alpha

Post by alpha »

Is wwe still holding back daniel Bryan? Interviews he said he's fine...

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:Is wwe still holding back daniel Bryan? Interviews he said he's fine...
Link to said interviews? When he came back briefly to wrestle he didn't seem fine. He was noticeably slower and was limited in his moveset.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I wanna say it was on grant land. I'll try to find it today

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i recently got into wwe (latest start ever?) and i am in love

been learning all the terms, the kayfabe of it all, heels, heel turns, getting someone over, etc

at the moment i love all the usual suspects but nxt is fucking awesome, two hours of ridiculous wrestling

and neville's athleticism is fucking amazing, that red arrow shit will never get old
Nets 2022

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Reason wrote:i recently got into wwe (latest start ever?) and i am in love

been learning all the terms, the kayfabe of it all, heels, heel turns, getting someone over, etc

at the moment i love all the usual suspects but nxt is fucking awesome, two hours of ridiculous wrestling

and neville's athleticism is fucking amazing, that red arrow shit will never get old
Always good to hear of new fans. What was the match/card that got you into it?

Were you ever a fan growing up, or was this something completely new?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Lately, I have been lately educating myself on everything I've missed or glazed over, mostly post-attitude era WWE debut matches. some from the mid 90's.

Rocky Maivia/The Rock
Seth Rollins
Jean Paul Levesque/Triple H (WCW stuff too)
Stardust
Isaac Yankem/Kane (more so the former than the latter)
Chris Jericho
The Miz
Randy Orton
CM Punk
Lex Luger (Narcissist)
Tyson Kidd
David Hart Smith
Rick Rude (and that time he was on Raw and Nitro at the same time)
Steve Austin (evolution from Ringmaster to Austin 3:16)
The Million Dollar Man (and Hulk Hogan's very first match with him in the WWWF)
Kurt Angle
The Undertaker (including when he came back in 2000 as a biker.)
Kwang
Carlito
Edge
Christian
Test
The Radicalz
Rey Mysterio
Sin Cara
Waylon Mercy (wow)
Sycho Sid
Daniel Bryan (and where the YES! chants came from)
Kofi Kingston
Sheamus
Bray Wyatt
Bo Dallas
Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw/JBL (amazing how long it took for him to get to that point)
Zack Ryder

I think I stopped watching regularly around the time or before the acquisition of WCW.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I've gotten back into it this year too. was a big fan growing up all the way till about 2002. bret hart was dude.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

yall been watching these attitude era raws on the network? just watched steve blackman pin the rock and it actually made perfect sense

battlecatmeowstab212

I do like Stardust having The Ascension as his henchmen. I have no idea why his feud with Neville is continuing though.

Sting destroying the statue and riding away on a garbage truck was cool. New Day are the best parts of Raw. I'm also intrigued by Owens-Ryback.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:I do like Stardust having The Ascension as his henchmen. I have no idea why his feud with Neville is continuing though.

Sting destroying the statue and riding away on a garbage truck was cool. New Day are the best parts of Raw. I'm also intrigued by Owens-Ryback.
Riding away on the garbage truck was very Joker Sting-ish. I honestly think Sting could get over a lot easier in today's WWE with the Joker Sting gimmick.

battlecatmeowstab212

Also, I posted this idea on the other board I visit for what to do with Randy Orton:

Orton's been the most entertaining as sort of a loose cannon guy who goes from calm and articulate-to-crazy at the drop of a dime. While he's still getting reactions now, I think straying from this formula whether heel (2008/9 when he was probably his most over) or face (2011 when he was probably his second most over) is an easily rectifiable mistake.

If Orton's feeling burned out, work that into his character. Make his RKO's from Nowhere stem from him saying he's a third generation guy who has been doing this for 15 years now and has other things he could be doing.

Then add a layer to his character by making him being to consider what could exist for him outside of WWE, or what it could lead him to. We tease this for 4-6 weeks and ultimately settle on...

Randy Orton: Presidential Candidiate

Make him this generation's Bob Backlund, only instead of always looking unhinged and about to snap, give us the soft-spoken Orton who unpredictably (but logically) crescendos into lunacy with an RKO, preferably one that hath emerged as if it was from out of nowhere.

Pair him with someone else who is entertaining but not really involved in anything at the moment like a non-Revolution diva (maybe heel Lana again) or Bo Dallas to be his campaign manager, and El Torito (who legit still has a lot to offer the company) as his running mate.

Have him claim he's running as an "Ortoncrat," and make him appear on all nameplate graphics as "Randy Orton (O)"

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

Anyone want to join our fantasy fed?

It started in the early 90s and was at one time ECW's official e-fed. Just some good fun where you create and roleplay a wrestler. This isn't like most others, though, because there's no need to spend time writing a lot of shit. It's chat room/dice based for a few hours on Tuesdays and Sundays.

http://gwa-online.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

battlecatmeowstab212

Amazing selling by Tenay here:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Amazing selling by Tenay here:

Tenay's heel run in wcw is really overlooked. Great stuff.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

I hated Tony Schivonie. Why, I don't really know...maybe his southern twang. But I didn't like him. Especially when he would go head to head w/ Jim Ross on WWF pre-bells palsy, like 97-98. I know that sounds bad but that's the JR I liked best as a kid. The "I would say that but my Mama's watching..." JR >>>> the "Damnit...DAMNIT!!!!" JR. Regardless of how his face looked. And the fuckin...watered down WCW version of Bobby Heenan. As a longtime fan of the "broadcast journalist" I absolutely HATED that shit. I heard that Eric Bischoff or whoever the powers that be or were told Bobby not to be a heel but to be "wrestling's John Madden"...which I couldn't stand. "Goldberg...da man!!!!!!" :arrow: but Mike Tenay was actually pretty dope the whole time, and yea ppl front on his later heel run. Does he work in wrestling today still?

Post by 907 »

He was still working in TNA last time I watched, although that was like 6 months ago.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Smithee wrote:I hated Tony Schivonie. Why, I don't really know...maybe his southern twang. But I didn't like him. Especially when he would go head to head w/ Jim Ross on WWF pre-bells palsy, like 97-98. I know that sounds bad but that's the JR I liked best as a kid. The "I would say that but my Mama's watching..." JR >>>> the "Damnit...DAMNIT!!!!" JR. Regardless of how his face looked. And the fuckin...watered down WCW version of Bobby Heenan. As a longtime fan of the "broadcast journalist" I absolutely HATED that shit. I heard that Eric Bischoff or whoever the powers that be or were told Bobby not to be a heel but to be "wrestling's John Madden"...which I couldn't stand. "Goldberg...da man!!!!!!" :arrow: but Mike Tenay was actually pretty dope the whole time, and yea ppl front on his later heel run. Does he work in wrestling today still?
Totally agree with you on Heenan.

The NWO angle could have been even more impactful with Heenan going full heel, siding with them, and constantly spitting NWO propaganda while announcing. Instead they chose to go with the "I've always hated and never trusted hogan" angle and turned him face, which really didn't work. He was still funny here and there, but nowhere near as funny as he was as a heel. It's been widely reported that Heenan really hated the overall working environment at WCW, started to drink on the job, and basically stopped giving a fuck.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

^ Yep. On point.

Also, you could tell he still had it in him at whatever WM had the Gimmick Battle Royal w/ him and Mean Gene. Dude had me in tears, years later. I saw a recent picture and it's sad how sick he's become. :meh: Long Live Bobby.