CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

tehgiftofgab wrote:Punk got fucking destroyed last night lol
After winning his case, punk now says he's open to returning to wrestling in this interview....

All jokes aside, punk really has no business being in MMA, he just doesn't have it. Here's the full fight from last night just in case anyone missed it...

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

blastmaster wrote:Well, Dominion happened. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Jericho-Naito was brutal as fuck and Okada-Omega was absolutely one of the best matches ever. Jesus. So many details. That v-trigger through the ropes. Don Callis was amazing in the call of the finish. Damn, what a match.

Meanwhile, WWE announced Reigns-Jinder for Raw.
I've pretty much given up on WWE. It's really hard to watch these days.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I don’t even watch raw or smack down anymore. Is it me or they just mailing it in this year? Lesnar still having the strap is a joke.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Yea it’s pretty bad. Hopefully the move to Fox forces them to make some creative changes. With New Japan becoming easier and easier to watch and follow they need to make changes. Not that NJPW is a threat at all in the big picture, but it is the far superior product right now and feels like it’s just further cementing itself as the “cool” alternative that ECW was. I still can’t get over how good Dominion was.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Uncle Dave gave Omega vs Okada IV 7 stars and I can’t disagree. They’re the only two wrestlers in the world who could pulll off that match, and I don’t just mean the athletics of a flawless 1+hour match. As a pretty hardcore NJPW fan, this Okada title reign has been maybe the most impressive title reign in modern history, add to that Omega who has meant everything to the worldwide brand expansion they’ve been pushing for ever since WK 9. And all that pretty much culminated in this match.

The other two main events of Dominion were insane. Can’t wait for Takahashi and Ospreay to go heavyweight and I honestly wasn’t looking forward to Naito vs Bruiser Brody Jericho but they beat the shit out of one another and it was the perfect setup to the main event.

As for WWE, I don’t watch Raw or Smackdown anymore, but still watch the ppvs. I’m actually going to MITB Sunday, pretty cysed.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

I watch raw and smackdown still but only because I record it on my dvr lol... best way to watch is when you can fast forward through the bs (which is admittedly a lot.. but still)

I’m trying to get into njpw by watching on axis tv but Barnett and Ross are surprisingly the worst.. they sound half asleep most the time... I heard don callis and someone else used to commentate and were way better

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

tehgiftofgab wrote:I watch raw and smackdown still but only because I record it on my dvr lol... best way to watch is when you can fast forward through the bs (which is admittedly a lot.. but still)

I’m trying to get into njpw by watching on axis tv but Barnett and Ross are surprisingly the worst.. they sound half asleep most the time... I heard don callis and someone else used to commentate and were way better
What is Axis TV? I been meaning to ask you all this, what is the best way to follow NJPW?

And yea, I could never watch raw or smackdown live anymore, there's so much of it that needs to be fast forwarded.
Last edited by GUCCI CONDOMS on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Axis tv is a channel

They also have an app you can subscribe to that’s like the network

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I can’t get NJPW World to work... at all. I usually just stream shit on watchwrestling.in

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Im a huge mma and Barnett fan in general and obviously JR is JR, so I figured it would be an amazing pair to commentate njpw... honestly worst conmentaring I’ve ever heard

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Aside from NJPW world, AXS tv reruns is the best option. Other than that the various dirtsheets, podcasts, and NJPW YouTube clips is the other best way. I’d suggest watching these videos made by an independent source named showbucle. Start with battle for Ace and the story of Naito, both are great intros to the product.

https://vimeo.com/showbuckle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Brougham33 wrote:Aside from NJPW world, AXS tv reruns is the best option. Other than that the various dirtsheets, podcasts, and NJPW YouTube clips is the other best way. I’d suggest watching these videos made by an independent source named showbucle. Start with battle for Ace and the story of Naito, both are great intros to the product.

https://vimeo.com/showbuckle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, I'm gonna check this out.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Big Cass got fired today.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Happy Rusev Day!

Hardy with the paint too.

Good shit.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:Big Cass got fired today.
Apparently he went against direct orders from Vince on not being stiff with Bryan
Last edited by GUCCI CONDOMS on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Rousey is low key the best wrestler out right now

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

RIP Vader :sad:

alpha

Post by alpha »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Apparently he went against direct orders from Vince on not being stiff with Bryam
Yeah internet says it wasn’t just one thing. What it’s only been 2 months since he’s been back? He fucked up bad

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Apparently he went against direct orders from Vince on not being stiff with Bryam
Yeah internet says it wasn’t just one thing. What it’s only been 2 months since he’s been back? He fucked up bad
I also heard he was drunk several times during their latest European tour and was just acting like an overall asshole

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

Thoughts on Rollins dropping the IC title to Ziggler? Honestly, I like both of them. So I'm not mad. Rollins run was great, but seemed to be running out of a little bit of steam lately. Loving Ziggler and Drew together. Interesting to see where this goes with Drew and how long Ziggler holds the IC title. Drew needs to stay in the spotlight and get that main event push sooner than later.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Fingers crossed that Rollins dropped it so he can move to the main event and take down a Lesnar.

I love Ziggler but he badly needs to update his move set. Hopefully they keep him and drew together for a while and don’t rush the split.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

blastmaster wrote:Fingers crossed that Rollins dropped it so he can move to the main event and take down a Lesnar.

I love Ziggler but he badly needs to update his move set. Hopefully they keep him and drew together for a while and don’t rush the split.
IMO Ziggler has been very underrated on the mic since his heel "no gimmick" run. Agreed on him needing to update his move set tho, and he should probably update his look a bit as well.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Yea and his music is totally off for a heel. I thought for sure they would update it after they dropped it.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Couldn’t agree more about Ziggler.
Last edited by alpha on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Question... so I’ve been hearing amazing things about both njpw and nxt... if I were to catch up with one of them first.. anyone have any suggestions ??

And seriously am I the only one loving (surprisingly) Rousey ?? She seems to be a natural like a angle/shamrock

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

NXT will be easier and somewhat more rewarding if you’re a wwe fan. Just go back to the first Takeover special and watch all of those.

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

I definitely need to check out NXT a lot more. I actually graduated high school with Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero). I know he started wrestling in the independents in the very early 2000s, but I've never seen him live. A lot of people give him a hard time for putting on weight, but he's one of the best bigger guys to do it. I doubt he'll ever get called up to Raw or Smackdow, because he's like 37/38 years old. He still wrestles very well and has a huge following, but I think he's so well respected with NXT leaders/management, that they will likely just keep him in NXT. Be great to see him get called up one day though.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I hope Hero gets at least a brief run on the main roster. Tag him with Cesaro, split them, feud them, and then put him back in NXT if you want. It'd be a nice sign of appreciation for a guy who was so influential on his contemporaries.

He's a dude that just loves wrestling, and understands wrestling in a unique way.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Our world would be so different had Chris Hero been able to lose 40 pounds. The idea of him being in the Shield instead of Roman was tossed around but he was too fat. Crazy.

My bet is that he won’t go to the main roster and will be a trainer at the PC.

Anyone else watching the G1?

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

blastmaster wrote:Our world would be so different had Chris Hero been able to lose 40 pounds. The idea of him being in the Shield instead of Roman was tossed around but he was too fat. Crazy.

My bet is that he won’t go to the main roster and will be a trainer at the PC.

Anyone else watching the G1?
I ran into him about a year or so ago. I heard he has a thyroid problem that makes him gain weight, but then I also heard he refused to work hard at trying to get the weight off. Not sure what the real story is. But it'd be great to see him on Raw or Smackdown.