CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

stream link anyone?

Verge

Post by Verge »

Anyone have anymore links to the CM promos from last Monday Night, 7/11/11?

I've watched here and there throughout the last 10 years and haven't been motivated to even watch a full show. It has been awful, imho.

But all this CM and R Truth stuff that I've seen(which is only stuff from this thread) has been pretty damn good. Best I've seen since the Stone Cold/Rock/Mick Foley days.

I'm probably gonna start watching Raw again now and see this play out and see if it's dope again or has a chance to be.

R Truth kills me with that "little jimmy" shit. Lol.

Also, that Rock video Brougham posted, :lol: . to Cena.. "you graduate from catholic high school then you go hard core thuganomics? phony."
"get your punk ass off the Rock's twitter"

Post by 907 »

http://www.hqfooty.com/

PPV streaming right now.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Holy shit @ this Money In The Bank match.

These guys are amazing.

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

Is that ICP in the crowd?

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

hahahaha

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

When McMahon came out at first I was like :ohsh: then I was like :owens: then I was all :naswtf: but when he got :copy: I :lol:

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Great match and a great way to continue this arc. All in all it was a great card and the money in the bank matches were great and I was happy that Del Rio won the Raw MIB match.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

For once the WWE creative team handled things perfectly. Awesome match and finish, the crowd was unreal.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

great ppv, probably the best ive seen since i started watching again.

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

Brougham33 wrote:For once the WWE creative team handled things perfectly.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

madtapes wrote:
Brougham33 wrote:For once the WWE creative team handled things perfectly.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

im almost tempted to watch again, its about time Vince gave us something legitimate.

still mad Ziggler wasnt booked on the MITB match..

hustler

Post by hustler »

not a fan of either of the MITB winners. del rio is just a mexican JBL. and daniel bryan just plain sucks. he really is an annoying nerd/pest, i agree with everything cole says about him.
overall it was the best ppv i can remember. crowd was phenomenal.
the sheamous powerbomb through the ladder was highlight of the night for me, along with the punk goodbye kiss and mcmahons expression.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

ג€œ@WWEUniverse: Itג€™s 12:00 a.m. ג€¦ Do you know where your WWE Champion is? #MITB @CMPunkג€ The champ isג€¦here:

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

sugarless red bull :rofl:

excellent photo.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Great show last night. My first PPV in forever with a bunch of casual-at-best fans who just had to see it because of the pop culture hoopla. Show really delivered.
A Kid wrote:

still mad Ziggler wasnt booked on the MITB match..
I think it might have been a conscientious move to make the IC title mean something again, instead of just an accessory for someone to wear while they're waiting to win the world title.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

^you right, but im still :owens:

@hustler dont go at Alberto like that son, dont mention that chump JBL's name in the same sentence.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Pretty sweet card for raw tonight. Love the fact that Cena is using twitter to sell this work. Punk is gunna come out of the crowd Stone Cold style during the title match.
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Also I can see Del Rio getting eliminated then cashing in on whoever wins the title tonight.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Prophecy wrote:Pretty sweet card for raw tonight. Love the fact that Cena is using twitter to sell this work. Punk is gunna come out of the crowd Stone Cold style during the title match.
I think Punk is still in Chicago. At least that's what I gather from his Twitter.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Oh yeah, ADR is definitely cashing in tonight

battlecatmeowstab212

I only really enjoy ADR when he has Ricardo, so now that Ricardo's back I'm sure he will be entertaining again.

Honestly, I don't want ADR to cash in tonight, but if he does, the best case scenario would be to cash in on R-Truth as to further Truth's descent into conspiracy madness.

I do wish there was more backstage/character stuff tonight. With all the attention from the Punk angle, it's the WWE's chance to show-off to the lost/casual/new fans.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Well Lawler kinda telegraphed the finish by saying "one of these two will walk out of here the new champion." Yeah, prolly gonna be ADR. Meh.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Triple H Vs Punk Beef in the future?

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Well shit.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

I'm wondering if this is them really trying to wrap up the Vince character. He seemed to be soaking up the moment.

HHH has some ridiculous, over the top shoes to fill as on screen boss.

battlecatmeowstab212

I'm still hoping for the best and will be watching next week, but if they come off the heels of this great Punk angle with McMahons-vs-McMahons/Raw is Triple H Part #98702 then count me back out. The show really has (had?) a chance to step up and do something different, but it looks like it might be more of the same.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:I'm still hoping for the best and will be watching next week, but if they come off the heels of this great Punk angle with McMahons-vs-McMahons/Raw is Triple H Part #98702 then count me back out. The show really has (had?) a chance to step up and do something different, but it looks like it might be more of the same.
I see what you're saying and I can't help but fear that as well, but I really don't think they're going that way. I think this was their way to introduce Trips as the new boss, and give Vince (as a character) an understated farewell.

I'd like to see HHH try to lure Punk back the "right" way, then as Punk taunts him from various high school gymnasiums and bingo halls, eventually HHH loses his shit and goes after Punk himself. Of course, if HHH were to beat Punk, that's another story...

ecwclown2

Post by ecwclown2 »

This has been the best month for pro wrestling in the last decade. Even without Punk tonight, Raw was the shit. I can't wait for next week.