CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Sylissez wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:I'm still hoping for the best and will be watching next week, but if they come off the heels of this great Punk angle with McMahons-vs-McMahons/Raw is Triple H Part #98702 then count me back out. The show really has (had?) a chance to step up and do something different, but it looks like it might be more of the same.
I see what you're saying and I can't help but fear that as well, but I really don't think they're going that way. I think this was their way to introduce Trips as the new boss, and give Vince (as a character) an understated farewell.

I'd like to see HHH try to lure Punk back the "right" way, then as Punk taunts him from various high school gymnasiums and bingo halls, eventually HHH loses his shit and goes after Punk himself. Of course, if HHH were to beat Punk, that's another story...
See, I just don't think this feud needed Triple H at all. Making Triple H the center of the show between McMahon-angst is just too business-as-usual. Hearing "Time to Play the Game" just took the wind out of the sails for me.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

raw was kinda boring to me, but i enjoyed some parts...the crowd wasnt nearly as into it as the Chicago crowd.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

raw was extremely boring until the last segment, which I think was done quite well...def captured my interest to see what happens next week

if this really is it for vince as a character I gotta say I'm kinda happy about it, he has had that same character for well over a decade now and I think it has become stale and ran its course...still sad to see him go cause he is def top 5 best heels of all time...no one is ever gone forever in wrestling tho, unless you literally die...

anyone else annoyed about how much airtime was wasted on the "wwe championship tournament" when that shit will probably be scrapped next week?

does anyone else kinda wish shane had this role right now instead of HHH?
Last edited by GUCCI CONDOMS on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

lol at cena already rehired though, that was mad predictable

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
Sylissez wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:I'm still hoping for the best and will be watching next week, but if they come off the heels of this great Punk angle with McMahons-vs-McMahons/Raw is Triple H Part #98702 then count me back out. The show really has (had?) a chance to step up and do something different, but it looks like it might be more of the same.
I see what you're saying and I can't help but fear that as well, but I really don't think they're going that way. I think this was their way to introduce Trips as the new boss, and give Vince (as a character) an understated farewell.

I'd like to see HHH try to lure Punk back the "right" way, then as Punk taunts him from various high school gymnasiums and bingo halls, eventually HHH loses his shit and goes after Punk himself. Of course, if HHH were to beat Punk, that's another story...
See, I just don't think this feud needed Triple H at all. Making Triple H the center of the show between McMahon-angst is just too business-as-usual. Hearing "Time to Play the Game" just took the wind out of the sails for me.
Funny, I had the exact same reaction when I heard that. Actually, that's been my reaction to hearing that song for the last 6 or 7 years. The last time I truly enjoyed Triple H was his feud with Foley in 00/01.

But I came around during the promo, when it seemed like they were giving Vince's character its send off. Maybe its my sentimentality towards the character of Vince, and his being done in by what's got him to where he is (his determination to do what he wants), and not so much anything that Trips did (his "I love you Pop" was the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've heard in a long time) but there seemed to be an undercurrent of reality to it that I picked up on. Or maybe they just worked me really well.

And Gucci, yeah, I was kinda expecting to hear "HERE COME'S THE MON-AY!" which might've added to the let down to hearing "TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!"

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-lcQNKua1-Y?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-lcQNKua1-Y?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

This guy = CM Punk + Joey Styles - charisma.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

After listening to the BS Report with Bill Simmons last night I found out Punk is going to be on the podcast later on this week.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

im still kinda surprised Trips was willing to play the tv role so young...im sure he's still gonna be in matches for the next few years(like one or two a year, if that) but i guess im just used to Vince after all these years.

get Vince back on commentary!!! haha

ecwclown2

Post by ecwclown2 »

Punk will be using Twitter and perhaps indy feds and Japan to stay socially relevant. Vince will figure out that the only way to get back in power will be to entice Punk to come back. Then, Punk will face the interim champ in a unification match. This is an idea I had nearly two years ago. UFC does this ALL THE TIME. A champ can't defend his belt in a proper time frame (typically due to an injury), so they declare an interim champ until the original champ comes back and they face one another to find out who the real champ is. Given that Punk will be the face of all faces, the interim champ is likely to be a heel (Miz or Del Rio)... my guess would be Rey wins the tournament, and Del Rio cashes in and takes the belt, probably unmasking Rey in the process. Punk comes back and faces Del Rio in the main event of Summerslam, and wins the unified title. Rey comes back in September and feuds with Del Rio. In the meantime, Punk feuds with Trips and whomever he recruits to represent him (more than likely Cena, putting him back in the main event mix). They build to eventually Trips realizing that to get the job done right, he has to do it himself and the two face each other at WM 28... and Trips takes credit for the angle being so hot, even though Punk is clearly generating all of the interest.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

Punk vs. Austin at Mania.

I do think we'll see Punk vs. Triple H before that.

battlecatmeowstab212

ecwclown2 wrote:Then, Punk will face the interim champ in a unification match. This is an idea I had nearly two years ago. UFC does this ALL THE TIME. A champ can't defend his belt in a proper time frame (typically due to an injury), so they declare an interim champ until the original champ comes back and they face one another to find out who the real champ is.
WWF also had this idea in '94 for the Mania X ladder match between Razor and Michaels.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Punk interrupts Triple H at ComicCon.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2NAvDqglbAE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2NAvDqglbAE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

"You know where to find me. I'm sure Stephanie has my number."

Punk is killing shit so hard right now.

ecwclown2

Post by ecwclown2 »

Damn, that comic con promo was money. Punk can do no wrong these days.

And, when are they going to give Cabana a spot????

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

It seems inevitable Cabana will be back. He's been doing interviews lately saying how he'd like another run in WWE, whereas before he was more on the side of not wanting to go back and have another disappointing run.

Maybe Cabana attacks someone, or HHH lures Cabana with a contract he can't refuse, only to have him jumped by half the roster, in order to entice Punk to come back.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

I love the fact that they are stepping into modern times and using all kinds of social media to sell this shoot. The whole Vince being forced out and the changing of the guard metaphor is working soooo good right now.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

battlecatmeowstab212

And with this, they've won me back.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Prophecy wrote:I love the fact that they are stepping into modern times and using all kinds of social media to sell this shoot. The whole Vince being forced out and the changing of the guard metaphor is working soooo good right now.
Exactly. That ComicCon footage could have easily been taped with WWE cameras and played on Monday Night Raw. But it was shot with some dudes camera phone and posted on YouTube and that's what makes this whole thing so fucking dope.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

finally, wrestling just might be good again...

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:finally, wrestling just might be good again...
maaad emphasis on "might" though....hoping that they at least go a good year w/o dropping the ball on every decent development they make.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

A Kid wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:finally, wrestling just might be good again...
maaad emphasis on "might" though....hoping that they at least go a good year w/o dropping the ball on every decent development they make.
Might' help if they'd stop this whole "PPV event every 5-6 weeks" cycle that they've been on for the last few years.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

every 5 or 6 weeks is almost doable at this point..sometimes it feels like there is only 3 weeks between them...some coming within 2 weeks of eachother...

i mostly get annoyed by the same feud lasting for extra long..like Randy Orton has been feuding with Christian since Wrestlemania and while im glad it gives Christian another reign it all just feels forced and overdone

plus Sin Cara suspended so im losing right now

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

i gotta go to comicon one of these years...shit...

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Can't embed, but Punk shows up to an AAW show in Berwyn, Il to put over an indy guy. Fucking awesome.

http://yfrog.com/nq4x5z

ecwclown2

Post by ecwclown2 »

For the first time in over a decade, I can't wait for Raw tonight...

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

hope its a good one. just went to a house show on saturday and Rey/Miz faced off and apparently what happens at house shows is an indicator of what happens on tv...

so if thats the case Sheamus will be a huge face soon(got huge face pops from the crowd in his match vs Wade Barret) and Rey Mysterio will be the champ tonite(my pick even before the house show)

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

:rofl: @ Keith Stone
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

Rey/Cena tonight? I'm having doubts that Rey walks out with the title. Cena as champion right now would be unfortunate. Anyone else have a hunch Cena beats Rey, and Del Rio cashes in at the end of the show?

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Prophecy wrote::rofl: @ Keith Stone
I laughed. More commercials should be like this.

Kelly Kelly :jiz:

Anyone else mark out when Zack Ryder came out? Even though it was only for 5 minutes and the match was against Michael Cole it was a neat way to reference Punk's appearance at ComiCon without mentioning it.

I counted about 4 (EDIT: make that 5) references to Punk tonight. How far away is Summer Slam? Cuz I think he shows up to the next PPV.

Also good to see John Morrison back. Him, Evan Bourne, and Kofi Kingston are pretty awesome to watch.

I'M TALKING ABOUT WWE IN 2011. THIS CAN'T BE LIFE.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

MOTHERFUCKING CM PUNK BITCHES!!!!!!