It's Shark Week Bitches!!!!

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Prophecy
not Psychosis

It's Shark Week Bitches!!!!

Post by Prophecy »

Best week of TV all year? Discuss.

"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

alpha

Post by alpha »

:cheers:

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Mob week on AMC>>>>

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

I live my whole life like it's shark week

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

I, for one, welcome our new shark overlords.
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

wtf is up with hammerhead sharks heads...?

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Fuck these smug cocksuckers. The animals being dicks thread in P&B has convinced me that we need KANGAROO WEEK. I'm trying to promote the idea on twitter to predictably little results. #kangarooweek motherfuckers.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

darkwingduck wrote:wtf is up with hammerhead sharks heads...?
It allows them to sweep the bottom of the ocean for electrical impulses by their prey because the whole front part of the head is lined with electricity sensing pores. It also allows them to see above them and below them at the same time.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Prophecy wrote:
darkwingduck wrote:wtf is up with hammerhead sharks heads...?
It allows them to sweep the bottom of the ocean for electrical impulses by their prey because the whole front part of the head is lined with electricity sensing pores. It also allows them to see above them and below them at the same time.
And allows them to quickly remove any pesky nails sticking out of the ocean floor.

PopeyeJones

Re: It's Shark Week Bitches!!!!

Post by PopeyeJones »

Prophecy wrote:Best week of TV all year? Discuss.
Please talk to me like I'm stupid:

What the fuck exactly is Shark Week? Do they have new original programming on sharks every year or they just show the same shark docs every year marathon style? Is it all sharks all the time or is it just sharks in primetime or regular programming with a recurring shark themed commercial break? Do people actually really like Shark Week or is it just kinda a "thing" and it's funny to talk about Shark Week? I am very clear on its existence but I know absolutely nothing about it.

thnx.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Pops, save yourself the worry and jump on the #kangarooweek bandwagon.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Re: It's Shark Week Bitches!!!!

Post by Prophecy »

PopeyeJones wrote:
Prophecy wrote:Best week of TV all year? Discuss.
Please talk to me like I'm stupid:

What the fuck exactly is Shark Week? Do they have new original programming on sharks every year or they just show the same shark docs every year marathon style? Is it all sharks all the time or is it just sharks in primetime or regular programming with a recurring shark themed commercial break? Do people actually really like Shark Week or is it just kinda a "thing" and it's funny to talk about Shark Week? I am very clear on its existence but I know absolutely nothing about it.

thnx.
Well I'll start off with saying that I truly enjoy shark week and know lots of other people that do as well. Then again from the time i was old enough to read till i was like 14 i read every shark book from every library everywhere that i lived. So yeah I love sharks. There are some people that talk about it as just a "Thing to be funny" or just an excuse to throw a "Shark Week Party" and get fucked up playing shark week themed drinking games (take a shot every time someone says predation etc).

As for the programming the majority of the week Discovery shows nothing but shark programming with a few exceptions here and there (maybe some American chopper or Deadliest on in the afternoon some days). The bulk of the programming is from past shark weeks but in the prime time slots (9pm-10pm EST here) every night you do get some new stuff. Also many of the mainstay shows do shark themed episodes or have done them over the years. Mythbusters has done one, dirty jobs has a few episodes about shark related jobs etc. They have some shark related bumpers introducing the new programming and stuff too but other than that the advertising is business as usual.

All in all I love the fuck out of it because I've always been a shark geek and it's something I've grown up with since it first started in 1987.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

That's really cool, Prophecy. No sarcasm. I'm that way with the Weather Channel's tornado programming. :cheers:

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Prophecy (no smug life).

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I always assumed everyone had a appreciation for sharks.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Spartan wrote:I always assumed everyone had a appreciation for sharks.
Not everyone.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hM8kQ-kn4Ow?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hM8kQ-kn4Ow?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Thun wrote:
Spartan wrote:I always assumed everyone had a appreciation for sharks.
Not everyone.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hM8kQ-kn4Ow?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hM8kQ-kn4Ow?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
:lol: :cheers:

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

That's some bullshit they don't show Cash Cab this week.