Community Season 3 thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Chevy's story was gold

Annie's boobs in her story even moreso

Britta reading "Warren Piece" was a nice touch in the car
UBM CD COMING SOON

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Tweak Da Leak wrote: Annie's boobs in her story even moreso
:leon:

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

ALASKA wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote: Annie's boobs in her story even moreso
:leon:
If not for that this season would really suck. The change in Jeff character somehow fucked up something.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

completely average for community. It was still good. Britta is looking right this season. A few extra pounds on her helped a lot.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Troy and Abed being Top Gun pilots encapsulated their relationship perfectly.
UBM CD COMING SOON

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Was Troy and Abed supposed to be dressed as someone? It's driving me crazy.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Was Troy and Abed supposed to be dressed as someone? It's driving me crazy.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I don't remember the outfits too much but i thought they were inspector spacetime from the show that britta got them on.

EDIT:

This Tumblr confirms the Inspector Spacetime costumes
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/inspector+spacetime
UBM CD COMING SOON

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

lol cool. I thought he was supposed to be dressed as the guy from Breakin! lol

Thun

Post by Thun »

First episode since Season 1 that I thought was atrocious. If this happens again, show is likely on a downward spiral and is going out with a whimper.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Thun wrote:First episode since Season 1 that I thought was atrocious. If this happens again, show is likely on a downward spiral and is going out with a whimper.
:ohsh:

Admittedly, it's probably the weakest episode of the season but I didn't think it was that bad.

Maybe it's because I geek out at some of the references.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

To be fair their Holliday episodes are usually worse than the normals ones. I didn't like the claymation episode.

Gregg Popabitch

bbatson1 wrote:To be fair their Holliday episodes are usually worse than the normals ones. I didn't like the claymation episode.
I remembered liking the Zombie episode from last season but I'm a mark for zombies.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

the zombie ep was dope.
claymation was only ok.

NEXT!

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

let that good man shine
pretty good ep
b story won the day
moved by duck muscles

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

sup girl, how you livin?

None

Post by None »

"Look, I know you think made your mind up about plumbing and I respect that. But come to the third floor men's room any time after three. Unclogg one toliet with me and tell me you don't feel something."

"Isn't that right, black Hitler?"

Gregg Popabitch

Seeing None's sig makes me think that Bill Murray would make a good Penguin in any Batman movie.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Shirley: Most kidnappings end in murder/suicide.
Annie: WHy are you smiling?
Shirley: I am?

"I don't want to be a janitor either they have to deal with poop."

"Minorities, jewesses and swedish dogs."

"Most wig's are manufactured from the hair of orientals."

"Your pertruding brow line makes me think your a swede."

Chang kept it short and sweet with the "This is a sausage fest"
UBM CD COMING SOON

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

pretty average episode last night.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Thun wrote:First episode since Season 1 that I thought was atrocious. If this happens again, show is likely on a downward spiral and is going out with a whimper.
Show is outright sucking right now. I still think the reason why is they made Jeff to goddy good with the group and the show has way to much heart that they keep trying to jam down.

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

ThaJim2 wrote:
Show is outright sucking right now. I still think the reason why is they made Jeff to goddy good with the group and the show has way to much heart that they keep trying to jam down.
Last night's episode was far and away the worst so far this year, but Jeff is definitely pulling away from and becoming ostracized by the group this season. It will certainly become a bigger plot point down the line. I think you're watching the show wrong.

Gregg Popabitch

yeah, i co-sign what reggie said. since the chaos theory episode, they've been subtly (or not so much) hinting at the fact that jeff is the outcast of the group.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

^What ever they are doing with Jeff and the rest of the group for that matter is making the show suck. To many of the epsoides have suffered from the group being together in outside situtions. Just a huge drop of in quility and laughs from the last 2 seasons to this season.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

ThaJim2 wrote: To many of the epsoides have suffered from the group being together in outside situtions.
They're intentionally transitioning to off-campus locales because it doesn't make sense for all these people to be in community college for 8 years.

As for last nights episode, there was no shortage of good lines, but they didn't add up to much. I really didn't think the episode was that bad (particularly compared to some of the other eps this season).

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

fucked up amd missed a good part of the season. catching up now. that timeline episode is pure crack though.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Thun

Post by Thun »

Show's done. Last episode was cold trash. Freefall to rock bottom in progress.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

ThaJim2 wrote:^What ever they are doing with Jeff and the rest of the group for that matter is making the show suck. To many of the epsoides have suffered from the group being together in outside situtions. Just a huge drop of in quility and laughs from the last 2 seasons to this season.
Then again, you enjoy the Big Bang Theory. I think this says more about you than Community.

And while season three had its share of below average episodes thus far, I don't share Thun's sentiment that the show is done. At least not in a creative sense, I think there still are some quality episodes on the horizon. As far as the longevity of the show: this is probably their last season. It's a shame because Community was far and away my favourite show during season 2.

Thun

Post by Thun »

I hope I'm wrong. They just seem bored with themselves. Compare to Parks and Rec, which is not nearly as good of a show in a general sense but seems to be constantly improving and a cast that seems excited to be working together.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Thun wrote:I hope I'm wrong. They just seem bored with themselves. Compare to Parks and Rec, which is not nearly as good of a show in a general sense but seems to be constantly improving and a cast that seems excited to be working together.
Yup, but even Parks and Rec has had a few bad episodes this season. And you have always been critical of Aziz Ansari, for example, so the grass is not always greener.

And I'm also afraid Parks and Rec will get cancelled sometime soon. It troubles me to see mediocre shows get great ratings and great shows get mediocre ratings. I'm not suprised because that's the way of the world, but I will always cherish shows like Community and Parks and Rec.